5.0 out of 5 stars Die with a smile of your face.
I'm convinced that no other snack will block your arteries quicker than these. You can almost feel them clogging as you toss each tasty crunchy little parcel in to your mouth, one after the other.

Do we care? Hell no!

Published on 12 Jan 2011 by The Truth

3.0 out of 5 stars Thank you
Thank you very much they are very very nice I mean they're really lovely we enjoyed them ;-) X x
Published 4 months ago by daniel mellia

5.0 out of 5 stars Die with a smile of your face., 12 Jan 2011
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Do we care? Hell no!

Scampi Fries are so damn crispy and tasty one packet is worth the risk of about 100 open heart surgeries. The way Smiths have recreated the scampi 'bread crumb' texture is deserving of the Politzer Prize.

And if you're a sucker for crisps and other corn/cereal based snacks, these are the absolute pinnacle of the crisp & bar snack world! There is nothing better. Period!!!

They stink so much they turn me on, and have school boys up and down the country sniffing each others fingers. Who cares if you're gonna have a heart attack, if heart attacks taste this good!

The only negative thing about them (besides a fat content Ronald MacDonald and The Burger King would be proud of) is that they come in such tiny packs.

However, I'm pretty sure that this is just to help get round some EU guidelines on health; because if the packets were any bigger, people would be clutching their arms and dropping dead in pubs, bars and corner shops up and down the country.

But at least they'd go happy!

Their crispy deep fried goodness will leave you with a bread crumbed smile on your face as the ambulance crew give you mouth to mouth.

However, I bet that between breaths - while they're pumping away at your chest desperatly trying to breath life back into your lungs - the person administering the heart massage will give you mouth to mouth and says: "Cor! He tastes of Scampi Fries!! Mmmmm... Bloody lovely!"

There really is nothing like the crispy texture, hollow crunch, and zesty, fishy taste of Smith's Scampi Fries. When I'm in the back of the Ambulance the only reason I want to be brought back to life, is so I can eat more of these.

It's as if Posiden - God of the sea - has caught them and served them up to you fresh from his net that day! They are quite simply - heavenly!!!.

Speaking of heaven - the rate at which I throw packets of these down my neck it won't be long before I'm there myself. And my idea of heaven isn't fluffy white clouds but crispy orange snacks - See you there scampi lovers!

If you've found this review helpful you might like to read about my thoughts on some other classic snacks that are also favourites of mine:

Wotsits: Wotsits Cheesy - 48 packs per Box

Frazzles: Frazzles Bacon 23 g (Pack of 96)

Bacon Fries: Savoury Selection Bacon Fries 24 g (Pack of 24)

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong flavour, 18 Sep 2010
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
24 packs on a backing board just like in the pub.

Scampi fries have the strongest flavour for crisps or snacks and are delicious.

Packing and delivery were excellent. These are really hard to get hold of in supermarkets or shops. I'm glad Amazon had them for sale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing.. Best thing I have ever eaten, 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
Amazing.. Best thing I have ever eaten!! these scampi fries by smiths are amazing and taste great.. i love them and i eat them all day everyday.. i buy over 30 a month and i love it. nicest thing i ever have tasted. good strong flavour. 10 out of 10. hard to get in the shops!!! but why? its the best food ever. thank you for making them and god bless scampi fries.

5.0 out of 5 stars These stink to high heaven, 1 Sep 2012
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
I love them and hope they stay that way and don't ever change like the nik nak ones which now taste more lemony than scampi.
Great product nice and fresh , crunchy and above all nice and stinky.

5.0 out of 5 stars The smell, aw, bliss!, 5 Aug 2012
Jackiesmackie "Independently Different" (UK, Blackburn) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
There is no other snack that will get peoples face wrinkling in disgust. But we lovers of scampi fries care not. They are anything from 60p to a quid in most pubs now. 24 bags for the price, the only problem is you will tempted to eat them all at once. Throw caution to the wind, laugh in the face of your enemies, eat with passion!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVELY JUBBLY ! SINGLE GIRLS TROUSER TROUT !!, 24 April 2013
Miss S (Wirral, Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24)

On Receipt of item checked : Pack of 24 on large card . Use by date 29/6/2013 (well within date) No damage to product eg : holes , missing packets or defects whatsoever . Heat sealed and super-fresh .

Bridget Jones may of chosen Choccies and donuts but being a girl who appreciates the finer things in life , that "special taste" the one she yearns for ! night after lonesome night and sometimes in the middle of the night and dare i say i could do a packet in the early mornings, a morning person too :)) Only "Smiths" would do ..many years ago i had the pleasure of Scampi Fries .but schoolboy humor put a bit of a damper on my teenage lust for these ..most of the girlies wouldnt admit we'd like a packet when the guys offered us a drink at the bar in case our Chanel and heavily 80's hairsprayed "do's" would be lost in some sort of rancid whiff of fish that our dates would think was shock horror US !!! and then how would we live it down ..looking back that was silly .reading the reviews here ..seems like we'd of got instant proposals and babies and happy ever after ..ohhh well ..lets get back in the present day ..i was delighted to see them here and i couldnt wait to order as a now much more confident women than the shy teenager worried about body issies and eating in front of guys and what i would small and look like ..now im mean and tough !! i need a hardcore snack ..a stinky one ..single womans trouser trout ..pungent packet of fun i can tease my toungue with ..i can lick it ..hold it and suck it ..have it in sandwhich for a texuture and added crunch ..either way all ways ..i love these amazing little things ..super fresh and super cool . I ordered mine without hesitation and i was able to add on Scampi Supper add on item ..i could fo went for another flavour , i wanted to compare makes and such ..but i will try other ones ..My little chorkie dog loves to playfully toss one about !! phooo smelly fun especially when i find one undermy pillow or in the sheets somewhere hes hidden for a suck later on ..i did have my moments then in my dreams when i thought some big hunk had arrived for the night and i was getting a whiff of his manly manhood smell ..ALAS it was a rougue scampi from the dog ..but i live in hope ..but for now this Smiths will have to do ..gorgeous , top marks , great delivery , its improtant with consumable that alls fine with item and no issues . Do not hestitate to buy from the company i am reviewing here i will be back for more and all id like to say to you is thank you ..lovely jubbly trouser trout fishy licky fun ..your fingers actually dont smell after ..not sure about my breath though ..i did have a bit of wind and passed a few the next day but i dont know if thats becuse i ate quickly late at night .oh well no one here to get a whiff so im ok ..gallery pic of cards of item in my kitchen ..

5.0 out of 5 stars Best scampi fries ever, 12 July 2012
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
I'm not the greatest junk fan, but I could easily eat dozen of these packets. The flavour is overwhelming! A true delight! I could eat them all the time... But I think already wrote that. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum yum yum!!, 4 Oct 2010
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
It is so nice to be able to get your favourite yummy snack through Amazon (top marks Amazon, you are amazing!!)! As an Army wife stationed in Germany for the past 11 years, I have only been able to get these delicious things when I have been back to UK and generally after being stuffed in a suitcase, they are little more than crumbs!! Not so with Amazon packaging. The fishy/lemony flavour of Scampi Fries is the stuff of dreams when you haven't tasted them for months and I am in the process of buying another cardful to send some through to my friends who are out in ops in Afghan and on tour in Canada (but not all of them ... most of them are for meeee!!). Like another well known brand, you either love them or hate them ... unfortunately my husband doesn't like them at all and won't kiss me, due to fishy breath, when I've been eating them - never mind though!! What more can I say, my 'basket' awaits!!

5.0 out of 5 stars KING OF THE PUB SNACKS, 25 Jan 2011
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
scampi fries are the most delicous snack ever created and are so hard to get hold of ,mostly seen in pubs or clubs and are quite pricey to go with it ,and these days they are hard to come across . so seeing these sold by the card full on amazon put a very big smile on my face and was promptly followed by a couple of orders and 44p a pack is a price well worth paying ,great work amazon .

4.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, 13 Sep 2010
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
There's only one word I can use to describe this... yummy.

When I first had a packet, I really hesitated. I thought, Scampi? Nope, I don't like scampi, so I'm not going to enjoy this. Lemon? Nope, I don't like Lemon. Something tells me eating one of these is going to be terribly bad. Well, fortunately it wasn't. It was a nice texture to it, and the flavouring wasn't enough to be off-putting.

The only negative is the price - at 44p a bag of just 27g, they can work out to be an expensive treat, but oh boy, a treat they certainly are. As these are often only found in selected pubs and clubs, it's also nice to finally find them available to buy online.

Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24)
13.49