5.0 out of 5 stars They Changed My Life
I used to be a bit of a miserable bugger, you know the sort, always grumbling, permanent frown on my face, my only friend my personal computer. But then the internet introduced me to the possibility of puchasing not one, not two but TWENTY-FOUR packets of the most wonderfully delicious snacks all in one go!

Thanks to the salty savoury goodness of scampi fries...
Published 4 months ago by Duncan Shepherd

3.0 out of 5 stars Thank you
Thank you very much they are very very nice I mean they're really lovely we enjoyed them ;-) X x
Published 9 months ago by daniel mellia

5.0 out of 5 stars They Changed My Life, 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)

Thanks to the salty savoury goodness of scampi fries you certainly won't catch me without a smile on my face, I'm the most popular guy in town. I buy 4800 packs of these a year and I truly look forward to the day that my heart eventually and inevitably explodes and my numerous pals and lady friends are showered in pure scampi goodness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Die with a smile of your face., 12 Jan 2011
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
I'm convinced that no other snack will block your arteries quicker than these. You can almost feel them clogging as you toss each tasty crunchy little parcel in to your mouth, one after the other.

Do we care? Hell no!

Scampi Fries are so damn crispy and tasty one packet is worth the risk of about 100 open heart surgeries. The way Smiths have recreated the scampi 'bread crumb' texture is deserving of the Politzer Prize.

And if you're a sucker for crisps and other corn/cereal based snacks, these are the absolute pinnacle of the crisp & bar snack world! There is nothing better. Period!!!

They stink so much they turn me on, and have school boys up and down the country sniffing each others fingers. Who cares if you're gonna have a heart attack, if heart attacks taste this good!

The only negative thing about them (besides a fat content Ronald MacDonald and The Burger King would be proud of) is that they come in such tiny packs.

However, I'm pretty sure that this is just to help get round some EU guidelines on health; because if the packets were any bigger, people would be clutching their arms and dropping dead in pubs, bars and corner shops up and down the country.

But at least they'd go happy!

Their crispy deep fried goodness will leave you with a bread crumbed smile on your face as the ambulance crew give you mouth to mouth.

However, I bet that between breaths - while they're pumping away at your chest desperatly trying to breath life back into your lungs - the person administering the heart massage will give you mouth to mouth and says: "Cor! He tastes of Scampi Fries!! Mmmmm... Bloody lovely!"

There really is nothing like the crispy texture, hollow crunch, and zesty, fishy taste of Smith's Scampi Fries. When I'm in the back of the Ambulance the only reason I want to be brought back to life, is so I can eat more of these.

It's as if Posiden - God of the sea - has caught them and served them up to you fresh from his net that day! They are quite simply - heavenly!!!.

Speaking of heaven - the rate at which I throw packets of these down my neck it won't be long before I'm there myself. And my idea of heaven isn't fluffy white clouds but crispy orange snacks - See you there scampi lovers!

If you've found this review helpful you might like to read about my thoughts on some other classic snacks that are also favourites of mine:

Wotsits: Wotsits Cheesy - 48 packs per Box

Frazzles: Frazzles Bacon 23 g (Pack of 96)

Bacon Fries: Savoury Selection Bacon Fries 24 g (Pack of 24)

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong flavour, 18 Sep 2010
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
24 packs on a backing board just like in the pub.

Scampi fries have the strongest flavour for crisps or snacks and are delicious.

Packing and delivery were excellent. These are really hard to get hold of in supermarkets or shops. I'm glad Amazon had them for sale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Tasty Scampi Fries, 26 Nov 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
I have been eating these since I was knee high-d to a grass hopper when I used to go for pub meals with my parents in the day and I remember experiencing that unique and magical taste for the first time.

Several prime ministers down the line and I still go to pubs but in the night without my parents and I still ask for a pack of 'Scampi Fries'. The taste hasn't changed and they remain one of my favourite fries.

When my wife ordered these for us I was absolutely delighted. The packets are quite small and each of the fries look like they have been made from high quality ingredients. They are yellow on the outside and have a hollow centre.

Taste-wise they have a very unique zesty taste that's different and nicer than the zesty-ness that you get from Lemons and Lemon juice. The zesty-ness goes very well with the other ingredients and along with its crunchiness makes it a luxurious and pleasurable experience.

If you haven't tried them before it might be worth trying a single packet on its own first in case you don't like them, however I haven't come across anybody who doesn't yet.

When my 2 young nephews come to visit they always ask for one and my wife has to frequently change their location, especially if they are both staying for several days at a time. Me, on the other hand I like to see them eating them (sparingly), and it's a joy to see them enjoying them....the same as I was when I was their age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, 12 Nov 2014
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
Great product. We have loved Scampi Fries (and Bacon Fries) for a long time and have found them increasingly difficult to find (at least in Scotland), so was delighted to find both these products are available for sale on Amazon. I'm happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum yum yum!!, 4 Oct 2010
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
It is so nice to be able to get your favourite yummy snack through Amazon (top marks Amazon, you are amazing!!)! As an Army wife stationed in Germany for the past 11 years, I have only been able to get these delicious things when I have been back to UK and generally after being stuffed in a suitcase, they are little more than crumbs!! Not so with Amazon packaging. The fishy/lemony flavour of Scampi Fries is the stuff of dreams when you haven't tasted them for months and I am in the process of buying another cardful to send some through to my friends who are out in ops in Afghan and on tour in Canada (but not all of them ... most of them are for meeee!!). Like another well known brand, you either love them or hate them ... unfortunately my husband doesn't like them at all and won't kiss me, due to fishy breath, when I've been eating them - never mind though!! What more can I say, my 'basket' awaits!!

5.0 out of 5 stars KING OF THE PUB SNACKS, 25 Jan 2011
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
scampi fries are the most delicous snack ever created and are so hard to get hold of ,mostly seen in pubs or clubs and are quite pricey to go with it ,and these days they are hard to come across . so seeing these sold by the card full on amazon put a very big smile on my face and was promptly followed by a couple of orders and 44p a pack is a price well worth paying ,great work amazon .

4.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, 13 Sep 2010
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
There's only one word I can use to describe this... yummy.

When I first had a packet, I really hesitated. I thought, Scampi? Nope, I don't like scampi, so I'm not going to enjoy this. Lemon? Nope, I don't like Lemon. Something tells me eating one of these is going to be terribly bad. Well, fortunately it wasn't. It was a nice texture to it, and the flavouring wasn't enough to be off-putting.

The only negative is the price - at 44p a bag of just 27g, they can work out to be an expensive treat, but oh boy, a treat they certainly are. As these are often only found in selected pubs and clubs, it's also nice to finally find them available to buy online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smiths scampi fries, 2 Aug 2014
Mr. DJR. "DJR." (Greater Manchester U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
exactly the same as they where 20 years ago when I would purchase them in selected drinking holes (those places that are getting harder to find these days,{pubs}) its a crunchy wheat shell that tastes of scampi with a dash of lemon juice, they are still very moreish even these days.
they are still the best ones and you will be sorry if you purchase the cheaper versions,
(accept no copies!) ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars So much flavour, 9 Nov 2014
This review is from: Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24) (Grocery)
These crisps have soooo much flavour. So so good. I've rarely seen these in the shops. Would recommend.

Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24)