4.0 out of 5 stars Trousers not included!
Published on 14 Aug 2011 by J. SUTHERLAND

3.0 out of 5 stars No trousers?????
Published on 20 April 2012 by Peasant

4.0 out of 5 stars Trousers not included!, 14 Aug 2011
J. SUTHERLAND - See all my reviews
This review is from: Victorian Poor Boy Childrens Fancy Dress Costume School Book Week 33707 (Toy)
I bought this for my son who had Victorian Day at school. Luckily I had read other reviews warning the trousers are not included - take note! So I cut the bottoms of an old pair of school trousers as per the picture and job done. The hat is brown and the waist coat is navy blue, not made for multiple use, they are medium quality but we only needed them once and have passed them on to a friend's son for their Victorian Day.

3.0 out of 5 stars No trousers?????, 20 April 2012
Peasant (Deepest England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
What is the workhouse thinking of??? I have heard about the Cleveland Street scandal (look it up) but I was unaware Victorian peasant boys are being sent out with no trousers. Does Mr Gladstone know? Since Mr Trollope re-organised the Royal Mail, an increasing range of goods are available by post, but the sending out of provocatively unclad underage lads in a state of disgraceful undress is the very limit. I shall be writing to the Pall Mall Gazette for an immediate investigation. Although not an "expose", there's been too much of this already!

1.0 out of 5 stars Victorian fancy dress costume, 28 Nov 2011
I thought that this product was very misleading as from the picture of the boy wearing it on the front of the pacaging it appeared that the costume consisted of a hat, waistcoat and trousers. However you actually only got the hat and waistcoat. It did state on the packaging that only these two items were included, but this had to be searched for. I felt that the picture on the website was misleading as the boy is wearing fancy dress trousers if they were not included it would have been better to show the boy wearing his own trousers. The hat was suitable the waistcoat enormous despite the fact that I bought the correct size for my son. I would not purchase from this website again

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY POOR QUALITY - PICTURE IS MISLEADING, 18 Mar 2013
You only receive the hat and wasitcoat (VERY misleading picture). It was of very low quality (see-through, threads hanging off, velcro on waistcoat did not fasten and hat was too small for my 9 year old's head despite ordering largest size. VERY DISAPPOINTING. ITEM RETURNED.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 30 May 2014
Really poor quality, not at all authentic would not purchase from this company again. Son took costume before he got to school he thought it was that bad.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not value for money, 26 May 2014
Very misleading advert , this is not a outfit as the picture would seem , contains hat and waist coat !! Not value for money .

3.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere near as bad as the reviews would suggest, 9 May 2014
AllieM (North Essex) - See all my reviews
If you've read the product description properly and know that this is just a cap and waistcoat then, like me, you'll probably be quite satisfied. The material is standard fancy dress fabric, quite thin but adequate for a school dress up day or similar. The waistcoat is much better than I expected, reasonably well finished with Velcro closures and buttons just for show. I paid about 6-7 for this item and was pretty pleased, I would be less satisfied at the RRP. The sizes are quite generous as the small fits my tall 6 year old daughter perfectly well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Advert misleading, 26 April 2014
The outfit we received only contained a cap and waistcoat. On the packaging it stated only a cap and waistcoat were included, at odds with the advert.

The advert displayed as shown above is totally misleading, as it also includes a t-shirt and trousers as well. Very disappointed with the costume and we returned it!

2.0 out of 5 stars higher price not always the best deal., 14 Mar 2014
although it arrived on time, was not at all pleased with over all quality very poorly ,finished ,not worth paying the postage to
return it .,more annoyingly i could have bought the same item at half the price from another supplier .very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars not great, 28 Jan 2014
Dissapointed with this outfit picture includes trousers but when the outfit came there were no trousers so had to go out and buy them seperate

Smiffy's Victorian Poor Peasant (Medium)
8.55