on 1 March 2012
Product arrived next day, packaged professionally. I am calibrating my battery at the moment as per their instuctions for best performance and so far everything is great. After just one full charge and discharge I have got 6 hours of battery life, I need to do this a couple more times and hopefully everything will be ok. Great product at a fraction of the price of a Dell battery. Would recommend to anyone wanting or needing to replace their laptop battery.
on 14 July 2011
For the money, wasn't expecting much. The standard battery for my laptop was utter rubbish so anything would have been better. As it happens, the 9 cell i purhcased came packaged very professionally, and gave me confidence it was a quality product. It has outperformed my expectations, leaving me free to carry my charged laptop around all day, whereas before it needed charging every 30 minutes. Dells own 9 cell battery replacement is around 90 pounds, this does the job fantastically for a 3rd of the money. End of.
11 comment|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 September 2012
Bought to replace my Dell Inspiron 1545's battery, whose life after two years had decreased from 2 hours to 10 minutes.

Replacing the battery is easy: turn everything off, pull out the plug, turn the laptop upside down, and toggle the little switch to "unlock" the battery before sliding it out. The new battery then just slides in place, clicking in like a car seatbelt.

Being a 9-cell battery, it's bigger than the original 6-cell one, and so bulges out of the back, but in a way that has obviously been carefully designed. I now get an unprecedented 4-5 hours on a charge (with the screen at a moderate brightness). So far, just as good as the far more expensive "official" Dell batteries.

One oddity: Windows 7 would sometimes "warn" me that my battery was low, displaying a little exclamation mark, but at the same time showing (truthfully) that I had 90% and several hours left. Possibly a side-effect of this not being an official battery, but not intrusive.
on 8 September 2012
Beware this battery is not suitable for a Inspiron 1545 14.8v version, I ordered this as it says it's suitable for a 1545 which as I discovered it isn't
on 7 April 2012
Had my Dell laptop for almost 2 years and the Dell battery became unusable. Had a look on the Dell website for a replacement and saw that they were priced from about £65-£125, which is ridiculous. Came on here, and found one for under £20! Did wonder why it was so cheap, but there really is nothing wrong with this replacement battery! OK, there is a slight curved overhang off the back of the laptop now where the battery is a bit deeper, but the fact that it lasts a good 2 or 3x longer than the original Dell battery more than makes up for it!

Only seems to charge to 91% capacity, not sure why that is, but to give you a good idea, it's currently got 84% battery remaining and is saying it has 4hr 46min left in it, so that's more than enough for me, seeing as the original Dell battery usually gave me about 1hr 15min from full charge!

I'm using with a Dell Inspiron 1545.
on 2 January 2013
After nearly a year of using my Dell Inspiron 1545 permanently attached to the charger I can finally wander about without half a mile of cable dragging behind me and, when I finally stop walking, I can enjoy doing all sorts of things for around about 3 hours.

The battery fits nearly perfectly (but not anything to worry about) and does the job of a £100 official battery for a little over 15 quid.

Just remember to calibrate it properly. (There is an enclosed leaflet explaining how to do this, and better still it's not Chinglish!)

So far as postage in concerned I ordered this on the 29 of December (Saturday) and received it on the 2nd of January! Not even in the same year! Joking aside, 4 days at this time of year is incredibly good, especially since my estimated date was the 7th. The packaging was superb. It came in an Amazon cardboard enclosure, then in it's own sturdy cardboard box. Inside it was nestled in between two pieces of foam and inside an anti-static bag.

So out with the old and in with the new. Now I can afford to forget my charger and not worry one bit! Customer satisfaction achieved!

As a note, lots of people comment on how it sticks out the back a bit. Whilst this is true, this is to be expected of a 9 cell battery since the extra cells have to go somewhere!
on 13 December 2011
This battery was great while it worked, it lasted much longer than the original Dell one did. I was very happy with it until it packed up after a few weeks and will no longer accept a charge, rendering it useless. At the price I wouldn't have minded if had lasted a year or so but a few weeks is unacceptable it is obviously not fit for purpose. back to the drawing board to find a decent one.
on 19 September 2012
I purchased this item about 5 months ago along with a replacement charger for my Dell insipron 1545. I had the warning message saying that my original battery was 'reaching the end of it's usable life'. So I looked on the Dell website, and the prices for the batteries were EXTORTIONATE. So I looked here on amazon and came to the conclusion that it would be a better option to buy a cheap 9 cell battery, as although it may not last as long as the Dell one, at least it would mean that my laptop would not have to be constantly attatched to mains. I purchased this battery as it was one of the cheapest I could find, and the revies were pretty good. When I first used the battery the charge left was amazing, my laptop lasted a hell of a lot longer than before. I also noticed that there is a picece which juts out as the battery is bigger, this also happens with a genuine dell battery, as I'vbe seen it written in reveiws from the official dell website. However, I started to notice that the battery life remaining which was indicated by the laptop wasn't an accurate time estimate for the actual battery life remaining. I then started to notice that the remaining battery life was becoming lower and lower, and that the battery wasn't reaching 100% charge once I had charged the battery whilst the laptop was off. Now 5 months down the line I am increasingly close to where I was before I bought this battery, and its only a matter of time before I end up in exactly the same position. For the money I guess you can't really complain, but there was definately a rapid decrease in the amount of batery life left after a charge. Although I guess it's better suited to someone who isn't using their laptop for a number of hours every day, and as a student it's important to me to have a laptop to do assignments.
on 2 February 2012
When my old dell battery died I compared the price of batteries with the ones on the dell website. I was surprised at the price difference, and worried that this battery would be no good because it was so cheap. I WAS WRONG! Great product at a great price.
on 18 April 2012
Old Dell battery wasn't holding charge at all well. A replacement for this from Dell was very expensive and one trader offered to exchange my old battery plus cash for a reconditioned one; didn't fancy that. The replacement battery arrived very quickly, it is larger than the space in the chassis because it has extra cells to increase the power. This is good and does not affect looks/functionality at all. All seems well so far,the battery accepts and retains charge solidly, and at this price if it only lasts 18 months it will still be a bargain.