5.0 out of 5 stars Battery replacement for Dell Inspiron 1525
Published on 1 Mar 2012 by Sue

2.0 out of 5 stars Only lasted a few weeks
Published on 13 Dec 2011 by Janey

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery replacement for Dell Inspiron 1525, 1 Mar 2012
This review is from: GRS Battery for Dell Inspiron 1545 6600mAh,11.1V, Li-Ion Accu, Laptop batteries
Product arrived next day, packaged professionally. I am calibrating my battery at the moment as per their instuctions for best performance and so far everything is great. After just one full charge and discharge I have got 6 hours of battery life, I need to do this a couple more times and hopefully everything will be ok. Great product at a fraction of the price of a Dell battery. Would recommend to anyone wanting or needing to replace their laptop battery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Check your battery voltage before purchase, 8 Sep 2012
Beware this battery is not suitable for a Inspiron 1545 14.8v version, I ordered this as it says it's suitable for a 1545 which as I discovered it isn't

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Sep 2012
Bought to replace my Dell Inspiron 1545's battery, whose life after two years had decreased from 2 hours to 10 minutes.

Replacing the battery is easy: turn everything off, pull out the plug, turn the laptop upside down, and toggle the little switch to "unlock" the battery before sliding it out. The new battery then just slides in place, clicking in like a car seatbelt.

Being a 9-cell battery, it's bigger than the original 6-cell one, and so bulges out of the back, but in a way that has obviously been carefully designed. I now get an unprecedented 4-5 hours on a charge (with the screen at a moderate brightness). So far, just as good as the far more expensive "official" Dell batteries.

One oddity: Windows 7 would sometimes "warn" me that my battery was low, displaying a little exclamation mark, but at the same time showing (truthfully) that I had 90% and several hours left. Possibly a side-effect of this not being an official battery, but not intrusive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill buy, 14 July 2011
Alsatian1 (Coventry, UK) - See all my reviews
For the money, wasn't expecting much. The standard battery for my laptop was utter rubbish so anything would have been better. As it happens, the 9 cell i purhcased came packaged very professionally, and gave me confidence it was a quality product. It has outperformed my expectations, leaving me free to carry my charged laptop around all day, whereas before it needed charging every 30 minutes. Dells own 9 cell battery replacement is around 90 pounds, this does the job fantastically for a 3rd of the money. End of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original!, 7 April 2012
C. Davis "Carl" (Burton, England) - See all my reviews
Had my Dell laptop for almost 2 years and the Dell battery became unusable. Had a look on the Dell website for a replacement and saw that they were priced from about 65-125, which is ridiculous. Came on here, and found one for under 20! Did wonder why it was so cheap, but there really is nothing wrong with this replacement battery! OK, there is a slight curved overhang off the back of the laptop now where the battery is a bit deeper, but the fact that it lasts a good 2 or 3x longer than the original Dell battery more than makes up for it!

Only seems to charge to 91% capacity, not sure why that is, but to give you a good idea, it's currently got 84% battery remaining and is saying it has 4hr 46min left in it, so that's more than enough for me, seeing as the original Dell battery usually gave me about 1hr 15min from full charge!

I'm using with a Dell Inspiron 1545.

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 2 Feb 2012
When my old dell battery died I compared the price of batteries with the ones on the dell website. I was surprised at the price difference, and worried that this battery would be no good because it was so cheap. I WAS WRONG! Great product at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 11 July 2012
I bought this battery to replace the original one.
Battery fits well and 80% charged when received. After 2 full charge/discharge the battery last for up to 7 hours.
thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars ok, 25 Jun 2011
fast delivery - for one day faster, than promised! it's working without any probs! good condition. I have no complaints!

2.0 out of 5 stars Only lasted a few weeks, 13 Dec 2011
This battery was great while it worked, it lasted much longer than the original Dell one did. I was very happy with it until it packed up after a few weeks and will no longer accept a charge, rendering it useless. At the price I wouldn't have minded if had lasted a year or so but a few weeks is unacceptable it is obviously not fit for purpose. back to the drawing board to find a decent one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wire Free Again!, 2 Jan 2013
James (Marlborough, UK) - See all my reviews
After nearly a year of using my Dell Inspiron 1545 permanently attached to the charger I can finally wander about without half a mile of cable dragging behind me and, when I finally stop walking, I can enjoy doing all sorts of things for around about 3 hours.

The battery fits nearly perfectly (but not anything to worry about) and does the job of a 100 official battery for a little over 15 quid.

Just remember to calibrate it properly. (There is an enclosed leaflet explaining how to do this, and better still it's not Chinglish!)

So far as postage in concerned I ordered this on the 29 of December (Saturday) and received it on the 2nd of January! Not even in the same year! Joking aside, 4 days at this time of year is incredibly good, especially since my estimated date was the 7th. The packaging was superb. It came in an Amazon cardboard enclosure, then in it's own sturdy cardboard box. Inside it was nestled in between two pieces of foam and inside an anti-static bag.

So out with the old and in with the new. Now I can afford to forget my charger and not worry one bit! Customer satisfaction achieved!

As a note, lots of people comment on how it sticks out the back a bit. Whilst this is true, this is to be expected of a 9 cell battery since the extra cells have to go somewhere!