on 7 December 2012
As a Specialist teacher, I am well aware that encouraging boys to read is something that needs that extra little bit of focus. When my grandson mentioned that he'd had one of these books read to the class at school and had really enjoyed it, it was the only hint I needed to order the full set for his 11th birthday. Suddenly, he has gone back to reading at bedtime and the TV has gone off, perfect!
on 27 February 2012
This was a present for my 10 year old son. He had already read "Point Blanc" at school and was 'hooked'! He used to read when very little but had kind of lost interest recently. However these books had him lost in his imaginative world of reading for hours! Took the books with on holiday and he happily read away whilst the grown ups caught up with newspapers ( and other boring things like that!) Would definiteley recommend to boys 10 years and up (with a good reading ability).
on 28 January 2012
The Alex Rider series consists of; Stormbreaker, Point Blanc, Skeleton Key, Eagle Strike, Scorpia, Ark Angel, Snakehead, Crocodile Tears, and Scorpia Rising. The Alex Rider books are action-packed adventures. The series starts when Alex's uncle is mysteriously killed in a 'car accident'. Alex is pulled into his first mission as a spy-and it just gets better as the series progresses. My personal favorites are; crocodile tears- Alex gets caught up in a mysterious 'charity incident', and Scorpia Rising-the last book of the series. I think the Alex Rider books are perfect for the 9+ range. 10/10!!!
on 28 January 2014
Bought as a Christmas present for an avid reader age 10, he was delighted with this set and usually has his nose stuck in one when I visit. It is wonderful to see a youngster reading with such gusto, these books have captured his imagination, the were about half RRP so were a good buy.
on 29 October 2015
All 9 books are in perfect condition, matching artwork on each cover and well packaged. Delivery very quick. I am an adult reader of these books which are suitable for adults if, like me, you don't like bad language that a lot of books are full of. They are not without the suspense and action though that one wants from a spy story.
on 14 September 2015
My 9 year old son absolutely loves these books. They are a really good value for money and it's worth it to see my son so enthusiastic about reading books. He loved the young James Bond series so if your child liked those then they will surely love these ,
on 12 October 2011
Absolutely fantastic value. All nine books brand new, and in perfect conditon. Cannot praise highly enough for the value for money.
on 22 October 2015
Excellent series for boys and girls. I bought the series with my 2 nephews, age 10 & 12, in mind, but then my 9 year old daughter started reading one and proceeded to devour the whole series. Now she wants to see all of them on film.
I bought my set at a discount, but even at the RRP, it's still good value.
on 27 May 2016
My grandson was absolutely delighted with the set.
on 28 October 2013
Once my daughter (she was ten at the time) read the first of the Alex Rider set, she was completely hooked. She then read the complete set in a short space of time. In fact, as she was so keen on them, I started reading them too. My wife also read them all and we were not disappointed...

They are very action packed and impossible to put down. I have also heard many people say that these books have helped their kids get back into reading.