Size: 2GB (2x 1GB)|Change

on 5 July 2011
Everyone knows about computer memory right?

It's the stuff you really only notice when it's lacking somewhat.
It's the stuff that when you have a huge amount, many tasks become transparent and not a chore.

Hence this purchase from KomputerBay.

There are no frills with this - you don't get a full colour instruction pamphlet to guide you through the 'oh so difficult' process of getting the memory in.
The box is a basic clear plastic lid with a black plastic base that keeps the 2 strips of memory secure in transit - this little box I am assuming is static resistant (there are no stickers to indicate either way). All wrapped up in the standard corrugated cardboard envelope you get small stuff in from these guys...

So, how does it work?

Pretty well TBH - from the ten minutes it took me to remove said chips from their no frills packaging and put them in... it was not a challenging procedure at all (TBH it really shouldn't be)

The Memory check ran a full inspection on the chips, which passed with flying colours... no dodgy issues nothing. All 100% good.
So yeah - a compatible memory for my MSI motherboard arrived all safe and sound a about 1 day ahead of schedule.

Does exactly what it says on the tin - devoid of any crap you don't want (but usually get charged more for it anyway).

Simple - unfussy - functional

Good stuff all round
on 4 November 2011
What can I say? Delivery was timely and the product works perfectly.

This was purchased for my Mum's computer which was really struggling to work with 512Kb (0.5Gb) RAM. She was even contemplating buying a new machine for several hundred pounds. By looking at the task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) it was easy to spot that lack of memory was the real bottleneck for her PC. Replacing the memory with these two memory sticks transformed performance and gave the machine a new lease of life.

As I live away from my parents I had to talk my Dad through opening the PC, removing the old memory and inserting the new. If you knew my Dad you would appreciate this was quite a daunting task. It took a few goes to get it right (the machine beeps almost instantly when you switch it on if something fundamental isn't right such as the memory not being pushed in properly or the keyboard or mouse not being connected). But, eventually he did get it working okay and he was quite pleased with himself.

If your PC has limited memory, and if you have fairly basic computing needs, buying additional memory will almost certainly give your PC a new lease of life!
on 11 January 2013
This started by me remembering that my old desktop was slow and a pain to use with demanding software Cad etc. and that was why it was now not getting much use, so faced with having to do some CAD work I started pondering whether I should get a new motherboard etc. I first realized it had only got 2 gig of memory and that led to me thinking about a solidstate drive also. A quick browse of the amazon website soon satisfied both requirements, so here I am now with a perfectly usable desktop once again, following a couple of blue screens following the memory install (They seemed difficult to fit)I then fitted the solid state drive and Have not looked back, the new memory works perfectly well and has helped to give this desktop a new lease of life.
Although I am no stranger to PC builds, having not delved for quite a while I found myself operating quite cack handed (may have contributed to the Blue screens)Ithink a few tips/reminders on the pitfalls and best ways of installing RAM would not have gone amiss particularly for anyone totally new to this. otherwise good...
on 25 September 2013
I needed extra memory for one of my older desktop PC's and whilst there are many many names to buy from a seller called Komputerbay attracted my attention. Their price was competitive, quality of the memory looked good and I got a good feeling from the store.
The 2gB of memory (2 x 1gB) duly arrived,on time as stated, and well packed. Unfortunately, despite which slot it was placed, it didn't work with my particular motherboard and the first though was to return, however I decided to upgrade a slightly newer PC. Not only did it work as soon as inserted but on benchmarking it was shown to better spec than expected.
So all in all a pleasurable experience buying from Komputerbay. It just shows go with your gut feeling often unknowns can better the big names.
Oh and it turned out the old mainboard was faulty, nothing to do with the memory.Komputerbay 2GB (2x 1GB) 184 Pin DDR DIMM 400MHz PC3200 CL 3.0 Desktop Memory
on 27 September 2013
Bought 2x1GB DDR DIMM to upgrade an older PC running Windows XP. Having only 512MB memory it was becoming almost imposssible to load modern web pages. This Komputerbay upgrade has given my machine a new lease of life, the 2GB memory enabling the use of faster browser, etc. Easy to install and delivered promptly, I am delighted with the outcome.
on 29 December 2011
Having bought this to increase the speed of my computer and inserted both chips my computer would then not work properly.
I discovered that on of the pair was not working and once this one was removed and the old RAM reinserted my computer ran much more quickly.
As I could not return half a pack for replacement I was a little disappointed as I have paid out for 2gig of extra RAM and only have effectively 1gig extra that works.
Other than that (rather major problem) the RAM expansion works well and I would recommend them to anyone wanting to update their computer cheaply rather than replacing the whole thing much more expensively.

KOMPUTERBAY 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR DIMM (184 PIN) 400Mhz PC3200 CL 3.0 DESKTOP MEMORY
on 11 February 2015
These replaced a failing pair of 400Mhz modules ( constant crashes / freezes ) Reason for 1 star ,in the BIOS I could only manage setting 166 ( 332 )Mhz not the 200 (400) Mhz as sold .( not a huge difference in speed ) If I take them out to return them I would be left without a PC ! :(
They are OK at 332Mhz and were cheap .
on 22 September 2012
Memory chips arrived before time, packaging could have been better than just a plastic bag. Fitted chips easily but did not work. On further checking one set of chips worked perfectly bur other set did not. Chips returned for refund but postage costs for return not refunded. Will be very reluctant to use this company again.
on 14 November 2011
Both sticks of RAM were riddled with address errors when tested with Memtest. 24 faults to be precise. This led me to research KOMPUTERBAY on the wider internet. Something I wish I did before I bought thier product because the results were mostly terrible. Will NEVER buy this product ever again
on 20 April 2012
Excellent product at an exceptional price. Really speeded an elderly computer up. I would not hesitate to reccomend this desktop memory to anyone wishing to give an older pc a boost. Delivery was very fast. To sum up a super product at a super price.