5.0 out of 5 stars Extortionate Value for money! Great RAM upgrade
If I'm totally honest, the only reason i bought this in the first place was because I refused to pay over 3 times the price on other RAM of identical specifications from other makes. I fitted this to an Old Notino C7000 that has been my workhorse for a couple of years but needed a good perk-up.

At only 29GBP this is possibly the cheapest available 1GB ram chip...
Published on 5 Aug. 2010 by Mike Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars While it works its OK.... Good Amazon refund service
It worked fine, and gave the expectable considerable performance boost to my old IBM Thinkpad R50e (memory was raised from 2 x 256Mb to 1.25Gb).

Then, after about 16 weeks began getting "serious system error" and blue screens of death.

Published on 8 July 2011 by G. Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Extortionate Value for money! Great RAM upgrade, 5 Aug. 2010
This review is from: KOMPUTERBAY 1GB DDR SODIMM (200 pin) 333Mhz DDR333 PC2700 LAPTOP MEMORY (Accessory)

At only 29GBP this is possibly the cheapest available 1GB ram chip that I've found, and initially i was expecting to get some problems, or to find that it was labelled incorrectly, however - I was proved wrong.

Slotted straight into the RAM socket, no messing, Instantaneous results were noticeable, my computer booted faster (running XP pro), my programs load HEAPS faster, shutdown faster, and program tasks complete quicker than they did.

Couldn't ask for more, It works first time, noticeable improvements straight away. can't fault it. This has breathed an incredible amount of life into my laptop. So much so that i will be buying another stick of this to further improve things.

This product, for me at least, is a 'MUST BUY' item. Well worth the money

2.0 out of 5 stars While it works its OK.... Good Amazon refund service, 8 July 2011
G. Ward (England) - See all my reviews

The IBM diagnostics package, and swapping the old memory back in, proved a data mis-compare - ie corruption problem on this Komputerbay DIMM.

I guess I was unlucky - but it is generally true that things that are cheap are often not so well quality controlled, and perhaps the incidence of failure is higher on a cheap DIMM compared to one selling at a more standard price.

Amazon were very quick to offer me a refund. Good firm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for the Memory, 1 Mar. 2012
I have no problem in rating the delivery and the product five star! Not only was it delivered way ahead of expectation but the memory stick did indeed help me out of a difficult situation. I had requested pc 2700 and had been supplied pc 3200 but my laptop accepted the new memory without any qualms. I would definitely deal with the same company again. Fin

5.0 out of 5 stars KOMPUTERBAY Laptop Memory, 9 Mar. 2012
C. Wallis - See all my reviews
Needed an upgrade for my Dell Inspiron 8600 and found KOMPUTERBAY, at the time the best value around @ £20 for 1gb of pc2700,so decided to order 2GB (2x1GB) DDR SODIMM (200 pin) 333Mhz DDR333 PC2700, unfortunatly the older type memory is more expensive than new type as you can get 4GB of ddr3 for around the same price, all in all thought it better to upgrade the old laptop for my needs.
Swapped out the old 512mb pc3200 and put in the new and booted with no problems on windows XP sp3.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, well-made but incompatible with Acer TM4052LCi laptop, 25 Sept. 2012
R. Culpan (UK) - See all my reviews
Purchased two 1GB modules as upgrade for old Acer TravelMate TM4052LCi laptop. Arrived promptly, modules packed in clear anti-static plastic holders - can't fault the service there...

Modules seemed well made; PCB and components did not look cheap & nasty, fitted easily into the Acer laptop. But on trying to use it, despite on paper matching exactly with the lsptop's needs, the modules did not appear to work reliably...
1. Laptop did detect the modules OK and in BIOS setup showed correct memory size fitted.
2. But on boot-up and attempting to use it, the laptop was highly unstable; crashing or rebooting very frequently - sometimes failing to finish starting Windows before it crashed!

Tried the modules one at a time, and in either memory slot, also tried in conjunction with one of the old 256MB modules - no improvement.

So my conclusion was that the memory was probably not faulty, but that it was simply incompatible with the Acer TM4052LCi laptop - possibly because of its arrangement with 8 memory chips on each side of the PCB...

So, RMA raised - full marks to Amazon for their no-hassle returns procedure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price, beware of compatibility issues, 25 Sept. 2013
Short story: Bought 2x1GB modules for Toshiba Satellite A50, the laptop allowed only one to be installed successfully.

Long story: I ordered 2 modules each 1GB to upgrade my old Toshiba laptop because of their very good price.

Delivery and packaging was fine, and appropriate products were delivered.

Unfortunately when I tried to fit both modules in the 2 available memory slots, the laptop could not recognize full memory and the OS produced blue screen (Windows) or irrecoverable error (Linux). So I had to utilize only one of the modules alongside the original Toshiba 512MB memory module.

My understanding is that none of the modules was faulty as they both could be combined with the original Toshiba module. It was just that they could not be used at the same time, so it may be a compatibility issue when you are getting close to the maximum amount of allowable memory. The laptop has got a huge performance boost even with the modest upgrade, but it's a shame I could not use both modules I purchased to reach the laptop's memory ceiling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Notes About This Seller, 3 Nov. 2010
Bought this memory upgrade kit for my laptop & after installation the laptop failed to boot.
Rang Kompay to see if I could return the memory to them & obtain a refund, they e-mailed me a returns form & I mailed the memory back to them. A few days later they refunded me in full. So nice to deal with a company where you don't have too grovel to get your money back.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1GB DDR Memory, 12 Feb. 2011
Well worth purchasing. Placed my order on the Sunday night and recieved it Wednesday which was well within the estimated delivery time. So as you can guess that night I had the cover off the back of my laptop removed the old memory and installed the new. Switched On and booted up alot quicker than previously. Has transformed my laptop.

4.0 out of 5 stars RAM worked great; prompt arrival; value, 12 Dec. 2011
Conn Clissmann "ConnDublin" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I needed RAM for an older Dell Latitude laptop that still works well but was tight on RAM. I ordered this item form KOMPUTERBAY via Amazon.co.uk and it arrived promptly. On insertion in the Dell, it worked a charm and the PC is much the better for it. There are only a few sources of DDR333 / PC2700 ram available these days, so nice to see KOMPUTERBAY still keep a stock at sensible prices for those of us keeping our PCs going.

I have also purchased (modern) DDR3 RAM from KOMPUTERBAY and it also has worked out fine.

Finally, I have withheld one star for the lack of a clear VAT invoice to accompany the goods - my accounts people hound me for this and the page I can re-print from Amazon (through whom I purchase the goods) states "This is not a VAT invoice". This will not impact most people, but it is something they should sort out between them (Amazon and KOMPUTERBAY) ASAP.

Product: A1 - Delivery: A1 - Service: A2 - no clear VAT invoice. Recommended as a supplier.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for my Packard Bell EasyNote laptop, 7 May 2012
The technical specs were exactly the same as the memory modules on my computer, but unfortunately they didn't work... I put these in and nothing happened, the laptop didn't like these modules at all. Maybe it was that the motherboard had already maximum amount of RAM installed (1 gig) or it's just very picky about the type and brand of DIMMs. I thought that this package would be a cheap and easy way to double the memory on my old laptop, but I was proven wrong... I don't know if they take these back or not and who's going to pay the shipping expenses from Finland. (that would be me, I guess) I think that the modules were all right, just weren't compatible with this particular laptop I happen to have here. So I can't blame the company for that, my advice for you is to order these only if you surely know that these will work on your laptop. I hope I find some use for these, maybe for icescrapers for my car windows on next winter if nothing else. =)