5.0 out of 5 stars Whose in control again? Oh, that'll be you!
Published on 1 April 2012 by N. J. H.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars
After hours of gameplay I realised EA had come up with great ideas to further your sims careers. Instead of sitting at a house view of your sims you can now follow them to work and depending on what career you choose you can follow them into the building also.

Published on 10 Jun 2010 by Rebecca

5.0 out of 5 stars Whose in control again? Oh, that'll be you!, 1 April 2012
N. J. H. (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
The great thing about the Sims has always been that you control somebody else and you can be as reserved or as adventurous as you want with their lives. However, there's always been a bit of a big BUT when it comes to the Sims. What's that then? Well are we ever really in control of EVERYTHING? The answer is no. Up until this point we've been unable to actually see past the front doors of the building of the place our Sims head off to work. Not anymore!!

Now the Sims has finally taken off. With the addition of a bunch of new careers (now called professions) including ghost hunters, firefighters, doctors, private investigators, stylists and architects we are able to control exactly what our Sims get up to at work. Now this works just the same as any other job in that we send our Sim off to work at the designated time, they can earn promotions and progress to the top of their field. The main difference is, now when we send our firefighter, lets say, to work we get to control almost everything. They get to work and can work on their fitness whilst waiting for an emergency, or we can get them to build relationships with their co-workers by the standard interaction instead of choosing "build relationships" on the drop-down menu we're all so used to.

On the main map we can now see where our professional is needed. If we're a ghost hunter, an icon will appear above a venue telling us that we're needed. We then click on the menu and can begin getting rid of those pesky ghost using our fancy new gadgets - or we can be rebellious and leave the ghosts to haunt the neighbours anyway. Similarly, what you get up to whilst you work doesn't always have to be productive. The architect may go off to access their customers home and personality in order to re-design their house but whilst inspecting a thing or two might slip into their pockets. That's right, our workers are sometimes a bit dodgy if we so wish.

A great aspect of the game is the ability to work for yourself. No more do you have to have a typical day to day job. You can be a fisherman, a gardener, a writer and a tattooist and all of these self-employed professions still have promotions but you can work at your own pace.

So what are the pitfalls in this new expansion? I can't really find any. I love the new careers, there are so many new outfits, interactions, lifetime wishes and the introduction of a bunch of new work related items such as the architects drafting table or the stylists makeover booth (all of which can be upgraded by handy Sims to make them even more productive). For once, I can't fault EA, they've even seemed to fix some of the major glitches the other packs were giving me.

5.0 out of 5 stars I never knew going to work could be this much fun!, 7 Jun 2010
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I love this latest expansion pack,the new town twinbrook looks very realistic and the fog and swampy areas are a really nice touch as it gives the place a mysterious creepy feel which has never been done in the sims before,i like the new laundry option even though i wasnt sure about it before and visiting the laundromat to socialise while i wash my clothes,all the new careers are awesome and take many hours of fun play to reach level 10 with many hilarious adventures along the way,the new simbots are adorable and alot of fun to control and play with and being able to decorate your sims with tattoos is wicked,overall this is a great pack that has really spiced up my game with alot more things to do and it is way better than world adventures in my opinion even though that pack was ok for a few weeks,this one will keep me entertained for alot longer!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sims 3 Ambitions... Another Hit :), 12 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Once again, another Sims 3 hit :)

It was simple to install and worked smoothly on my computer. I must comment that it does take quite a while to load but then, doesn't everything now-a-days!

There are a few new hairstyles, clothes, furniture and shops (including the new option to have laudry which works well.) Your sims can have a large variety of new jobs, such as a fireman, ghost hunter and architect. I personally love these new jobs as you can actually got to work with them and chose exactly what they do at work. However, I was disappointed when I realsied you cannot go inside your sim's work building if your sim has a career that is not one of the new 'Ambitions' careeres.

Overall, I really enjoy this game and is a fabulous buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware that you may waste an entire day playing this..., 6 Jun 2010
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I couldnt wait to get this and since it has arrived have played it almost non stop. Ive had no problems with crashing at all and it saves fine. Theres a few new haircuts, but no extra clothes other than uniforms for the jobs. A few extra house decorations but not many. However been able to play the sims whilst they are at work is great, the only downside is that if you have two sims with jobs it seems difficult to be able to give them both equal attention. You can now also sculpt things which is good. Overall I'm glad I bought this game, just need to put a timer on to stop the hours passing by too quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas gift, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Fantastic game my daughter can not put it down. It adds much more interest and she can't wait till it snows.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Expansion Pack, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This is a great expansion pack, adds a lot to the game and is overall very fun to play! Adds lots to the game, like
#jobs include. Firefighting, hairdressing, inventing, architecture and self-employed.
#adds new landmarks like laundretts and scrap piles
#adds a new country
#adds new things to be able to buy in buy mode
#certain jobs allow you to be able to control them, like fire fighting you can choose how they spend their day.
cons...
#some jobs were very hard to be successful in like architecture
Overall, yes I would recommend this game

5.0 out of 5 stars Turned Sims 3 into a whole new game!, 22 April 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
There's something for everyone with this expansion, with all Sims games, I really like just messing around with building houses and decorating - and if you decide to be an interior designer with 'Ambitions' you get to do it all the time! There are loads of different options and add-ons and it really put a whole new element of fun into TS3. Complemented World Adventures really well too.

Would recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Longlasting, 13 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I'll be frank about it. Its a great addition to a great game. The variety of professions is more than enough to keep you going, and each has its own fun and interesting differences from the rest. The only thing I did find annoying was just how intrusive the careers are in gameplay - for example, if you want your sim to sign up to one, you really have to put things like having a family on hold, lest you be overwhelmed with the amount you have to do. Also, I'd like to see some more new objects in future EPs, but the huge swathe of new Miscellaneous Décor was more than welcome - it adds that final realistic touch.

4/5 - Brilliant Expansion :)

5.0 out of 5 stars sims ad on, 2 Aug 2010
S. I. Rotton "sarah" (west mids) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
i really enjoy this game....doent take all your time up so you can get on with the rest of your game...unlike the sims 2 version ...had no probs with loading or crashing and i have window 7...

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars, 10 Jun 2010
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)

In these career professions you can also take the 'evil' side by stealing things from the sims houses that you're meant to be helping. Or leaving sims trapped or on fire.

However good these perks may be though, there are always downlfalls. Game play with one sim starts off amazing but tires quickly when you cannot have more than one sim on your lot with the new professions provided. I tried bringing up a new born baby with two parent sims. One of my parent sims was a fire fighter and unless you are constantly there with them when they're on a call out, they start up conversations, take showers, watch tv or just come home. I personally find this a BIG FAULT. I and others I have spoken to have found this almost impossible to have a normal family sim life with these new careers.

As for the new 'stuff' they include, there's not much, a few odd bit's of furniture. A few new changes off clothes and maybe a few new hairstyles. Is it worth the money?? I would say.... No.. But maybe if it was closer to 15 pounds rather than 25, then yes.

But I'll let you be the judge of it.. All I'd say is that they NEED to bring out Pet's again! (I'd rather save my money for that expansion pack instead)

ARRAY(0xa548b9cc)

The Sims 3: Ambitions (PC/Mac DVD)
The Sims 3: Ambitions (PC/Mac DVD) by Electronic Arts (Mac OS X, Windows Vista / XP)
12.85