5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-rounder!
Published on 30 Mar. 2011 by SianB-P

3.0 out of 5 stars not as great as i hoped
The chair is easy to put together and i LOVED that there were no straps to clean. However, it is small. I'm not sure if i'll get more than 1 year out of it for my now 6 month old.

Published on 27 Nov. 2012 by sarah

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-rounder!, 30 Mar. 2011
This review is from: BabyBjorn Highchair (White) (Baby Product)
We searched long and hard for high chairs and I'm so pleased with the Appetite! My daughter loves it- the ergonomic moulded seat is obviously comfortable and the table-brace is so much better than a harness as she hates being strapped into anything. She can use her arms freely as there are no straps holding them back and she loves to play with her toys on the tray (as well as dropping them onto the floor!). I am home alone with her all day and find it so easy to pop her in and take her out as the mechanism works with one hand. As she is 6 months, she's rolling and squirming everywhere and I find it such a relief when I can sit her in it if the doorbell or phone goes and know that she is secure, safe and content. A must-have for parents! We wouldn't be without it! A***

3.0 out of 5 stars not as great as i hoped, 27 Nov. 2012
This review is from: BabyBjorn Highchair (White) (Baby Product)

My biggest complaint which I didn't think of prior to purchase was that the tray does not have any rims on it so food constantly goes on the floor. The tray needs rims to keep things on the tray! My little guy is just learning to put food in his mouth and everything just slides over the edge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down - the BEST highchair you can buy., 5 Jan. 2015
PaleBlueDot - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: BabyBjorn Highchair (White) (Baby Product)
After having this a year I thought I'd come back and say how THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST HIGHCHAIR AVAILABLE. DO NOT HESITATE TO BUY THIS!

To justify that, I've seen countless highchairs since baby was born a year ago - friends, people from our anti-natal group, various restaurants, etc. Even the best of those is terrible compared to this highchair. Everyone that has seen it in use agrees and wishes they'd purchased one too.

So why is it better than every other highchair I've seen?

Putting baby in: It takes 2 seconds. You just sit the baby on the seat and lift up the table part. That's it. The curved table fits comfortably around baby holding baby him/her in place. This is far better than having to find soggy mouldy mildewy straps, buried deep in the damp crevices of a cushioned high chair, and fiddling with up to 5 strap clips and associated adjustments, leaving your baby uncomfortably strapped into place.

Taking baby out: It takes 2 seconds. You press a big button on a big rotating knob underneath the table (too big for a little hand to grasp and turn, but easy for an adult) and rotate it. The table falls away. You pick baby up. Done. Compare this to having to remove a clumsy tray from a clunky mechanism, finding up to 5 clips to undo, sliding straps off shoulders and tugging arms out awkwardly, etc.

Cleaning: You take the tray off and put in the dishwasher or rinse under a tap. Because it fits snugly around your baby food tends not to drop down onto the seat. But if it does, it's very quick to wipe the hard plastic seat. That's it. Done. Compare this to highchairs with rectangular slots for the baby which do not prevent food being dropped onto the seat at all, and having to dig into the horrible stinky folds and crevices, full of black mould and lumps of food, that accumulates between the cushions on cushioned highchairs, or the permanently damp absorbent materials (e.g. straps) that never dry out and just smell rotten all the time.

Folding/storage: It folds up to almost nothing. You could easily take this with you on holiday (and indeed we have because it's SO much better than any you're going to have provided). Just put it in your boot or on the back seat and throw bags on top of it. Compare this to the really bulky high chairs you typically see that would just never fit in a boot.

Adjustment: There is just one and that's ALL you need - you can slide the table/tray part back and forward a few centimetres. This allows for a 3 month old (which is when our baby started watching us eat at the table) to a 3 year old. Adjustment takes 2 seconds - press a button and slide it. Release to secure. Compare this to other highchairs where you have to fiddle with 5 different strap lengths, press hard metal spring-pins and try to align them to holes (big enough for little fingers to enter), tray heights, foot rest heights, etc, that take forever to adjust and inevitably end up uncomfortable. You just do not need these adjustments with this highchair - it works brilliantly across its age range.

Build quality: This thing is rock solid. I've tripped over it and dropped it down the stairs. I've stood on the tray once and all is fine. I've bumped gently in to other highchairs and bits have fallen off them.

Safety: There are no sharp edges and no hinges or gaps or holes with sharp edges to sever off little fingers. All of the safety mechanisms are really solid and product loud audible clicks when they engage, which fill you with confidence. They're impossible for a child to undo, yet very easy for an adult to operate. They're quick and simple to use too. Compare this to other highchairs where there are sharp metal edges, straps to get tangled/throttled in, folding mechanisms that are dangerous to little fingers, complicated mechanisms that leave you unsure if they've been adjusted properly, and can be operated by the child while sat in the seat, while being difficult and fiddly for adults to operate.

Time: Seating/unseating baby takes 2 seconds, cleaning typically involves unclipping the tray and dropping it in the dishwasher or rinsing under the tap, folding/storing takes 2 seconds. Ending a meal and cleaning takes 10 to 15 seconds in total. I would expect to spend at least 5 minutes cleaning any other high chair.

Sure - this is expensive, but it's absolutely worth every penny due to the time and stress it saves. Believe me, these two things become VERY important when you have a baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Highchair for All Seasons (i.e. it's ace), 3 Sept. 2012
Andrew Sutherland "Sutho" (Surrey outposts) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Much like the iconic BABYBJÖRN carrier or their equally hip travel cots, the superior design and build quality of the BABYBJÖRN highchair ultimately vindicates the eye-watering upfront cost. £130 is quite a lot of money to us and we were slightly hesitant given the surfeit of cheaper options out there but, based on previous experience their kit just 'works' in such a way that you can't put a price on... and so it proves here. Having fed our little fella in this and various lesser chairs when out or at relatives', I can honestly say this is hands-down THE highchair to get if you're in the market. We use this bad boy thrice daily, every day, and it's a winner. First off, it's super-easy to clean, which is a key concern given the carnage of mealtimes ... there's no wood or fabric or superfluous nooks and crannies for food to get trapped in. The whole thing is (ultra sturdy) plastic and steel, wiped clean in seconds plus the tray detaches and goes in the dishwasher. 30 secs to clean, tops. Second, it's solid, sturdy and safe - the tray itself secures the baby in place so that they cannot get up, there's no clips or harness or anything like that. The hip design is an added bonus. Unreservedly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent high chair, 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: BabyBjorn Highchair (White) (Baby Product)
I would recommend this product to anyone. Really sturdy chair, easy to move around or take with you. No reins required which is a big bonus. My grandson loves it and never wants to come out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice to use and SO much easier to clean than ..., 30 Jun. 2014
This review is from: BabyBjorn Highchair (White) (Baby Product)
It's safe, nice to use and SO much easier to clean than the traditional type! I bought a standard one for my first child (cost £45) and spent an incredible amount of time cleaning it every day. I decided to splash out and get this for my 2nd child and it was well worth the extra money. It's clean in no time :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent design, 17 Jan. 2011
This review is from: BabyBjorn Highchair (White) (Baby Product)
I'm really pleased with the Appetite - my 4 month old daughter sits up straight in it, she is securely held in by the tray and it is easy to put her in the chair and take her out.

Looks wise, it looks good (and more importantly inconspicuous) in our predominantly wooden kitchen.

I am a real stickler for cleaning and the Appetite scores highly here - the detachable tray and the chair itself are easy to wipe down, with no nooks and crannies for food to drop into.

The only negative is that the legs are not height adjustable - the chair doesn't quite reach our kitchen table so when my daughter gets older and bigger, we will probably have to think of another way for her to sit at the table at the same height as us.

Otherwise, an excellent product and well designed,especially given the lack of harness.

5.0 out of 5 stars 18months on - still a great buy, 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: BabyBjorn Highchair (White) (Baby Product)
We have used this high chair now for 18months & it is one of our best buys. It is still spotlessly clean, with no fabric straps to harbour stains. This was so comfortable from very early feeding and our son has always sat in it happily. As with all BabyBjorn, worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars satisfied customer, 13 Dec. 2012
I bought this product for my grandson we are more than satisfied with this item it is so easy to use and perfect to wipe clean

5.0 out of 5 stars babybjorn highchair, 4 Dec. 2012
This review is from: BabyBjorn Highchair (White) (Baby Product)
easy to use with practice. easy to keep clean and very safe, although when folded needs to be against something on both sides as slips on laminate flooring.

BabyBjorn Highchair (White)