5.0 out of 5 stars INSANE!
(I'm a guy using his mum's account)

Love this mouse so much!

It's quite chunky which will take a bit of getting use to but the build quality is great. The weights don't seem to make much of a difference if I'm honest but it's the programmable buttons that do it for me.

The editor is amazing. There a some set commands which you can assign...
Published on 25 Oct 2010 by Mrs. Beverley Banks

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price.
This mouse was purchased to replace a logitech m400 which had developed missclicking wheel after 3 years of use, I've used the sharkoon for 2 years now, and logged about 2000 hours of time on assorted games in steam as well as countless hours in eve online. I payed less then 20 quid (15 I think)

For starters it looks pretty good with a rather fetching braided...
Published 3 months ago by R. Gridley

5.0 out of 5 stars INSANE!, 25 Oct 2010
Mrs. Beverley Banks (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse - Black (Electronics)
(I'm a guy using his mum's account)

Love this mouse so much!

The editor is amazing. There a some set commands which you can assign but if it's not in the list it doesn't matter! With the Macro Editor you can do literally anything! There are actually 16 extra buttons which can be assigned. You press the button you have put it to and then move the mouse in one of the eight directions and a command you have given it will execute.

Even if I had £60 to shred on a mouse I would get this one. The price is just insane for what it can do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmm..., 4 Dec 2011
This review is from: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse - Black (Electronics)
So I ordered this mouse along with the SteelSeries Surface QcK (PC) after spending too long gaming with a crappy 3-button mouse with a neoprene laptop case as a mousepad. Honestly, I'm so happy with the upgrade!
I admit that at first I was reticent to buying it because it was so cheap in comparison to other good gaming mice I'd seen, but after a while of trawling through the reviews I decided to choose it over the pricier mice. It arrived swiftly and well packaged as I expected.
The actual packaging was a tad over the top, but I know that's often the case with mice. There's not much inside the actual packaging, which is quite nice. Instead of getting tons of manuals and things you'll never read or use it's just simply the mouse in the box, with a nice carry bag. Inside the bag there are spare mouse feet and a driver installation disk (BEWARE: The installation disk is miniDVD disk, which will only work with tray disk-drives).

As for the actual mouse, I'm astonished at the quality. The build is comprised of several panels of matte plastic, which feel incredibly sturdy together. Not once have i felt any sort of flex from the plastic, it's really quite strong. Along the thumb-side (left) of the mouse, there's a textured rubber panel for extra grip with your thumb. just above that are two extra buttons; these can be configured to, for example: forward and backward on an internet browser. The button closest has a dotted texture whilst the other is smooth, for easy (and eyes-free) establishment whilst you're gaming. The middle of the mouse holds 3 buttons; a scroll wheel, DPI adjust and an extra, much smaller button. These are very easy to locate without needing to look and are also very good quality. The scroll wheel has horizontal lines in it for grip and is really nice to use, it doesn't move around at all in ways which it shouldn't as well. The DPI (sensitivity) is measured by colour; an unlit button represents the lowest sensitivity, whilst a green and lighter green combo represents the highest sensitivity (which is ridiculously high). There's a really good range of sensitivities for any gamer, it's good for switching in-game and is easy to navigate. The extra button in the middle is a great little feature. It's designed to be used with your left finger and is set to triple any click by default (in game, this would result in, say, 3 shots from a gun instead of 1). It's great for assigning to a very necessary control that needs to be pulled off quickly. The actual left and right mouse buttons are huge and really nice to use. They have ridges on the sides to stop you from going off the edge and can be clicked from literally any space on the buttons. Every button is super responsive and has a really satisfying click to it, they're also all really good quality.

The mouse feet ensure really smooth movement and the whole thing fits my medium-large hand well without me feeling uncomfortable using it. The cable is a very nice length and of good quality. Also, having weights is great, I'm able to fine tune the weight of my mouse depending on what I'm playing and how I'll be playing it. There are 7 pieces with a thin rubber ring around each of them. They fit into a sort of "revolver cylinder" shaped thing very snugly and securely. They then fit into the base of the mouse and are secured with the base plate. The difference between having a full cylinder as opposed to not having one is substantial, this allows for some good fine tuning! The maximum added weight is 19.5 grams, that's about 2.8 grams per weight.

As for the actual gaming experience, you won't be let down. I've played a lot with this mouse since I've received it, and also, I've done a lot of basic day-to-day things with it. I've played some online FPS games; Counter Strike: Source, Team Fortress 2 and Day of Defeat: Source and I've loved it! There's a massive difference having a smooth mouse with an awesome DPI and really sensitive buttons compared to a clunky old logitech from the 90s. I've been using all of the buttons to their full extent, assigning them to different controls to make my gaming more fluid. Also, being able to change the sensitivity throughout a game is really helpful, it's great for adjusting to different situations if needs be. I've also not had any sort of cramp with this mouse, it's really ergonomically designed to the extent that I actually haven't felt any pain after playing, even for really long periods of time. I think the longest I'd clocked with this mouse at once was about 3-4 hours, sure I needed to stretch after it but there was no pain in the long term! Also, I've been using it for daily browsing of the internet and normal consumer use, it's great in that field and is a joy to use. Even though there aren't any particularly fancy features it does it's job brilliantly

Overall I would really recommend this mouse, a great addition to my setup and will have so much use in it's time. I really can't see myself needing to upgrade until it breaks because it's such good quality and is so simple. I think 7 buttons is more than one would need for gaming (and especially general use).

So go on, get off the fence and buy this mouse already! You won't be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and tactile budget gaming mouse, 23 Mar 2011
This review is from: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse - Black (Electronics)
There will probably be some skepticism in this mouse for a lot of people; myself included initially. It seems to be less than half the price of the 'reputable' gaming mice brands (Logitech, Razer etc.). I bought it on the risk that it's a lot cheaper, but that I might be settling for something that wasn't much better than I was using before (a generic laser mouse). The reviews seemed solid on here and around the net, so I took the gamble. So far, I'm glad I did.

Performance-wise: The mouse is a perfect size and fit for me (I have long fingers, so this mouse might not perform as well for smaller-handed gamers). The maximum weight seemed right for me, and I haven't yet bothered tweaking the weights or anything (it's a comfortable weight, making it feel solid and heavy enough that the slightest shudder won't make you miss a shot in your favourite first-person shooter, but also light enough that you can move it without it becoming cumbersome). All the buttons are fairly easily in reach and feel well made, and there's a tactile satisfaction to the feel of them during use. This mouse favours a claw-grip/palm grip style of use (I use a claw-grip, and it feels pretty natural).

Modularity: The DPI button allows quick switching of a set of configurable preset DPI values from 600 to 3,600. As well as allowing setups to switch between general use and specialist sniping needs efficiently, the button glows a chosen colour on different DPI values making it easy to determine the setting (plus it looks nice). Each button except the left mouse button can be freely configured. They can be set up to represent any keyboard key, multimedia hotkey function, clipboard shortcut (i.e. copy/paste etc.), and most interestingly of all, a macro editor that allows you to script a complex sequence of actions to a single button press. I've tried it only on basic things, like setting a button up to perform a ctrl+alt+p hold and release function to act as a play/pause button for Winamp's global hotkeys. This seems to be only scratching the surface though, and it seems almost unnecessarily in-depth. There is also a '16-in-one mouse gestures' option, which allows the combination of a button hold and mouse movement direction to act as 1 of 16 different useful functions, from zooming in to scrolling etc. This idea interested me, but in practice I was a bit disappointed by the tediousness of putting these gestures into action and have given up on this function.

Aesthetics: I like the futuristic look of this mouse, from the glowing DPI button to the grating-style grip. Most importantly I like the minimalism in this version of the mouse. There is a version with flame graphics that, to me looks very tacky, like a kid's car toy or something; but for anyone interested it can be found here: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse.

Cons: For all the praises of the software there is some glitchiness to it sometimes, as loading the configurations to the mouses in-built memory can seem to not register sometimes, or the software will crash when attempting read/write operations. The 500hz polling rate is good, but comparatively less than say the Razer Deathadder's 1000hz. This just means how often the mouse reports values to the computer, and whilst I honestly don't notice any difference, maybe gaming veterans would argue that 1000hz polling gets them that bit more accuracy. As with most products I've read a few cases of failed units, though as this is a problem with most products it's hardly a con; though something to consider anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the gamer and large desktop user, 3 Aug 2012
This review is from: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse - Black (Electronics)
After being quite unimpressed at the 3 years I got out of my Razer diamondback mouse before it died (as well as the surface peeling off) I decided to go for this mouse. The reasons being it appeared to have good features for a brilliant price.

So 2 months in, the mouse performs as well as I hoped. I took all the weights out (a gimmick in my opinion) and use it on it the highest dpi with the sensitivity set to the default in Windows (slider in the middle). The jump up from 1800dpi was a little tricky at first but now I'm darting between my two 1920x1080 monitors with ease and comfort. It's nice and light and the buttons and scroll wheel work as well as you can expect (I really don't know what I can say about them!). The cable is nice and doesn't really snag on things too easily as it's braided fabric stuff. It also came with a nice pouch to carry it in. As the the build quality, it seems pretty reasonable and probably won't fall apart anytime soon.

As for gaming, I find that this mouse performs really well on my Razer mousemat. I enjoy the games and really don't notice any problems with the mouse, just as you want. I was also pleasantly surprised at its performance when I gave it a try with osu! (clicking targets in time with music) although I did find 3600 DPI too much for this but this is the kind of scenario where the button on the mouse to toggle the DPI comes into play (you can adjust how this works with the supplied software as well as macros and bindings for other buttons that I haven't felt the need to use yet).

Now for a little niggle. The left side of the mouse and the scroll wheel are a rubbery material with grooves and this obviously intended to improve grip which it certainly does. The downside is they collect dirt easily and it can be a little difficult to clean. It's a case of picking the dirt out with something rather than a simple wipe over. Yes, this the only "bad" thing I can really say...

So, if you're looking for something that's not too expensive and does the job pretty well, I think you certainly should consider this mouse. Also, this is my first attempt at reviewing a product so I'm happy to receive constructive criticism.

Edit: 20 months of daily use later, still as good as the day I got it. The cable has started fray ever so slightly but it's barely noticeable and certainly doesn't affect operation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nearly By Rob, 15 Mar 2011
This review is from: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse - Black (Electronics)
This mouse is very nearly perfect, I would have rated it five stars but for the scrollwheel the wheel is way to soft and not enough of a posative click when scrolling to change weapons it is very easy to pass the next indentaion in the wheel which you end up not selecting the weapon that you want. the shape is just right and you dont suffer from wrist strain even after 4 hours of gaming. The mouse has a tactile feel to the body and the thumb rest is of grip rubber no slips here. If only mouse manufactures would take the hint and put good quality wheels on this mouse it would win over a lot more expensive mice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mouse for its price (review after 1 month and 2 weeks of use) (lasted 2 years and 4 months), 9 Jun 2012
NVR (Bucks, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse - Black (Electronics)
tl;dr: Good mouse, has a little manufacturing kink, big range of DPI settings, weights are optional, and if you wish to use on Linux, maintain access to Windows for config purposes. Also, after nearly two years of use (it still works!) the rubbery coating on the large back surface has started to peel off and disintegrate. Mouse lasted 2 years and 4 months before giving erroneous clicks, bought a new one of the same model.

This mouse feels good to use - and fits my hand well. I bought it because my previous mouse started having problems. The left mouse button started registering false double-clicks.

This mouse does not have a merged body (the buttons are not merged with the back of the body) so I think it will last a little longer. I can see that the mouse isn't really well made, the strip of plastic (made from a different kind of plastic than the rest of the mouse) between the buttons of the mouse and the back part of the body is lifted as if the strip is too big, or it expanded in sunlight, or quality control missed something out. There is a significant difference in height between the back of the body and this strip.
However, the DPI setting is extremely convenient and has a wide range which can be adjusted by the mouse's configuration software.

One small ergonomic kink is that the two small leftmost buttons are a little high to reach. But unlike other mice of the same class, you can feel the difference between the two (the back one has a pattern on it).

The mouse also has weights on it, which can be adjusted by the use of a pen and some intuition. The weights aren't very heavy, so if you are looking for something more professional with very heavy weights, this may not be for you. But the weights currently in the mouse makes it feel very smooth and 'under control' while gaming.

If you wish to use this mouse on Linux, there is currently no software for configuring the mouse's buttons. You will need to have access to at least one Windows (Vista or later, I would think) system in order to configure it. The mouse has an internal memory, and it remembers its settings when you use it on Linux. If anyone has the guts to make Linux software for configuring this mouse, that would be awesome.

edit2: Also, after nearly two years of use (it still works!) the rubbery coating on the large back surface has started to peel off and disintegrate. This falls in line with the assumption that the manufacturing quality of the plastic case is poor, the coating on the mouse buttons are not coming off in the same way.

edit3: After 2 years and 4 months of moderate use (heavy usage in comparison to most end users, though), the buttons were registering single clicks twice. This could have been fixed by buying and soldering on new microswitches, but I opted to simply buy a new mouse of the same model because of the effort and delivery costs that would take and the rubber coating coming off (as mentioned in the last edit). The new mouse didn't come with the manufacturing defects of the previous one. RSI has also not been a problem again throughout my use, so I removed the section about RSI in my original review as I now see it as completely irrelevant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best budget gaming mouse i could find, 27 July 2012
This review is from: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse - Black (Electronics)
The fireglider is an great budget gaming mouse, im talking about it being better than some mouses that cost 40£ or more.

I wasn't sure first because the price, i thought it would be another "cheap" mouse but once the package arrived, i was surprised.

The building quality is great, doesn't feel cheap at all, the performance too, the dpi change on the go and the extra buttons are perfect not only for gaming but for any program that you use often.

The weight system is really important because it helps with the mouse precision at high dpi.

The wire is protected with some kind of fabric that helps with the overall look.

The only downsides that i can think is the odd placement of the extra buttons and the size of the mouse it self:

It it a pretty big mouse, i think it is slightly bigger than my old Logitech mx performance.

That's great for people with big/long hands like me, but some of my friends felt uncomfortable while using it...
Of course, they also have small hands so that shouldn't be a problem for most users.

Still, i would advice it to almost everyone.

In the end, if you have a limited budget, this mouse is the best option for you.

P.S sorry for the grammar

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mouse I've ever had, 16 Aug 2012
This review is from: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse - Black (Electronics)
My previous 2 mice were Razer products I spent over £100 on then, the first never worked properly and the second broke within a year. This mouse feels far better has great buttons and cord hopefully it lasts longer than expensive imitations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and Stylish, 28 Jan 2012
Andrew Mackenzie (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse - Black (Electronics)
For the price, I didn't expect too much from this little mouse, but like most of the other reviewers I was pleasantly surprised by both the build quality and sheer high-level performance it offered. I found it perfectly shaped and weighty upon it's arrival so I had no need for the adjustable internal weights but it's nice to have the option. The DPI settings can be switched between several easily pre-programmable profiles through the click of a button.
Although the smoother and more reliable mouse action has been a refreshing and welcome change for myself ( this being the first gaming mouse I've purchased), I didn't really need the top level performance, as I only really play old school RTS games.
The main reason I bought this mouse is because I was sick of cheaper options just dying out after a few months of hard use. I was looking for something a bit more resilient that would last me a long time. This mouse has surpassed my greatest expectations of that. Even after dropping the thing dozens of times ( completely my fault - it's just the way I do things) AND somehow managing to drop my laptop on it's side, with the mouse plugged in, completely smashing the mouse's USB connector into an unrecognisable shape, it still works just as well as it did before without a hitch.

I cannot recommend highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really surprised., 6 Nov 2011
This review is from: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse - Black (Electronics)
It took me a while to find a mouse that was exceptional value and not extortionaly priced and this Mouse fits that profile exactly. It is bigger than the one I previously owned but to be honest for me bigger is better. I have quite large hands and it feels very comfortable in my hand. The buttons are very well situated and I do agree with one of the reviews that the scroll wheel is slightly soft and but I suppose its like driving a new car. Once I'm used to it that something that I won't notice. The build quality is really good for the price. I haven't had to mess with the weights as it seems to be ok for movement. The sofware that comes with it is excellent. I am totally amazed at what you can do with the buttons. Sharkoon have really put alot of thought into this as it seems like a true gamer has designed this. There are 2 profiles one I have set for gaming and the other I've set for computer use. On the non gaming side I bought a Windows 7 remote control that has many features but this has many more. For the price this is well worth a buy. If you are looking at Razor then just get two of these. You wont be disappointed.

Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse - Black