TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 December 2011
This is a simple and effective protection for a compact camera -bought in this case to house a fuji finepix JZ 500.

It looks pretty -the blue exterior has a nice lustre to it. It unzips easily and the two halves are prevented from flopping wide open by two elastic stays. Inside there is an elasticated pocket big enough for a spare NP-45 battery for the camera, and a spare SDHC card too. A shoulder strap is supplied, and on the back there is a wide vinyl loop through which can be fed the supplied aluminium sprung (self-closing) carabiner clip. The casing is light but tough, and I'm sure would withstand quite severe knocks or pressure. It fits this particular camera perfectly.

For its price here on Amazon this is a bargain, and thoughtfully designed. It looks like it will do its job for a long time to come. I'll post an update if there are any unexpected surprises.

Highly recommended.

AA
on 6 November 2010
We are very happy with this purchase which arrived promptly and was well packed, it is a strong beautifully designed case , good quality and very well made with pockets in the interior for card aand memory stick
which is very handy,
on 14 January 2011
I bought this for my number two granddaughter to fit Nikon S3000 Digital Camera(Also purchased from Amazon), fitted perfectly and she was absolutely delighted......the carrying methods are endless with this case, shackle karabiner, strap or belt loop, excellent buy highly recommended.
on 28 January 2016
I am really pleased with this camera case . My Camera fits in it perfectly and is very safe now . The case has a small pocket in it for a camera card or battery and double zip that's another bonus . I would recommend this product.
on 17 August 2013
This case doesn't fit COOLPIX S31 as advertised in the bundle when choosing to buy this camera - very misleading to see it bundled with the COOLPIX S31 and correct memory card but the case is too small to hold the camera when zipped up.
Also, due to the low price it is inconvenient to complain and not cost effective to pay for postage to return - therefore, the buyer always loses out if this bundle is purchased.
on 14 January 2013
This was an excellent product but just too small for the Nikon cool pix model I had purchased ( S8200 )
I retained it as another family member fancied it for her smaller baseline camera.
Good looking and very cheep for the quality.
on 4 February 2014
A very functional product which was exactly as described. The case is very secure but only opens a small distance which makes it quite difficult to replace the camera quickly or of you are holding other equipment. This could be improved with a wider opening and an elastic or velcro strap to hold the camera in place.
on 28 August 2011
THIS IS A GOOD HARD CASE AND AND AM HAPPY WITH THE QUALITY,AND PRICE LOOKS GREAT. BUT WOULD NOT TRUST THE BELT LOOP DOES NOT SEEM VERY STRONG. IF USED I BELIEVE IT WOULD BREAK. SO I HAVE ONLY USED THE SHOULDER BELT THAT COMES WITH THE CASE. NOW I HAVE BOTH HANDS FREE WHEN ON HOLIDAY.
on 18 December 2015
It's probably a little unfair giving only one star, however this was listed as one of those items that customers apparently bought when they bought the camera I was buying - a Nikon COOLPIX S32 - so I duly bought together with the S32 and....... the camera does not fit into this case. After emails and phone calls explaining that I wanted a refund, etc I was told I needed to go to the post office (which isn't close) and return the item and a refund may be made at some stage. So I gave up. Amazon really should have refunded me straight away in my opinion - I only bought it because of their recommendation!
on 24 January 2012
I bought a Nikon Coolpix S3100which is very nice but appears quite fragile. Hence I was looking for something cheap to protect it in between uses.

The clamshell case is adequate, looks and feels nice and is "fit for purpose", However I was expecting the case to be made of solid/rigid plastic. It isn't. Its probably similar to the plastic in the VHS video rental cases you used to get from Blockbusters. The other odd thing is that it is hinged along the shorter edge as opposed to the longer edge (so it opens like a crocodile's jaws. I'm probably being overly picky here. It is good value and reasonable.