on 7 June 2010
After looking at other brands for months both online and in showrooms I bought this in time for the World Cup to replace a very good but aging Phillips 20" LCD.

I am very impressed.The set took about ten minutes to unpack, plug-in, hook-up and switch on. I didn't have to fiddle with the settings to get a great picture or sound, just turn Dynamic and Surround sound on, tweak the Backlighting and Contrast down a little to my taste and hey presto - a great TV. The unit is not much bigger than the 20" it replaces and is extremely light but feels solid and well built. The on-screen menu is very detailed and with many options but easy to use and navigate. I don't regret this purchase at all and would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a quality LCD by a respected manufacturer at a very good price.
on 21 June 2010
This TV arrived really quickly and was easy for me to set up on my own. (I am quite a mature lady of bus pass age!) I love the picture and colour and all the features. I only have a small living room so the size of the set is right for me. I realise there were cheaper sets around but I am pleased I bought Sony and very satisfied with my purchase.
on 8 July 2010
Bought this to replace a sadly dropped CRT set. I don't think that LCD sets do too well with standard definition content and this Sony is no exception. It also suffers from the boxy sound caused by the current vogue for downward firing speakers. In nearly all other respects it is first rate. Well built with a stable stand and a steel stem for the stand. The menus are fairly clear. My big gripe is that the set up menus cover half the picture which makes seeing the effect that changing picture settings have almost impossible. Sony make updated firmware (TVs operating system) available from their website which Panasonic do not. I would suggest turning off picture noise reduction and a couple of dubious sounding picture enhancement settings off for best results.

A return to form for Sony.
on 7 June 2010
This is my third Sony tv and have had good and long service out of my previous two.
This model is excellent quality like my others.
Easy to set up,built in freeview and brilliant picture quality.
HD ready and good sound, Remote is user friendly and well laid out.
It has four HDMI inputs so it's no problem connecting DVD player and Sky box etc.
Have never had any faults with my Sony tv's and i am very pleased with this one.
on 31 May 2010
Bought this TV for second room, chose Sony as we have been very pleased with larger Bravia. Straightforward set up, bit of tweaking required to get colour settings as desired and voila, a great little telly. It has lost a star because the silver grey band along the bottom is really quite distracting.
on 30 May 2010
This is a really good TV. Picture quality and sound is superb. Lots of connections so the kids games kit, DVD, etc all connected so easily. Out of the box and working in 10 mins - great.

My only niggle would be the gloss surround that can cause reflections at times but that's all.
on 28 June 2010
Bought the Sony KDL26EX302U after weeks of research and a visit to a Sony and a Panasonic shop. I am totally blown away with it.
The new sleek look and amazing picture quality surely takes it to top spot in the 'budget' main make TV war.
Installation took 10 minutes and freeview quality is excellent...would recommend this TV without hesitation.
on 28 October 2010
Love this TV! Perfect size for those of you who, like me, who just 'don't get' all the fuss about TVs as big as your front room. It looks great, and is easy to set up (even for the technically challenged!)
on 6 September 2010
This TV has a good range of features. The sound is fine and the picture quality is good but only when sat directly in front. The further to the side you view from the worse the picture becomes.
The picture drop off rate is much more apparent than on a Panasonic TV I have.
This may not be too much of a problem if just one person will be watching but if several people are watching together those furthest from the centre line may be disapointed.
on 7 October 2010
This was bought for the bedroom, because my wife felt a 32inch panel would be too big.

She was, as ever, right. The set sits on a chest of drawers and does not dominate the room. It is linked up to a DVD player and Virgin Cable TV box. Great television, in the mould we have come to expect from Sony. This is 720p/1080i in performance, so not the highest specification but, in the role we have it, this provides an excellent colour pallette, crisp sound and a warm image. 10/10.

Great delivery, too - next day!! Result!