5.0 out of 5 stars Sharks, Squirrels and a stuffed Dog
These are my thoughts on the live show:
I saw Al Murray live for the first time this year and he was brilliant! I haven't laughed as much in ages!
Published on 15 Nov 2010 by AMG

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought
I hadn't seen any of his shows before and I thought I would try thid dvd but it wasn't my kind of humour
Published 21 months ago by Pike Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharks, Squirrels and a stuffed Dog, 15 Nov 2010
AMG - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
These are my thoughts on the live show:
For over 2 hours, and with his devoted dead Dog Ramrod by his side at the motorised Bar, he thoroughly entertained his vast range of audience members (the laughter was as loud as his voice) seamlessly integrating the front row into his brand new routine with his masterful improv skills, he told one retired lorry driver in the first few rows "You can't get over sitting at the front can you!?" Genius.
During the show, the pub philosopher touched on a variety of controversial topics including Politics, Religion, War and Squirrels secret plans to take over England, but he got away with it.
He swore fairly frequently, but along with the wonderful faux xenophobic nonsense, I grew to accept it as part of the persona.
I pre-ordered the "Barrel of fun" DVD a while ago as I wanted a souvenir of a thoroughly enjoyable night, and also, during our performance, Al admitted with a smile that due to either a technical fault or more than likely him getting carried away in the merriment, a section of the routine got left out, so I will be curious to see what it was (Or whether it was just a gag.)
If this DVD is anywhere near as good as it was live, it will be well worth owning and I would highly recommend buying it.

The DVD:
The laugh out loud show on the DVD was recorded live at London's Hammersmith Apollo. It's shorter than the show I enjoyed in the theatre, but features all the memorable moments, Ginger rights, the killer chat up line, squirrel drill and more (75 minutes.)
Bonus Features:
LATE LOCK IN '96:
A bearded Pub Landlord at Edinburgh's Pleasance Theatre in August 2009, performing his perrier show from 1996 (58 minutes.)
ALISTAIR MURRAY: SOUS LE VESTON:
A (spoof) exposé for the French arts channel (French with English subtitles, 10 minutes.)
BEHIND THE SCENES:
Following Al preparing for his barrel of laughs tour, Compete For The Meat quiz shows and other random events (20 minutes.)

If you haven't seen Mr Murray live, do! He's a real tonic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure class in a glass, 24 Jan 2011
Mr. D. G. Meek "Yorkie" (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Al Murray - Barrel of Fun - Live [DVD] (DVD)
I got tickets to see the Pub Landlords barrel of Fun tour as a birthday present and it was an amazing night. I've seen all his previous shows on dvd or tv but this was my first experience seeing him live and he was definately worth the wait. The show was fantastic and i haven't laughed so much at a stand up show in years.
Within the first few minutes he had the whole audience laughing hysterically and didn't let up from there. He brought almost the whole first three rows, everyone in the boxes and the people in the balcony above the stage into his routine, with a girl from the Yorkshire Water call centre (OMAB) been singled out in hilarious fashion by the guv.
From the first joke about the obesity epidemic, through to men sharks, squirrel alert, the pope and the male audiencing members finally been able to say something to their wives / girlfriends which men have always wanted to say, but are only able to do so now in the "safe" environment the Guv has created, this is a first rate stand up dvd that i can't recommend highly enough.
But the nicest thing about the whole show was that afterwards Al took time out to meet members of the audience, sign programmes, books and dvd's and pose for photos. I've seen a lot of comedians live but this is the first time any of them have done this and it really showed how much Al Murray appreciates the support of his fans and getting to meet him, having my programme signed and getting a photo made a great night into a fantastic one.
All hail to the Guv - a true King of Comedy

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap for a last minute chrismas gift, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Al Murray - Barrel of Fun - Live [DVD] (DVD)
was cheap as pie! when received it though it said it was from Morrison's which was a bit weird but who cares

4.0 out of 5 stars Normal al stuff, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Al Murray - Barrel of Fun - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Great if you like AL murray normal offering lots of fun not much you can say worth a view for the money

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought, 11 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Price, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Al Murray - Barrel of Fun - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Price is right and delivery was prompt so all in all very happy as this guy is my guys favourite so it made for a wonderful gift.

4.0 out of 5 stars funny, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: Al Murray - Barrel of Fun - Live [DVD] (DVD)
a christmas present for a male family member who enjoys his drink thought id add a bit more humour to his drinking days

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Al Murray - Barrel of Fun - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Very funny DVD which my partner and I enjoyed watching together and we both had a good laugh! Al Murray at his best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Al Murray - Barrel of Fun - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Arrived well within time contraints and in excellent packaging. Bought as Christmas present and my Mum really enjoyed it! Enabled me to buy her quality presents on a tight budget. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughs from start to finish, 31 Mar 2012
This review is from: Al Murray - Barrel of Fun - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Its been a couple of years since the Pub Landlord was on the telly- this is evidence of how much he is missed- this kind of late night comedy is what people love after staggering in late after a night out!

Al Murray - Barrel of Fun - Live [DVD]
Al Murray - Barrel of Fun - Live [DVD] by Al Murray (DVD - 2010)