4.0 out of 5 stars Apple original earphones for the iPod shuffle 3rd gen
Good sound quality.
Decent ear fit.
The controls work exactly as you'd expect, but they are slightly too close to the ear for my liking. I'd personally prefer them to be on the main part of the lead before it splits to each ear, not so close to my ear that it looks like I'm trying to get rid of excess ear wax everytime I alter the volume.
Apart from that,...
Published on 11 Nov. 2010 by Trafod

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality
The first time I purchased these headphones none of the controls worked. I purchased some more after the others completely broke, thinking that it was a one-off, and found that this time the volume control wouldn't work. I also found that with both headphones the sound quality was ok at the beginning but within 1-2 weeks the sound quality got worse.
I defiantely...
Published on 19 Mar. 2011 by bookworm92

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 19 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Earphones With Volume Controls (No Mic) - iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 3rd/4th Gen, iPod Classic 5th/6th Gen, iPod Nano 4th/5th/6th Gen, iPod Shuffle 4th Gen (Electronics)
I defiantely wouldn't recommend these headphones to anyone. You would be better off spending more money on some decent quality headphones.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, 9 Mar. 2011
I was pleased that these headphones worked to change songs on my iPod but unfortunately the volume doesn't work.Luckily it is at a reasonable level that I can hear but it would be nice to be able to increase it

1.0 out of 5 stars Apple Earphones, 6 Feb. 2011
E. Porter (UK) - See all my reviews
These earphones are rubbish. Please do not waste your money on them. The sound is only good when you lie in bed at night with no other sound going on! If you want to listen to music while you walk to work - then you don't stand a chance of hearing it unless you turn the volume up to its highest capacity & then go deaf in the process! What happens is when you walk or jog or whatever, the earphones slip out of your ear so you spend half the time fiddling with the volume control, usually while trying to balance all your shopping. Not good & if you like classical music - don't even go there - the times I've nearly cried with frustration trying to hear Pavarotti above the sound of traffic - it's hopeless. Are there any good Apple earphones out there?? I'm going to try to see if I can find some or maybe invent some!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst product ever bought from Amazon, 28 Jun. 2011
Bought the apple earphones for my iPod shuffle and when received, the volume control did not work. They were set to the highest level therefore could not be worn unless I wanted to lose my hearing within a short period of time. I was just going to bin them and go to the apple shop to purchase a new pair but then thinking that money is still money and that the product was faulty I decided to email the supplier to explain by situation. To there credit they sent me another pair. Unfortunately again, plugging them in to use for the first time, the exact same thing happened. Completely useless. It's made me doubt buying anything from Amazon in future

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 28 Feb. 2011
I ordered these on behalf of my boyfriend thinking we were getting a great deal, when we received them we found that the volume buttons didn't work at all, so we sent them back to the seller who then sent us a replacement, only to find the exact same problem again! Needless to say we requested a refund the second time. The only redeeming factor was that the seller gave us a refund without a problem. Don't bother ordering these, they are obviously not the real deal and the price really is too good to be true.

1.0 out of 5 stars Controls don't work., 16 May 2011
I just came home from a stressful day at school after sitting a two hour english language exam. I walked into my room to find my headphones had arrived. I thought "Oh good! I can go for a nice long bike ride and listen to my favourite music", however this was not the case. I put the headphones into the ipod and guess what? I couldn't change songs nor ajust the volume. I'm really REALLY annoyed. Everytime I click the button to change songs the stupid man just goes through my playlists. Please if anyone can help REPLY. However, I can't be bothered to go through the hassle to send them back. I am also certain they are not genuine apple headphones, they feel cheap and fragile, unlike my previous ones. So thanks for the cheap rubbish product.
Made my day that much better

1.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the worse things I have ever bought!, 30 Mar. 2012
Despite other poor reviews of the product, I was optimistic that I had snagged a good pair of Apple Headphones at a bargain price. This optimism was quickly crushed. Within two minutes of opening the product which, to it's credit, showed reasonable sound quality to begin with, I noticed a glaring flaw in the products manufacturing and design. The reason I bought these headphones rather than a higher quality pair was the volume and song controller, as I have a 3rd generation shuffle which, some may no has no buttons whatsoever for volume or song changing, so I need the controller. However, to my great despair the volume parts did not work, at all, ever! Initially I believed it to be stiff, so applied a modicum more force (Seriously, I just tapped it!) and the volume control split in two, down the seem! I quickly patched it up, realising at this point it probably could not be returned, so I persevered, I mean, as I said, at least they were good quality. Unfortunately, two frustrating weeks later, I noticed the headphone piece was a little loose and then, suddenly, it just fell out, revealing it poorly made electrical contents. I twisted it back in and soldiered on but it broke, again, eight times, on the eighth of which a cable gave way, damning these headphones to the electrical scrapheap, a place I now realise they belong! If I could award this product zero stars, I would, as, for the angst it has put me through, it deserves it. DO NOT BUY!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Apple original earphones for the iPod shuffle 3rd gen, 11 Nov. 2010
Good sound quality.
Decent ear fit.
Apart from that, they do exactly what they're supposed to.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 July 2011
The earphones are not as described, they came without volume control and I am unable to skip tracks on my ipod shuffle. Completely different earphones than the image provided.

3.0 out of 5 stars replacement headphones to use on shuffle 3rd generation, 16 Feb. 2011
Mrs. Andrea Mcloughlin (england) - See all my reviews
these do work but you can only change tracks not the volume whenused with a ipod 3rd generation shuffle,service was excellent they arrived within the time limit