5.0 out of 5 stars Good
Very entertaining. I enjoyed the read especially seeing as i know Thailand very well. Itsvashame that stuff still happens but Mikes character does the right thing. Recommend reading.
Published 15 months ago by Matthew Sippitt

2.0 out of 5 stars Could't finish it
I didn't like this book, though I somehow continued to read most of it but decided to stop after a while as it became ever more unrealistic.
Published 21 months ago by S. Yanik

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear!, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Thailand's Sickest (Kindle Edition)
This is quite the worst book I have ever (partly) read.

It reads (Then I got up. then I washed and dressed, then I had breakfast type of thing - you get the idea?) like a third-former's diary with excruciatingly boring minutiae of every event in a day, even to the extent of naming bars, streets, cafes and so on on a route taken to a location.

Coupled with this is an horrendously detailed description of how the writer cracked a web site password, this exciting stuff taking up many pages of boring rubbish.

Then we come to the "plot". The subject matter seems to be fixated on Thai Ladyboys: has the author an unhealthy fixation with them?

I won't elaborate further!

This book costs too much -even free.

2.0 out of 5 stars Could't finish it, 27 Jun 2012
This review is from: Thailand's Sickest (Kindle Edition)
First chapter, which you can download for free, is very promising but the story goes unfortunately down the hill about in the middle of the book. Towards the end Dr. Justin Baker gives us a lot of technical explanation about computer systems, knifes, cameras, etc., and sometimes repeatedly, which I think doesn't add much value to the story. I read the action packed part of the story as a man's fantasy and didn't think it was very well thought through. But then, maybe it makes more sense when you actually finish the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 6 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Thailand's Sickest, 25 Mar 2012
This review is from: Thailand's Sickest (Kindle Edition)
Hard to put down. Some of the descriptions of abuse are disturbing, as would be expected to a normal person. Great plot, great story line. Would definitely recommend, and is a steal at the current price of 1.53. Would look forward to reading further work by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thailand's sickest, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Thailand's Sickest (Kindle Edition)
For a first novel , I thought the book was gripping and it did not take me long to read it. More !

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Thailand's Sickest (Kindle Edition)
This had to be the first book I've finished within a day, Usually it takes weeks. Impressive. Have to read the follow up.

Thank You for an engrossing read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Thailand's Sickest (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book it's fast paced, action packed.

No it's probably not the best written book in the world - but the plot was absolutely brilliant - and I couldn't put it down because I was desperate to know what happened next.

I instantly went on to download the sequel, as I enjoyed the first one so much.

In reference to the negative reviews - a bit too much detail on the cracking of passwords, and where the main character had breakfast, lunch and dinner? well yes perhaps - but it didn't spoil my enjoyment of it at all. In fact by the end of the sequel I almost found myself affectionately wanting to know what he'd had for dinner!

And the graphic nature of the book - yes it is incredibly. I found some of it pretty hard to read - wouldn't recommend if you're sensitive - but ultimately the detail which the author goes into, builds up your hatred even more, and makes you care more passionately about justice for those involved.

Would recommend to anyone who loves action packed thrillers, with a strong stomach!

5.0 out of 5 stars CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT ONE, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Thailand's Sickest (Kindle Edition)
I was at first a bit weary about reading this book as I knew of the storyline and was worried that I would find parts of it disturbing. However as disturbing as the nature of this book is, you cannot help but enjoy the way it is written as the justice that has unfolded by the end is incredibly satisfying to any reader that wants a good ending.

Fantastic read, am purchasing the follow up (Hell to Pay) as soon as I have posted this review.

Five massive stars from me, well done Mike Fook!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is upsetting but worth a read, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Thailand's Sickest (Kindle Edition)
I read the first few pages and thought I would be unable to read the rest but tried again and could'nt put the book down,
Although I thought that the computer information was too long I just speed read them to get back to the plot, the book kept me trying to work out the plot and was pleased with the ending.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deleted It - Could Not Finish This, 22 April 2013
Thailand's sickest indeed.

I could not finish reading this book and deleted it from my library. It's a difficult subject for sure but I see no reason why it has to be so graphic. For me, describing those sickening acts in such graphic detail is unnecessary.

Others may see it differently, but I couldn't stomach it.

ARRAY(0xab8f7eac)