on 14 December 2010
These are excellent value and well made. Sound is pretty good although there is a hissing sound ommitted when volume output is loud, this is why I don't award them a 5/5 (compared to my old imac g4 speakers which still out perform these but more than 3x's the price!)
on 13 January 2012
The speakers do pretty well with music. However, when playing videos the sound produced is distorted as the speakers sort of amplify the noise in the video.
on 9 January 2014
Justifiable quality for the price. I give 4 stars because there is still that hissing noise coming out of it. Quite obvious when no music is being played but I pull the jack out if not in use. problem solved.
on 23 April 2012
Unfortunately these speakers buzz and hiss even when there is no sound input. It is a low level, but it is there and it is annoying to me.

It is such a shame because I find them quite beautiful and the sound output for me is fine.

I have sent them back because I can't live with the noise. I have now researched the issue and find that other people have had the issue and it is event mentioned on a FAQ on the Philips site!

Now I need to find a replacement.
on 12 November 2011
These Philips speakers are good retro-looking, sit nice on the desk. Clear sound even at high volume. Longer lead between would help for more stereo effect but good little dinky speakers
on 31 December 2011
I thought I was going deaf so quiet were the in built speakers on my computer monitor so I decided to buy these little speakers. I have not tried to play serious music through them but so clear and well modulated are they that I am sure they would acquit themselves well. As it is the speakers have transformed the sound from my computer and I can once again enjoy the commentaries on promotional and instructional videos via my PC.
Well made and decent sound for a good price. These look very nice and certainly look more expensive then they actually were, easy to setup and a big improvement on my poor built in monitor speakers.
on 4 January 2012
Great set of speakers, as you would expect from Philips.

Only problem is that i bought them for me, but my daughter has 'liberated' them!!!

I'm now going to buy the premium set.
on 23 August 2014
They look nice and the sound is ok but they're missing the volume button, that's why I was a little disappointed.
on 19 February 2015