on 26 February 2013
This is a very strong lock and provides great protection for our van rear doors. It was fairly easy to install, but did need two pairs of hands to ensure the two sections align properly, this is makes it really easy to lock and unlock each time.

It's now been on the van for nearly 4 months and has started to show signs of rust, which I have noticed on most other vans who have these types of locks fitted, would be worth giving it a coat of "Hammerite" which would stop this getting worse.

It's worth noting that this lock is not manufactured by "Blackspur" it is actually from "Neilsen", and does not include any fixing kit or bolts. I reported this to the seller who was extremely helpful, and provided a discount to cover the cost of purchasing bolts separately.

A good quality lock, but as there was no fixing kit as advertised, I gave it 4 stars instead of 5.
on 6 July 2013
Having had a mower stolen by some talented boys with boltcutters ,who obviously cut through four hasp and staple type padlocks in seconds ,I needed something else on the shed door.
I ordered a pair of these and was amazed at the weight of the package.
They are much more substantial than I expected for the price, and certainly appear to be proof against boltcutters and gemmies.Just what I was looking for.
UPDATE -5/08/13-
The padlocks have just been tested with a violent shed break in and held 100 percent.It was the front frame of the shed that failed and the door hinges, so you must make sure the stregnth of the sub structure matches these locks !!
on 4 January 2015
If I could have seen these van locks first I wouldn't have purchased them. The welding on the harps looks suspect and they both started to rust after a couple of days. The actual locks look ok, they work well and feel quite heavy and solid.
I have now painted the harps and they should be a good deterrent to thieves.
I have given 3 stars as they didn't cost very much and overall are very good value.
on 7 November 2013
Amazing great bargain bought for my motorcycle shed total security really heavy duty and with bolts for fixing and all for the price of a cheap lock and hasp and staple ,think it's over kill on shed these locks are so good but at this price you can't go wrong top quality
on 4 May 2013
could do with extra length and rubber backs as not all vans can accomodate the fixings provided. metal rear would mark vehicle. very sturdy robust product - does give the impression of something in the van to pinch though
on 21 July 2014
The product works well, but the fitting kit is a pile of bolts. The wrong size for my van and don't even have washers. I would suggest people buy this product without the fitting kit and buy the appropriate fitting items themselves.
on 12 October 2013
Great lock brought it because they clam that it comes with a fixing kit(BOLTS),but DOES NOT COME WITH FIXING KIT!!!
on 4 April 2014
Solid locks with 3 keys easy to fit.
Fixings missing on mine supplier sorted this for me.i used it to secure a large container. I plan to drill an extra in the metal hasp which will end up under the lock to improve security
on 23 February 2013
don't be deceived by the photo these locks are massive. had my shed broken into so bought these locks, they are a bit of an overkill
to be honest, but on the other hand i'd be very surprised if anyone gets through these locks...
on 26 August 2014
Great locks. Got mine from tooltime and they came with the bolts.
Only downside is after a couple of weeks they seem to have rust spots on them already.