Brabantia Ice Water Ironing Board with Solid Steam Unit Holder, Size C, 124 x 45 cm
Package Quantity: 1Style Name: 124x45 Size CChange
Price:£69.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 3 June 2013
I hated our old ironing board, it was rubbish, and typically it didn't give me any warning on when it'd break down. So half way through my ironing it literally dropped half way.

The new board arrived. Pathetically packed I might add, and it is pretty heavy... 5ft gal and not really into the whole keeping healthy lifestyle. So it was a bit of a challenge getting it up the stairs and setting it up.

It was heavy before I put the Steam Iron on it, and after it really is pretty much impossible to drag the board anywhere if you have a carpet.

But it is divine.

A great ironing board and an awesome steam iron really does make all the difference. You really do
get what you pay for.

So if you're dilly-dallying on whether or not you want to pay for an expensive ironing-board just buy it. You really won't regret.

I've noticed way less creasing in the clothes because the ironing cover is so smooth. The board is pretty big and it cuts down on the time I'm strategically placing the shirts and trousers.

And my biggest worry of all, if it'd be suitable for someone of 5ft, it is perfect. Goes even lower than I expected it too. Good for small and big people!

One quick thing I want to point out is Brabantia have a great customer service team, and this was before I even bought the ironing board. (I wasn't sure if this model would be suitable for small heights). They replied within 3 days, I think).

And registering the product was a doddle. Didn't have to go searching for numbers on the board, or anything. They have everything online that you need.

Oh and someone reviewed that they found it annoying that they had to keep shuffling up and down the board to put the iron back on the generator... why not just leave it on the board like me? I assume you're going to pick it back up again in a second? And yes I did notice the steam wire thingy getting stuck in the space between the holder and board, but I quick flick of the wrist and it comes back out again. I might try stuffing a paper or something in there like you suggested. :)

I really can't wait to iron again, which is incredibly sad I know. But even with an expensive iron I've never been able to achieve 100% crease free clothes and now I have. *Sigh*

I LOVE IT!
on 1 February 2011
After buying a Bosch steam iron unit, I struggled for a year with my very serviceable but average sized John Lewis ironing board. It was such a bother setting up an extra table next to the board for the heavy steam iron unit. This board is large and robust. It feels very steady with the steam iron unit on its holder and is a pleasure to use. The packaging states the holder can take up to 7kg in weight. My large Bosch is just under. Being large, there is less faffing around with the clothes. The board does get quite wet underneath after a 2 hour session. I've owned it 6 months so far and there is no rust. My only gripe is that the lowest height setting is quite high (77cm), no perching on any low stool.The highest is 96cm.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 17 April 2012
I recently invested in one of the steam generators irons, and decided to invest in a new ironing board to 'go with' it, thinking that maybe my present one would be too small for the big unit.
As with many other reviewers, i dithered about the cost but decided that i wanted something decent that would last a decent amount of time.
It was soooo worth the money. I now can't believe that i struggled for so long with my 'old' flimsy, narrow ironing board that would wobble and rock when attempting to position a large duvet cover or similar.
This one is not only lovely and sturdy, but a decent width which cuts down on re-positioning items and speeds up the whole process.
I find myself showing off my ironing board to friends because i'm so pleased with it - then find myself thinking 'get a grip'!!
I haven't had a problem with dripping water or 'pooling' as other reviewers have mentioned.
Would thoroughly recommend this ironing table and would consider 'cheaper' ones to be a false economy.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 9 July 2011
Now I know that ironing boards aren't the most exciting things to review...but here we go!

I bought a steam generator and then realised I needed a suitable ironing board! After looking at various options and reviews here on Amazon and Argos etc, decided to go for this model.
I am really delighted with it!
It has a huge ironing area which is great, although it took me a while to get used to. I wasn't used to having so much space to play with ! I find it great cos I can park all my smalls at the far end of the board and still be able to iron T shirts, etc!

There is more than enough room to put your steam generator on the base area so no worries there!

It is very sturdy. So there is no need to worry about it wobbling around. It doesn't!

Yes, as some other reviewers have mentioned, it is higher than most ironing boards, but it can easily be adjusted so I personally have not found this to be an issue. (although I stand to iron anyway)!

Some people might think that it is heavy but personally I don't. It is a very well made, sturdy board which in my mind, makes it safer all round!

I would certainly recommend for use with any steam generator!
on 16 December 2012
the best ironing board i have ever owned and i have had a few,great for ironing large items very solid.
on 11 August 2012
This is a fantastic ironing board. It is big, heavy and is a proper "man's" ironing board. It capably holds my steam generator on the solid shelf, and you can iron a pair of 32" length trousers in one go, which is great.
The only downside is that it has a wonky leg. Taking a pair of pliers to the rubber feet is futile in an attempt to adjust, as they won't budge. So my fantastic ironing board ends up with a lump of wood under on foot whilst I'm ironing, which isn't great. For the cost, and the brand, you would expect quality control to pick this sort of thing up before they box it up and sell it. Oh well...
on 15 March 2011
Up till now I have had the Poulti ironing board and the holder for the iron is useless.
This ironing board is just wonderful. My steam generator stays on the holder and I do not worry if it is going to fall off.
It is a wide board with a good length for trousers etc. I teach craft classes and this is the best I have ever found.
on 26 November 2014
This is the mother of all Ironing boards, yes it is expensive, but so worth it. It oozes quality and its easy to put up and down. As you can tell from the product description this is a really large ironing board so make sure that you have somewhere suitable to stow it.

This easily takes the weight of our steam generating iron and because of the large surface area it cuts down the time required to iron things significantly.

Our cleaner, who also does the majority of our ironing really thought it was a decent bit of kit and was dead impressed with it. If I need to iron a shirt in a hurry, this really cuts down on the time and stress of the job.

Go for it, you won't regret it.
review image
on 24 June 2013
I bought a steam generator and then realised I needed a suitable ironing board! I chose this one for it's good makers name. It arrived looking rather battered in it's inadequate packing. There was cardboard around it but this was soft and really too flimsy for the weight of this item. The very first impression was the heavy weight of this board and the second was the huge wobble it had. I saw that one of the legs was buckled in. This may have been caused during transit. There was nothing for it but to return this board and this is where Amazon really shone. I found that it would not fit in my car but a call to Amazon solved it and they had it picked up the very next day and of course refunded me my costs. I would give 5 stars to Amazon but the packing and inconvenience gives it a reduced 3 stars. I went on to buy the Leifheit Airsteam 72542 Large Steam Generator Ironing Table which is very light but sturdy. It cost more but I think worth it.
on 3 November 2011
Just bought Bosch steam generator iron and needed new board. Looked at lots and read reviews etc and purchased Brabantia board with steam iron rest, however not suitable for SG Irons so it went back - and how easily thro Amazon v good customer service! - and got this one. Its sturdy, holds the SGI easily and has wide board for large duvets etc. I thought the cover was a bit thin but it works ok to let the vast amount of steam through, no laundry rack presumably because of steam underneath, I do lots of vertical steam ironing now - brilliant, much easier on light items than the board. The height is ok for me, I am short and iron standing, odd that the adjuster is the opposite side of the board but is ok. Its not too heavy to lift and put away. Seems good buy.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...