5.0 out of 5 stars deluxe ironing board
Published on 1 Feb 2011 by M. B. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonky
This is a fantastic ironing board. It is big, heavy and is a proper "man's" ironing board. It capably holds my steam generator on the solid shelf, and you can iron a pair of 32" length trousers in one go, which is great.
Published on 11 Aug 2012 by Gaz Reynolds

5.0 out of 5 stars deluxe ironing board, 1 Feb 2011
M. B. Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brabantia Ice Water Ironing Board, Size C, 124 x 45 cm - with Solid Steam Unit Holder (Misc.)
After buying a Bosch steam iron unit, I struggled for a year with my very serviceable but average sized John Lewis ironing board. It was such a bother setting up an extra table next to the board for the heavy steam iron unit. This board is large and robust. It feels very steady with the steam iron unit on its holder and is a pleasure to use. The packaging states the holder can take up to 7kg in weight. My large Bosch is just under. Being large, there is less faffing around with the clothes. The board does get quite wet underneath after a 2 hour session. I've owned it 6 months so far and there is no rust. My only gripe is that the lowest height setting is quite high (77cm), no perching on any low stool.The highest is 96cm.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it! Great for small people too!, 3 Jun 2013
I hated our old ironing board, it was rubbish, and typically it didn't give me any warning on when it'd break down. So half way through my ironing it literally dropped half way.

The new board arrived. Pathetically packed I might add, and it is pretty heavy... 5ft gal and not really into the whole keeping healthy lifestyle. So it was a bit of a challenge getting it up the stairs and setting it up.

It was heavy before I put the Steam Iron on it, and after it really is pretty much impossible to drag the board anywhere if you have a carpet.

But it is divine.

A great ironing board and an awesome steam iron really does make all the difference. You really do
get what you pay for.

So if you're dilly-dallying on whether or not you want to pay for an expensive ironing-board just buy it. You really won't regret.

I've noticed way less creasing in the clothes because the ironing cover is so smooth. The board is pretty big and it cuts down on the time I'm strategically placing the shirts and trousers.

And my biggest worry of all, if it'd be suitable for someone of 5ft, it is perfect. Goes even lower than I expected it too. Good for small and big people!

One quick thing I want to point out is Brabantia have a great customer service team, and this was before I even bought the ironing board. (I wasn't sure if this model would be suitable for small heights). They replied within 3 days, I think).

And registering the product was a doddle. Didn't have to go searching for numbers on the board, or anything. They have everything online that you need.

Oh and someone reviewed that they found it annoying that they had to keep shuffling up and down the board to put the iron back on the generator... why not just leave it on the board like me? I assume you're going to pick it back up again in a second? And yes I did notice the steam wire thingy getting stuck in the space between the holder and board, but I quick flick of the wrist and it comes back out again. I might try stuffing a paper or something in there like you suggested. :)

I really can't wait to iron again, which is incredibly sad I know. But even with an expensive iron I've never been able to achieve 100% crease free clothes and now I have. *Sigh*

I LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars I really must get out more!, 17 April 2012
I recently invested in one of the steam generators irons, and decided to invest in a new ironing board to 'go with' it, thinking that maybe my present one would be too small for the big unit.
As with many other reviewers, i dithered about the cost but decided that i wanted something decent that would last a decent amount of time.
It was soooo worth the money. I now can't believe that i struggled for so long with my 'old' flimsy, narrow ironing board that would wobble and rock when attempting to position a large duvet cover or similar.
This one is not only lovely and sturdy, but a decent width which cuts down on re-positioning items and speeds up the whole process.
I find myself showing off my ironing board to friends because i'm so pleased with it - then find myself thinking 'get a grip'!!
I haven't had a problem with dripping water or 'pooling' as other reviewers have mentioned.
Would thoroughly recommend this ironing table and would consider 'cheaper' ones to be a false economy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Steam Generators!, 9 July 2011
Now I know that ironing boards aren't the most exciting things to review...but here we go!

I bought a steam generator and then realised I needed a suitable ironing board! After looking at various options and reviews here on Amazon and Argos etc, decided to go for this model.
I am really delighted with it!
It has a huge ironing area which is great, although it took me a while to get used to. I wasn't used to having so much space to play with ! I find it great cos I can park all my smalls at the far end of the board and still be able to iron T shirts, etc!

There is more than enough room to put your steam generator on the base area so no worries there!

It is very sturdy. So there is no need to worry about it wobbling around. It doesn't!

Yes, as some other reviewers have mentioned, it is higher than most ironing boards, but it can easily be adjusted so I personally have not found this to be an issue. (although I stand to iron anyway)!

Some people might think that it is heavy but personally I don't. It is a very well made, sturdy board which in my mind, makes it safer all round!

I would certainly recommend for use with any steam generator!

5.0 out of 5 stars big yes, 16 Dec 2012
the best ironing board i have ever owned and i have had a few,great for ironing large items very solid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 15 Mar 2011
Up till now I have had the Poulti ironing board and the holder for the iron is useless.
This ironing board is just wonderful. My steam generator stays on the holder and I do not worry if it is going to fall off.
It is a wide board with a good length for trousers etc. I teach craft classes and this is the best I have ever found.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonky, 11 Aug 2012
Gaz Reynolds (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
The only downside is that it has a wonky leg. Taking a pair of pliers to the rubber feet is futile in an attempt to adjust, as they won't budge. So my fantastic ironing board ends up with a lump of wood under on foot whilst I'm ironing, which isn't great. For the cost, and the brand, you would expect quality control to pick this sort of thing up before they box it up and sell it. Oh well...

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a smooth purchase, 24 Jun 2013
D. HOWARD (England) - See all my reviews
I bought a steam generator and then realised I needed a suitable ironing board! I chose this one for it's good makers name. It arrived looking rather battered in it's inadequate packing. There was cardboard around it but this was soft and really too flimsy for the weight of this item. The very first impression was the heavy weight of this board and the second was the huge wobble it had. I saw that one of the legs was buckled in. This may have been caused during transit. There was nothing for it but to return this board and this is where Amazon really shone. I found that it would not fit in my car but a call to Amazon solved it and they had it picked up the very next day and of course refunded me my costs. I would give 5 stars to Amazon but the packing and inconvenience gives it a reduced 3 stars. I went on to buy the Leifheit Airsteam 72542 Large Steam Generator Ironing Table which is very light but sturdy. It cost more but I think worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ironing Board, 29 Oct 2012
R. Chapman "robertex" (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a wide ironing board, very suitable for my needs.My previous board collapsed in a big heap, dont think this one will, its very sturdily built.The ironing surface too is great. Overall I am very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Large ironing board is essential for steam generator unit, 21 Sep 2012
Getting a steam generator meant replacing my ironing board, which was long overdue anyway! This one is excellent, very solid and it is great to have such a large ironing surface, especially for sheets and quilt covers.. Steam generator sits very comfortably on the large side plate, very secure. Great price too, some 30 cheaper than John Lewis!