on 11 August 2010
I bought this product to reflect that we do not use normal oven as much since the children left home.

We have owned for about 4 weeks and we have only used our traditional oven once in that period.

it is very easy to keep an eye on the cooking since it is on the worktop and the inside is very well lit. We use the convection feature the most and the oven pre heats very quickly. We have used the combination feature for jacket potatoes and this took only 20 mins for two perfect pototoes.

It is compact on the outsize but inside this is a comparatively large machine.

I am very pleased with this purchase.
11 comment|204 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2011
Having been the very satisfied owner of a Panasonic slimline combi which gave good almost daily service for 9 years before turntable gave out, I had no hesitation in buying a replacement from its successor range.
The first thing I noticed was that the build quality wasn't quite up to my previous oven. The 8pt grey text against stainless steel isn't great for older eyes either. The worst 'improvement' though has to be the grill which functions throughout the convection cycle with the aid of the fan. My previous model used it only as a preheat function, so I was able to bake a variety of dishes without worrying about them turning to carbon. Whatever you do, don't cook pizza on the higher shelf position or you'll end up with a blackened frisbee!
I contacted Panasonic regarding this, as I thought I had a faulty appliance but it turns out that this is the new way of convection baking and they advised me that I should cover dishes which require any length of cooking with foil after 10-15 minutes to avoid burning. I fail to see how this can be a considered improvement on the previous model, more of a production cost-cutting measure if you ask me.
The upshot is, it's still a good combi oven for most everyday dishes but if you want to bake a large cake forget it!
55 comments|199 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 July 2012
Bought this to replace 8 year old version where the microwave function broke as was very happy with quality and ease of use. New model seems same build quality and easy to use functiionality but the oven function uses the grill element to provire heat which means that oven is no longer available as a stand alone feature, equating to the combination mode.

Furtunatley the 2 racks from the older model fit perfectly (you only get one rack with this one) enabling us to cover the tallest rack with foil to stop the direct heat from the grill burning the food.

This issue is a fairly major flaw if you plan to use the oven. Panasonic should revert to the previous design and charge a few £ more and would get great reviews as otherwise the is a great piece of kit.
22 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 September 2012
Hi. Initially I was impressed with this item, it looks great and microwaves well, it was a little noisier than my previous one, but not not really an issue for me. However 18 months in I was using it as as convection oven cooking at 180 degrees for 60 minutes (not even the highest heat setting you can select). Having smelt a burning smell, I went to check the progress, the joint of meat looked fine but when I opened the door I discovered the finish on the metal trim around the glass had melted off and was stuck to the stainless steel of the oven itself, and not only that, the 'plastic' door casing above the metal trim had also started to melt. Given I had only used this product as an oven 10-15 times I was very shocked and extremely disappointed. Needless to say I am now expect to pay for a service engineer to inspect and estimate the cost to fix, as it is six months out of the 12 month warranty period. Very, very disappointed and not prepared to pay to have an inferior product fixed, so will just throw it way and chose a different manufacturer!
on 8 April 2013
I purchased one of these and it was clear it had a fault the moment I switched it on. The motor/power sound whilst in use was not constant like it should be, but pulsated with two different motor sounds/noise. I phoned Panasonic to check and they listened to the sound over the phone and immediately advised that it was not right at all and needed to be returned. I ordered a second one and unfortunately the second one was also faulty as the turntable did not operate smoothly but would stop and start and jump around. If you turned the turntable when switched off with your hand the nodules on the bottom of the turntable plate would just jump over the turning mechanism on the bottom of the microwave. I'm not sure if this was a particular fault with this microwave or whether the turning mechanism is poorly manufactured that they all do this? All in all I was extremely disappointed have read the Which? Best Buy review and numerous other reviews. But having received 2 faulty ones I was reluctant to try a third and decided to purchased a John Lewis Brand equivalent which worked perfectly first time!
on 6 January 2011
Panasonic well up to standard here- exactly the same size internally as my previous combo, but so much smaller. I couldn't be more pleased.
on 24 October 2010
This is a great combination over, includes grill, convection oven and microwave. It comes in proper stainless steel which was not totally clear from the product info, which was what we wanted. It has a 1000 watt microwave and a convection fan oven up to 220 celcius; you can also use a combination of methods. We use it almost everyday and have built it into a housing, it looks just right above our regular oven.
22 comments|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 May 2011
I spent a long time working out what the 'best' combi was for about £150-200 and Which? said this was a best buy. Nice stainless steel looked quality, and Panasonic should be good value.
Well, when it arrived, I wasn't impressed to start with. Flimsy quality and poor quality switchgear. Also, it's really difficult to read the tiny writing on the steel (and I have good vision).
Went through the process of grilling for 5 minutes empty as it says to do in the manual (which is pretty difficult to read) and left it to cool. Microwaved some rice and it was much better cooked through than with my old Sharp. Things were looking up. My wife then put some microwave popcorn in. There was a terrible smell and she thought she'd done something wrong. The casing of the door had partly melted onto the main steel case. Couldn't believe it. Am sending it back and will do more research to try to find one of decent quality (but now imagine it'll be more money than this).
on 30 November 2010
After much searching and research I purchased the Panasonic Slimline Combination Microwave Oven, hoping I had made a good choice. I did not make the right choice, I made an excellent choice. This machine seems to do everything except whistle Dixie. If I wanted to be super critical I guess the lettering for the time settings could be a bit clearer for my tired old eyes, but that is only a minor point. Rating wise I give it 10 out of ten.
on 20 July 2010
This is a first class micro ,very easy to use and with a wide range of options to make this a very versitile piece of equipment to use