Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.05

on 24 September 2012
I downloaded the first four books one after the other, as I read them. It has been a long time since I looked forward so much for the next and then the next and then the next and up to Sunborn. Each one is better than the last and I can hardly wait for the next one in the series.

In fairness, I do think that the first half of the first book, Neptune Crossing was a bit awkward and slow and was almost on the point of rejecting it to the discard pile. Very pleased I stuck with it.

We have a series of staggeringly imaginative science fiction here, especially if you like hard SciFi. There are battle's aplenty, but not your conventional spaceships blasting each other with plasma railguns sort of battles. Aliens, but not like the ones we usually encounter in flights of fancy (mostly).

Enough, I'm not going to spoil your fun in finding out. Buy the books and read them for yourselves.

Highly recommended.
on 1 August 2013
I very much enjoyed these novels, I think jeffery Carver proposed some very interesting and imaginative concepts, the only thing that I would have liked more is if John Bandicut was more proficient in his own right, I always felt that if it wasn't for the stones and the Charlies he would be pretty dispensable, I guess I like my heroes to have a bit more about about them, be a bit more proactive and creative rather than simply being swept along by circumstances. Otherwise I enjoyed the comradery between the charachters. I will certainly be buying the next Installment.
on 20 April 2014
This is turning into an excellent Science fiction series.

A little more science content in this book than the previous ones, therefore a little harder to read, but that is a function of the story rather than a desire to bewilder you.

Well written, and featuring fully rounded characters and plot-lines this is on a par with the greats of the Sci-Fi genre.
on 7 April 2013
Bought the first three books in the series and they kept me interested enough to buy this book. I found it a bit too confusing and way out for my taste. The various different forms of communication and internal advice became too much for me. A big contrast to the previous book.
on 16 January 2013
I have just read all four Chaos Chronicles in sequence and by and large enjoyed them but as I fall in and out of SF maybe the diet was too rich for me as I struggled with some of the concepts. Back to the classics and the world of today I think.
on 31 August 2014
I read this book as I have followed the rest of this series and very much enjoyed it. This book isn't quite as good as the previous three. It is very well written, the characters are great, and the science is coherent and realistic. But it's the main subject of the story that makes it a little hard-going: Saving sentient stars... It just seems hard to relate to (not surprising) and therefore makes the story less engaging than previous episodes. The book is definitely helped along by regular scene changes back to the context of the original book, Neptune Crossing, where Julie Stone is having a separate adventure of her own. Ultimately, all the characters end up converging on Shipworld, the monolithic alien structure from the second book, thus circumstances are set up for a more interesting and engaging (and probably easier to write) fifth book. I look forward to that!
on 23 September 2013
This is a difficult one to review.All i can say is Carver propels the reader through time and space at break neck speed,leaving the reader breathless,and wishing the book would never end.For me,this is hard sci fi at it's best.
on 2 January 2014
Its the fourth book my previous review was for the third book, but my amazement still continues for this style of writing in that books continue the story. What will they think of next. Tv in serial form....... Never???
on 8 July 2013
There's not need for a big description. This seller has many good books and as soon as you make up your mind and press the submit order button you can be sure you will receive your book. I do recommend this seller.
on 6 March 2013
Halfway through - enjoying immensely

Enthralled once again with this saga, don't want it to end.

Finish this one and be eager for next one, rather than thinking 'I'll read it sometime'