5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a Gem!!!
Published on 20 Mar 2012 by Adolfo Fuentes

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit confusing
I've tried out both the CDs and quite like it but not as much as another Qi Gong DVD I also have from Amazon.
Published 5 months ago by Mimomeemo

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a Gem!!!, 20 Mar 2012
This review is from: Qi Gong DVD (DVD)
This 2-DVDs set is truly a gem. DVD1 introduces the philosophy behind Qigong, continues with warming and stretching exercises, and finishes with a complete Taiji Qigong workout. DVD2, on the other hand, teaches the popular 8 pieces of brocade, and later the 5 animal frolics, which cannot be found in many other sets. The description of each movement on every DVD is at a peaceful rhythm, and the background music and landscape are very relaxing. Actually, it is my favourite Qigong set... Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars QI GUNG REVIEW, 15 Nov 2010
This review is from: Qi Gong DVD (DVD)
Brilliant dvd. Very thorough, informative, and well made.
Good production value. I would definitely recommend it to others like myself (Qi Gung beginners), but I imagine that for more experienced practitioners it would still be of great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Qi Gong DVD (DVD)
This is absolutely excellent! You can learn about the theory of qi gong and/or practice the exercises as the 2 DVDs are well organized by chapters or titles clearly identifying the content. Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Qi Gong, 18 Oct 2012
P. J. De Maziere (Worcestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Qi Gong DVD (DVD)
this two DVD set is worth every penny, its well filmed and easy to follow as well as being very very interesting, if you are new to Qi Gong or not this DVD set has something to offer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and addictive, 12 Oct 2013
S. Burdon (Northumberland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Qi Gong DVD (DVD)
My husband and I joined a Qi Gong class at our local Age Concern. We had not heard of it until we joined but wanted to do some gentle exercise. We found it perfect for our needs and decided we'd like to do it at home too. The first DVD I bought proved to be aimed at younger folk and too difficult for us. This one is perfect, we love it. There are 2 discs, we try do "the 18" on disc 1 every day. It's so gentle you barely feel like you are exercising yet it works every part of your body and after 20 minutes you know you have had a workout. If we feel good we will also do disc 2 "The Eight Pieces of Brocade" and "The Animals". Not only is it great exercise it is very calming and spiritual, leaving you refreshed and ready for anything. The narrator who talks you through the moves and especially the breathing has a lovely English accent which is very soothing though you can have music only but for us she's a must. The camerawork is beautifully done making it easy to follow the moves. I have only one very slight criticism, I wish the guy demonstrating had ironed his beautiful traditional garments, you can see every crease from where it was folded in the packet but then I am an obsessive ironer!!! I think anyone of any age would benefit from this dvd it's wonderful.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit confusing, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Qi Gong DVD (DVD)
The sound for the spoken voice (a nice voice) is not as clear as it could be and the 'relaxing' background is a bit irritating at times with tinkly music, rushing water and tweeting birds all a bit too much. Similarly whilst the outdoors is nice, there's some pretty ugly concrete (or dirty stone, not sure).
I found the sets of instructions a bit confusing. I would expect to do the exercises in real time with the DVD but sometimes they do a sequence once that I think you're meant to do a number of times. Am I meant to pause the DVD? Sometimes it says we're finishing with a self-massage but it just ends without it which is a bit odd.
I do like that the outfit has just come out of the packaging with all it's folded creases, funny.
I'd say, give it a go, why not. A one hour class can cost 5 so why not get this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good., 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Qi Gong DVD (DVD)
I have several dvds demonstrating how to do Qi Gong, but this dvd is by far the best of them. All the moves are described separately so that anyone can learn them with ease, and then are put together into a complete work out. You can have the exercises with or without commentary, and with or without music. The history and techniques are also dealt with in this great dvd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Qi Gong, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Qi Gong DVD (DVD)
I loved all the aspects of this dvd, as a former martial artist i found the exercises very stimulus , and thoroughly enjoyed watching and practicing the exercises to my advantage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Qi Gong DVD, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Qi Gong DVD (DVD)
I would certainly recommend it,even though I've not got as far as watching the 2nd DVD The first is easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Qi Gong DVD (DVD)
This is exactly what I wanted - a simple easy to follow DVD, done by experts in beautiful surroundings. The menu is excellent, being very easy to follow and meaning you can cut out all the unnecessary chatter once you know what you are doing. All the movements are described and shown in detail, but then you can move to just the sequence with prompts or just the sequence to music. It has both the traditional techniques of the 8Pieces of Brocade, plus the 5 Animals, which can be done separately or together. They also only last around 30 minutes, which is ideal for me time wise to be able to fit into my day. I have only just started doing these although did do Tai Chi for a long time some years ago, but already finding the benefits again. When I was looking for a DVD to start this at home again there were 2 or 3 good ones to choose from, and although I did buy 2 the other if far too long, wanting 40 minutes both morning and again evening. Highly recommend this above others advertised

Qi Gong DVD