5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
I've tried "remanufactured" and "compatible" cartridges on previous printers and they work OK at first, but I find their performance of print clarity decreases as they get used, so I've taken to looking for good deals on original carts and this (I think) is the best price around - unless you know different....
Published on 26 Dec. 2010 by K. D. Parsons

1.0 out of 5 stars Not original
Not original cartrtidge - comes in bubble wrap in a plain box - very misleading description and picture for this item.

Published on 22 Jan. 2013 by John King

1.0 out of 5 stars Not original, 22 Jan. 2013
This review is from: HP CE285A Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)

Update - Jan 2014 - just bought another HP CE285A Toner Cartridge - I do a lot of printing and have purchased a few of these cartridges in the last 18 months - the new cartridge arrived this morning - it is an original HP cartridge BUT it is not the full cartridge - it is the INTRODUCTORY cartridge that you get when you buy a new printer - it has much lower capacity than a proper HP replacement cartridge - I have received a few of these when I through Amazon - they always run out very quickly and continually prompt "Low Toner" and replace toner messages when printing.

The cartridge arrives without original packaging.

BUYER BEWARE - THIS LOOKS LIKE A CHEAP CARTRIDGE BUT IT WILL RUN OUT MUCH QUICKER THAN A FULL HP CE285 CARTRIDGE - DO NOT BUY !!!!! IT WILL COST YOU MUCH MORE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN.

1.0 out of 5 stars These are "compatible", not original, 8 Dec. 2011
I bought two of these cartridges which are described as HP items and speaking to Okobe they are adamant they are made by HP. But they are definitelynot of the same quanlity as the original equipment cartridge supplied with my printer. These units form Okobe come in a brown box (no problem with that), but the cartridge does not have any HP logo or state where it was made (the original HP cartidge has these markeings). The Okobe item also has a sticker which delares them to be "compatible" and not the original item they imply in their advertising.

The first replacement unit failed after about 20 sheets of paper and I have been promised a replacement but that hasn't been provided yet. After my first complaint to Amazon I got a swift call from Okobe customer services who made lots of nice, warm promises. But since then Okobe haven't sent me the promised replacement and they don't answer my emails.

The second cartidge which I was relucatantly forced to use is very inferior in print quality - I would describe it as mid grey rather than black, and a bit fuzzy. But at least this second cartridge has continued to work for about 200 pages so far. I use my old and faithful inkjet when I need a better quality print out.

So far I have one very expensive "compatible" low grade cartridge which has cost me far more that a genuine HP replacement. Live and learn...

1.0 out of 5 stars Printer purchased with Introductory Print Cartridge as is HP's policy ..., 15 Sept. 2014
This review is from: HP CE285A Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
Printer purchased with Introductory Print Cartridge as is HP's policy. When this ran out in Jan 2014 after approximately 700 pages printed, I ordered replacement from this seller and there was no indication that I would not be getting a normal 1400 page cartridge for my money, except that after placing the order I received the order confirmation which said "Open Box" and that "The item will be delivered without the original packaging to save postage and protect the environment". When this replacement ran out after only approximately 700 further pages printed I removed it and noticed that it, too, was an Introductory Print Cartridge as per the label on the cartridge. Naturally I feel ripped off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Genuine HP, don't buy, 19 May 2014
This review is from: HP CE285A Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
It appears that they are selling Genuine original HP in retail boxes, but beware - what you will get is some generic things in bubble packs. Communication is not brilliant, and somehow the courier sent to collect these for a refund was given the wrong collection address (you know - the one they DELIVERED it to in the first place!) - TWICE!
To be fair, I did get a refund even though they still haven't been to collect these yet, but I won't be buying from them again.

1.0 out of 5 stars It does not appear to be new, 24 Sept. 2013
This review is from: HP CE285A Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
When I put it into my printer it had dark and light patches as though it was running out of ink. I now have to shake it as though it was running out in order to get a reasonable printout.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor!, 18 July 2012
This review is from: HP CE285A Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
I am very aware that some compatable ink cartridges are not good and so i ordered this HP replacement. When i bought the printer of Amazon several months ago the cartridge it came with produced very sharp letters etc and i was very pleased. I inserted the replacement cartridge into my HP printer and after checking everything that should be removed was, I was very disappointed in the quality of cartridge. The letters it is producing is as if the ink is running out. I emailed the company that supplied it and after four days have heard nothing since their initial email. Very disappointed as this is the first time i have ever had a problem with anything bought on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 26 Dec. 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars The ink leaks onto the page!, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: HP CE285A Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
I do not believe this to be a genuine hp ink! Every page has some sort of ink mark on it...Don't get it! It's ruined a lot of important documents for me!

1.0 out of 5 stars My Printer displays Used Supply, 28 April 2013
This review is from: HP CE285A Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
1. Somehow my printer displays used supply since I install this new cartridge.
2. NO VAT receipts, so you can't claim back VAT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine HP Introductory Cartridge - Value for money, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: HP CE285A Toner Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
The product is not a full HP cartridge (it is an introductory cartridge similar to what is supplied upon purchase of the printer) however the price is the cheapest for a REAL HP cartridge. I know I can easily get more than 600 sheets from it (as from previous experience using the product and seller). Therefore I feel the price is fair for what the product offers.
I originally reviewed the product stating my concerns with the lack of a full cartridge, and the seller was quick to respond by sending a replacement cartridge, which I personally feel was unnecessary in my case. However this shows seller is conscientious and keen to please,and made my purchasing experience a pleasant one.
I would recommend this product as a value for money with good customer service and a GENUINE HP product!

HP CE285A Toner Cartridge - Black