4.0 out of 5 stars Will work in Lumie daylight clocks
I was a little doubtful about ordering when I saw some of the reviews, but I can confirm that these halogen bulbs appear to be a very acceptable alternative to the dedicated (and much more expensive) bulbs sold specifically for Lumie clock lamps. Recommended.
Published on 30 Dec. 2012 by Helen G

Published 22 months ago by Tiggyboots

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasted only 320 hours certainly not the claimed 2000 hours av life, 14 July 2013
This review is from: 2x Dimmable Energy Saving Halogen Candle 42w (Equivalent to 60w) SES (E14) (DIY & Tools)
I ordered one pack of 2 bulbs and started using them on 10 April 2013. One of the bulbs died by 25 June and considering that they are inserted into bedside lamps which are only turned on for maximum 4 hours each day, I reckon that gave me only 320 hours of use on one of the bulbs. The 2nd one is still working, i.e., say 400 hours - I hope it achieves the claimed 2000 hours and those interested, I'll try and remember to post a note when the 2nd one dies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Will work in Lumie daylight clocks, 30 Dec. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Light Bulbs, 25 May 2010
Mr. Russell Casey "R. P. Casey" (Birmingham,UK) - See all my reviews
I needed these bulbs as had just purchased two bed side lights. This price was the best price that I could find for two bulbs. I ordered them and got a swift delivery unbreakable packaging, They are really great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't handle with bare hands!!, 23 Oct. 2014
James B. Spink "Jim" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I bought a couple of these as spares for my Lumie sunrise lamp so they needed to be dimmable which these are. The quality seems as good as the Lumie branded products but the cost is much better. I will monitor the life and report back when the first one fails. Halogen bulbs need to be handled with care to get the longest life from them – don't touch with bare hands, either use a latex glove or a tissue; finger marks on the glass can cause hot-spots and reduce the bulbs life considerably.

4.0 out of 5 stars bright, 7 Jun. 2011
C. Cresswell (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
as the title of item states, these are 60w equivalent and certainly seem to be that bright. perhaps too much for a bedside lamp (40w is usually enough for that) but good enough as the main light in a small room.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Dimmable Energy Saving Halogen Candle bulbs, 11 Feb. 2013
Bought these for my Lumie Dawn Clock, at half the price of Lumie's bulbs. Excellent product at a good price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse piece of junk ever., 12 Jan. 2015
Let's make this clear. I hardly EVER review the products I buy simply because I don't feel the need to. This product however is a completely different story. Of all the products I've bought off Amazon none have been the poor of quality. I actually felt safe after seeing the number of stars this product had.

DONT BE FOOLED. I purchased this in October, 4 in total. When it first arrived one of them was smashed to pieces inside the box, I was like "oh well **** happens". So 3 of them should at least last me a long time right? WRONG. 3 of these things lasted for 4 months, the last one just shorted today and now I'm looking for replacements. 0/10 wouldn't buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 29 Mar. 2015
I'm actually using them in my cooker hood/extractor fan. Not what they're meant for but cheaper than the correct bulbs. They're also very slightly brighter than the original 40 watt bulbs which is what I was after. Not sure if the steam and fat will have an adverse effect but they've been fine for the last couple of weeks.

I must emphasise, as some others have pointed out: Don't handle halogen bulbs with your bare hands. Use cloth or tissue or something. Finger prints do seem to shorten their lifespan. P.s. Five days in the post.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, price and service., 22 Aug. 2011
I was looking for a replacement bulb for my dimmable alarm clock - the manufacturers charge a fortune for a dimmable bulb, but these do the job and are a quarter of the price. In addition they came really quickly and were well packaged.

1.0 out of 5 stars energy saving bulbs, 3 Mar. 2014
I bought. two bulbs one lasted seven days the other lasted one day. I am tempted to use the word crap whoops
have just done that.