on 31 July 2015
I bought this for my partner's bday as a bit of a joke present in March. Little did I know how serious he was going to take it! He planted the seeds and checked on them daily. We put the pot by a sunny window, and he watered it every day. We were quite lucky as it was pretty warm. Soon enough 5 little plants began to grow. With the warm weather, the plant grew tall very quickly and soon enough he had to re plant it in a bigger pot. We put the plant outside as soon as we. Noticed little flowers and around June time chillis grew! We have loads of chillis atm,but unsure of how big they need to grow before we pick them. The plant definitely needs to be re potted again, so my advice is to replant into a big pot as soon as the original is too small because right now my partner is worried about moving it. All in all a fantastic gift if you plant it at the right time and look after it!
review image
on 5 July 2012
I bought and planted this chilli kit last autumn (spring would have been better, but they managed OK). In a few days,four of the five seeds had germinated, and the fifth followed maybe a week later (this last plant hasn't grown as much as the others, probably due to their head-start allowing them to out-compete it for light. It seems healthy, but hasn't born fruit so far).

The kit really is all you need to grow chillies. The plants would probably benefit from re-potting before they get too big, but that's by no means essential; I've kept mine in the original pot and compost and they're doing fine. The four large plants have given me a good crop of chillies already, and show no sign of stopping. The fruit itself is pretty strong, certainly hotter than a mild chilli such as a Jalapeno (I've done some background reading, and the 'Apache' strain seems to be about level to wax peppers on the Scoville scale).

The only thing I can fault about this kit is the instructions. They are very basic, and while this won't matter to experienced horticulturists, a novice like me would benefit from a few more details. In particular, the instruction card doesn't mention that the fruit won't grow unless the flowers are pollinated (yes, in retrospect I should have thought of that!). This probably won't matter if you're growing your chillies somewhere that gets visited by flying insects, but mine are in a fairly sterile office environment, so I had to pollinate them with a pencil. That done, the flowers started to grow into fruit (you can tell if a flower's been successfully pollinated as the petals shrivel and fall off, but the central part of the flower remains and soon starts to grow).

All in all, I'd highly recommend this kit.
on 2 February 2011
Arrived very quickly, and I planted them straight away. I'm living in student accommodation so I needed a kit with everything included, and this really has got everything - even a bag to rehydrate the compost in. Three plants have already germinated (ahead of schedule) and have grown a good inch just in the last couple of days - they're being grown in a fairly dim room, just with a standard desk lamp shining on them, and tinfoil all around to maximise light, and I haven't even used the plant food that came with them yet.

I'd definitely recommend this kit to anyone who wants to grow chillis, the instructions make it totally fool proof. I chose this one for the good reviews (and because I'm from Devon) and it's brilliant - I've already been to their website to look for different kinds of chillis to grow.
on 28 May 2016
Its a super little kit that has everything that you need to grow chillies, even little bottle of chilli focus plant feed. It also comes with a little instructional leaflet that tells you the temperatures it needs and the stages of growth.
I was a little worried that the seeds wouldn't germination as I got a little excited and planted early (I think it being in my windows help a lot!), but all 5 of mine did and now I have little chillies growing on them now.

I always wanted to grow my own chillies and this kit allowed me to do that.
review image review image
on 28 October 2014
I've been growing my chilli plant for a few months now and it is huge and covered in green chillis! We also have a few red ones. I've tried the green ones and they're pretty hot. The plant isn't too hard to grow and seems reasonably hardy as it's survived the last few months under my care. My three and four year olds have also been fascinated watching the plant develop from a tiny seed. Very pleased with the purchase.
on 11 November 2015
This has been a BRILLIANT present particularly given the cost. We got FIVE plants from one kit, lined them up on the windowsill and they have all produced chillies which are VERY HOT! Getting some more now...
on 3 February 2016
As always 100% germination and I am sure they will go on to be fab plants with abundant chilli's! Simply follow the instructions….pop it on a windowsill and wait….some germinate faster than others…don't despair if it seems like only one or two have germinated at first…..be patient!
on 30 December 2015
This is amazing.

I bought this as a present for my boyfriend because he loves chillies. At first I was a bit dubious because there were only 5 seeds in the packet. BUT they ALL grew into big chilli plants and bore hundreds of chillies over the months. It genuinely was very exciting to see the plants grow and even better to eat something that we had grown ourselves. After about a year the plants stopped fruiting, but I would happily buy it again.

A great gift for someone - or even for yourself!
on 23 January 2013
Nice little kit, have had kits like this from other brands before and was disappointed for various reasons. This kit seems better quality and all of the seeds germinated and now all but one are doing well. So looking forward already to when i have my own chillies. Will update if any thing to add.

Too add 4 out of 5 plants have done really well and produced lots of fruit. Green the chillies have a fresh and very hot green taste to them, when they went to red they sweetened up. Excellent!
on 14 January 2016
Have been growing this for a while but it never produced any chillies. Its a big plant now. maybe I missed the season or maybe some manual handling is required? Unsure
UPDATE
My first chilli has just grown!! yaay
only took almost a year hehe but better late than never. happy
review image