Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 September 2010
There are two groups called Faust. Sharing original members and ideas , last years album of the year was C'est Com...Com...Complique by one version of Faust and this years album of the year .....is ,Faust is Last by the other version .

There are similarities between the two albums and as much as the ideas and sound overlap they are also miles apart. That this band exists (in two parts) is remarkable , that they can both still make music this powerful , this beautiful, to be on top of the game since their 1971 debut and still be ahead of the pack ,is nothing short of a miracle. 5/5 or 10/10 ESSENTIAL.
on 9 August 2013
Given that I already own a dozen or so Faust albums, this may very well be the last I buy (unless the surviving members get back together and do a proper release). I was not expecting very much, and first impressions were not particularly favourable. But I have gradually warmed to it, with the exception of a couple of clunkers (by Faust standards) already mentioned by other reviewers. The style of CD1 ("Faust A") is drum and bass heavy, but not up to the standard of, say, Ravvivando -- but then, that was a career best. CD2 ("Faust Z"), which I prefer, is quieter with more drone and reminds me very much of the Edinburgh Live album of 1997. As a valedictory release this pretty much stands up, but wouldn't be the one to start your collection with.