5.0 out of 5 stars Great product
If great care is taken with regard to polarity this is a god send to anyone that knows how to use it
Published on 31 Dec. 2010 by heppy

1.0 out of 5 stars faulty
Published on 25 Nov. 2010 by bean

1.0 out of 5 stars faulty, 25 Nov. 2010
bean (cambridge) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Universal AC/DC MAINS POWER ADAPTOR 300MA 3/4.5/6/7.5/9/12 VOLT (Electronics)
For all I know this is basically a good product, but I can only comment on the one I received. Used the 4.5 plug to power a portable radio, worked initially but on next use was completely dead. It's probably just the fuse, unfortunately the screw heads on the case are neither ordinary slotted nor phillips pattern. Don't know the name but it's like slotted head except with a raised bridge across the slot, or to put it another way like a raised 'H' shape. At any rate I don't have a suitable driver and I'm not sure how many people would have. Shame but fairly inexpensive item so there we are.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 7 Dec. 2010
Like me, you might be tempted by the price. Don't be - you will end up getting less than you paid for. My adaptor never worked at the right voltage and packed up almost immediately it was asked to do 12v. My advice would be to pay a little more on a better quality item. But then, I didn't listen to advice when I bought this so maybe you won't either!

1.0 out of 5 stars faulty goods, 29 Oct. 2010
I purchased this product a few weeks back and it was ok to start with but after about an hour it just stopped working.
The good thing was that I was refunded my money straight away without any problems

1.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I listen, 9 Aug. 2011
Ok ok, you told me. The reviews said that it would break after a couple of uses. Not me I thought, the company selling these would have read the reviews and ensured changes so that this would not happen again. Well, I was wrong. Read the reviews and then DO NOT BUY THIS!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work and was ignored when asked for refund, 25 Oct. 2011
I bought this adaptor for a portable dvd player. It didn't work for the player and just caused it to run strangely. I unplugged it and tried again and noticed that the red light on the adaptor no longer came on which indicated it wasn't working. I informed the supplier of this and that I'd found an alternative and would like a refund, but they sent me back some technical jargon and ignored my repeated requests for a refund. Very disappointing. Don't trust them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 31 Dec. 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid if you don't want to be disappointed, 19 Jan. 2011
This unit failed within hours of being put into use. The primary went open circuit, rendering any repair somewhat academic. Go for something a little better quality. This unit proves that you get just what you pay for!

3.0 out of 5 stars Matthew, 30 Mar. 2011
Does exactly what it's meant to, you can adjust the voltage and there is a limited selection of tips for the cable. Very fairly priced and it works well enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt work at 12v, 25 Aug. 2011
N. Mannion "Sortedguy" (Lancaster Lancs UK) - See all my reviews
Bought specifically to power an external hard drive (at 12v) the device doesnt do it. I tried it on a second external hard drive with the same result.

I used it on a 6v portable ipod dock/speakers set up and it works on that setting.

As I was looking for an adaptor for that device too then at least this product has its uses but it doesnt do both.

Buyer beware if you are seeking a 12v adaptor.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 31 Jan. 2012
I bought these adaptors to run my fibre optic trees, and not one of them worked properly. It looked the same as my original adaptor which was 12volt but it when i used the adaptor i bought the bulb only gave off a slight glow off the bulb, not nice strong colour down the optics. My original adaptor worked and a friend brought one of theirs around and it worked, the ones i purchased from Amazon were rubbish. And since it was over xmas and my mother has been very ill. I did not bother to return the adaptors, just do not feel like using your company again. I wasnt even going to bother saying anything but you keep asking, so there it is. I dont even give them a star, as my xmas wasnt colourful.