on 23 June 2013
A very moving film brilliantly acted out. Having visited Auswich and read some moving first hand examples of what these poor people suffered at the hands of the Nazi's and at times their own kind, perhaps this is a film we should all see at some stage.

A heavy topic but a great example of how one man succeeded to make amends for the terrible actions of his fellow German comrades. Well worth watching.
on 31 May 2012
HAVING JUST RETURNED FROM KRAKOW IN POLAND I HAD TO GET THIS . REALLY PLEASED I DID .. A TRULY HEART WARMING FILM BASED ON TRUE EVENTS . A NAZI SAVING THE JEWS FROM THE DEATH CAMPS THIS REALLY IS A MUST SEE FILM AND RECOMMENDED. VERY GOOD SCRIPT , AND DIRECTION (STEVEN SPIELBERG) MUSIC IS KEEPING WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF THE SCENES FILMED AND GREAT ACTING , THE BOUUS FEATURES ARE EXCELLENT .. A MUST SEE FILM
on 11 January 2016
Very good film
on 19 May 2013
I had always put off watching this film as I felt it would be too upsetting. After visiting Auschwitz this year I bought this film as I felt it couldn't be any more upsetting than what I saw there on my visit. It is upsetting, it is emotional, but it has to be seen as it is a wonderful film you'll never forget about man's inhumanity to man ans how some people did survive and lived to tell their stories.
on 17 May 2013
rec'd very quickly in the post, I think this is such a hard flim to watch, because it was based on fact, but saying that,
I do think that this be taught in every school in the UK in a history lesson, to show this to young people,over 13 year olds, hopfully would not let happen again,to any human being, in anyway shape or form.I would also recommend this seller, as deliverly was very quick.
on 4 July 2012
This film is so powerful, the black and white images only accentuates the subject matter. The horrific scenes of ghetto cleansing are terrifying. There is no relief from the sheer murderous vision of the Nazis. This should be shown in schools to keep the generations that follow us reminded of the evil that mankind is capable of. Liam Neeson excels in the title role, an unforgettable film.
on 8 November 2015
I was in Krakow on holiday recently. It was very moving to realise that this film had been shot in Krakow and that all the events portrayed happened there. The film was superbly shot in B&W which was appropriate. I don't think it would have had the same impact in colour. I can't say that I enjoyed the film but it was enthralling and I'm glad I have it so that I can watch it again.
on 8 December 2011
Only once in a long while does a film come out and that everyone says nice things, but one no-one will also ever forget. This movie is more than just something for us to watch for 3 hours and 17 minutes, it is something for us to never forget, to teach us a lesson and to remember those who died needlessly along with those who tried to help those same people survive.
on 1 February 2016