5.0 out of 5 stars A really enjoyable jigsaw that brings back many memories
It may seem a little unusual reviewing a jigsaw, but I thought I'd write a few words about how much I enjoyed this item.

I purchased this item for my father and I to do over the Christmas holidays. It is part of a series of four (ranging 1940-1970s), and there is also a similar "shopping basket" and "sweet memories" series, which also look good.

I...
Published on 5 Feb. 2011 by J. Gathergood

3.0 out of 5 stars poorly cut puzzle
I FOUND THIS PUZZLE NOT BRILLIANT MANY OF THE PIECES WHERE NOT CUT VERY WELL LEAVING SOME OF THE PICTURE RIPPED. I WONT BE BUYING ANOTHER GIBSONS PUZZLE WILL STICK WITH RAVENSBURGER MUCH BETTER QUALITY.
HOWEVER CANT FAULT THE SERVICE FROM AMAZON ORDERED THIS ON SUNDAY EVE AND IT ARRIVED BY MONDAY LUNCH TIME.
Published on 28 Oct. 2011 by busy mum

5.0 out of 5 stars A really enjoyable jigsaw that brings back many memories, 5 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Gibsons 1970s Toy Box Memories Jigsaw Puzzle (1000pieces) (Toy)

I chose this one because it has many toys, and merchandise of classic television series, that I grew up with. It has a great range of products in it, and it brought back a lot of memories. Also, with so many products shown, it is fun to concentrating on putting various areas together one at a time - particularly good for those who might find 1000 pieces a bit daunting.

I wouldn't usually splash out so much on paying for a jigsaw, but this one really appealed to me; it was money well spent, and I enjoyed doing it so much that I was sad when it was all completed(!). I've just gone to the other end of the range and ordered the 1940s one.
(I'd also like to see a 1980s version issued at some point, reflecting the popular toys and TV shows of my era).

4.0 out of 5 stars gibson 1970's toybox jigsaw, 13 Sept. 2010
Michelle Williams "shelby" (motherwell, UK) - See all my reviews
as usual gibson bring us another classic jigsaw this time to reminisce our 70's childhood and toys, doesnt disappoint

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fun, 25 Feb. 2011
These 'Memories' range from Gibson's are the best jigsaws in my opinion. Great fun to do and super quality. I'm on my way to getting the full set now, I do hope they bring more out.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Activity, 9 Jan. 2013
Was really looking forward to completing this gradually over Christmas reminding me of childhood memories. Turns out my son of 17, took a look and decided he was going to help! Trouble was started at 4pm and he wanted to finish it because it was so good that we continued till 3.45am!!! Next years challenge will be to do this in less time.

So the educational benefits, got my son away from his computer games was a bonus, but anyone can participate, electricity bill was reduced, family communication, small tasks set by my son to complete each area therefore a sense achievement, motivational drive to complete (check pieces are there husband did threaten to take one away as a joke), everyone wants to participate, team work led by son where we had fun and I became the child again with memories he took responsibility for seeing this puzzle completed as an adult... Good bonding marathon! Mean while the rest of family helped with dinner and the other chores around the house! Highly recommend getting those teenagers out of there rooms!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Gibson's puzzle, 12 Oct. 2011
The Robert Opie collection forms the basis of all the Gibson's 'Memories' series, which are drawn from his personal collections of memorabilia now based at the London Museum of Brands. The puzzles created from his collection are an amazing representation of packaging from the times, and are so curious in seeing how brands, labeling and packing changes (or doesn't change) over the years. We've done many of the puzzles in this series and all, without fail, have been excellent piece quality, really robust, no pieces missing, great images, really interesting subjects. We really like this series, and have almost all of them and will complete the series as we can!

3.0 out of 5 stars poorly cut puzzle, 28 Oct. 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars A happy jigsaw puzzler, 17 April 2012
David R. Wood (Great Malvern) - See all my reviews
This was the first jigsaw I have bought from Amazon and I was delighted with the process and speed of delivery. The jigsaw was exactly as I expected and my only gripe is that the price was higher than I was expecting. Amazon don't ever seem to discount their jigsaws by more than a few pence at best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood Memories!, 10 Jan. 2013
I have bought this as a gift for a friend who, like me, grew up playing with these toys. I can't comment on the quality as it was a gift but the picture is bright and more fun than a traditional landscape as it brings back happy childhood memories of forgotten toys and the good old days.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FUN, 18 Jun. 2011
Not too difficult, but still challenging. The quality of the pieces is excellent. Even when it`s finished, looking at all the toys brings alot of fun as some are remembered, some not. For me I`ll enjoy making this up time and time again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting family together, 29 Nov. 2011
This basic Monopoly is so good for getting the family away from electronics, screens, gadgets etc, and actually talking together, playing together, watching each others' mney go up, down, or both! Thoroughly recommended.

Gibsons 1970s Toy Box Memories Jigsaw Puzzle (1000pieces)
Used & New from: £53.00