Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 12 April 2010
This is a great debut. These boys look and sound like they just got off tour with Slaughter and hang out at Gazzaris with Dave Lee Roth. Seriously this is a real feel good hair metal cd. If, like me, you love '80s acts such as Poison, Crue, Tigertailz, Van Halen/Hagar or even some of the newer stuff like Hot Leg then these party boyz are the ones for you. They reference all manner of Glam rock the most noticeable being The Sweet and the aforementioned Poison/Tigertailz. If you look harder then you'll find DLR and the Crue.
Yes it's cheesy lyrics all the way but the hooks, licks and riffs on display are all worth your hard earned dosh. I've not given it 5 stars as there are a couple of fillers here, that said it's immensly enjoyable stuff that will have you digging out your spandex and dayglo vest.
Forget Steel Panther, this has been done with a genuine love for the genre, they ain't looking for a fast buck and a cheap laugh you won't find the smut here either.
on 24 April 2015
The first ever track I heard of Reckless Love was Fight, a song from the album Animal Attraction. This started my love of Reckless Love, you get all the thrills of 80's hair metal but with a modern kick in there! I loved that album so much I had to go out and buy this one and their latest and I am so glad I did, there is not one track I can find a fault in.
Opening with a catchy track like Feel My Heat, your expectations for the rest of the album are left extremely high. One More Time matches those expectations with a song that lyrically could be a sad one but like all 80's hair metal, the guitar riffs change it into something more light-hearted and singing along. Badass has cheek, I actually wasn't too mad on this one when I first bought that album but now I just can't get enough. Love Machine reminds of me of Cherry Pie buy Warrant in places, the chorus mostly - not in a way that it's ripping off that song but you get the feel that Reckless Love must have been influenced by Cherry Pie. Beautiful Bomb is like Hot from Animal Attraction, both a little bit more Pop than the rest of the tracks on the album. Romance is slightly slower as is the song Sex although that's not saying that they're bad, for me I often start off listening to these and then shuffle back to Feel My Heat as they can hold the album themselves. Back to Paradise has often been likened to Kiss which I can understand in a way as they do have ALOT of similarities but that doesn't put me off of listening to the song, I still love it. So Yeah and Born to rock are both great but in between them you get one of my favourite tracks on the album, Wild Touch. Personally I think it should have been placed earlier in the tracklisting of them album as not a lot of people listen to the full album but this one is really what 80's hair metal is about. I can just imagine Motley Crue writing a song like this, the fast pace with the bass guitar setting the basic rythm of the song, topped off with delicate guitar and even a keyboard in the chorus!
I'd suggest buying it, it's 80's hair metal 3 decades late!
on 20 August 2010
Buy this album if you love GLAM ROCK it will have you back in the 80s in no time at all, the songs are great even the cheesy worded ones and there sure are a few of those. These guys are on tour in the UK in September and I for one have tickets, if you love Kiss, Crue, Warrant, Poison and all those guys give this a listen you'll be back in Spandex and cowboy boots before you know it....
on 25 March 2010
Lets get this straight...I don't own this album yet! I'm basing this on tracks off Youtube. Beautiful bomb, romance and others. At first I thought it was a joke in the same style as Steel Panther. They certainly look the part of 80's hair metal and sound like it. They're from Finland (big lovers of metal/goth). Once I got my head around it I found the songs really enjoyable. Not trying to re-invent the wheel just making music for the fun of it. For fans of all things glam.
on 18 April 2010
Over the past few years with more and more bands taking advantage of the lack of music around, it seems like the 80s are coming back. firstly in the uk there was the punk styled hair metal of towers of london and then also the complete sleazy kid ego, but no europe more finland seem to want to reignite the 80s more then ever

The latest effort and the debut from reckless love send finland back to the top of the most metal country in the world. This album is pure 80s. This can fit very easily in with motley crue, van halen, poison, ratt etc.

I am basing this review on the songs from youtube. i have listened to the whole album on youtube, i cam across them in classic rock and it is completely me. I will be buying the album within the next week when i have the money. Anyone who is a fan of the cheesy 80s rock n roll invest in thid album you wont be dissapointed. bring on the 24th may for the london date. :)
on 14 January 2011
I bought this on the basis of the absolute classic song 'Sex' - previewed on the compilation CD in last month's Classic Rock AOR magazine. Opening with a great riff and culminating in a huge chorus, this song alone left me with high expectations for the whole album.
Despite a few high points, the overall album lacks consistency in its song writing and performance. Don't get me wrong, the guys can play, but every other song is 'B' side material.
That said, I look forward to their next outing - if they can replicate their song writing ability on 'Sex' - album number 2 could be quite special.
on 4 September 2011
All the classic 80's rock influences are here, and have been joyfully bound together in what can only be described as an album that ROCKS! It's not an epic, it doesn't have totally polished edges, and there are a couple of fillers, but overall it's what rock should be and makes you smile every time you hear it.

While it's unashamedly rooted in the 80's it may be testament to the band and the genre that it doesn't sound dated. There seems to be an awful lot of classic rock and glam metal bands coming out of scandinavia in recent years, and they don't half know what they're on about.

If you're a fan of Poison, G&R/LA Guns, and, unexpectedly, Def Leppard, and want them all merged into one feel good album then you'll be glad you spent your money on this. Their forthcoming new album is already firmly on the wish list.
on 22 September 2010
Fantastic Album taking me right back to my late 80's/early 90's rock scene, think early Poison, Motley Crue etc - you wont be disappointed!
on 26 August 2014
Absolutely love this band, Like my fellow 69 Eyes these guys rock my world completely !
1 amazing Finnish Band to match to many others, Buy the albums they are suburb :)
on 11 March 2016
absolutely great album full of brilliant songs! reckless love are a great glam band! For anyone who likes rock.