5.0 out of 5 stars Classic album on vinyl AND download for one price.
Published 14 months ago by Andy O'Boogie

2.0 out of 5 stars Immature musically
I appreciate how "breakthough" this album was but since I couldn't decide on a "Best of" I chose The Slider and Electric Warrior. The latter has more variation in songs - melody, rhythm and tempo and is much more musically mature. The recording quality is much better too. Unless you know you like TRex (not just the Hits) take care with your money on this one.
Published 18 months ago by SP Hawkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic album on vinyl AND download for one price., 4 Jun 2013
Andy O'Boogie (Widnes, Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Slider [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I wanted the remastered version for my IPOD and I wanted a decent vinyl copy for my collection. This ticked all the boxes. There is a card in the box with the web address to download the mp3 version. Once received I immediately downloaded and simply added to my Itunes library by playing a bit of each track. The remastered version sounds great, so clear. There are things going on in there I was not aware of. I also have an immaculate vinyl copy to look at while I listen (as I always had in the 70's). Wish I could do this with all the music I buy these days.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE SLIDER - T.REX, 12 July 2003
This review is from: The Slider: Remastered (Audio CD)
I WALKED A TEN MILE ROUND TRIP WITH JUST ENOUGH MONEY ON THE DAY THIS CAME OUT AND I HAVE CHERISHED IT EVER SINCE. THE PINACLE OF MARC'S CAREER ALONG WITH ELECTRIC WARRIOR A FABULOUS ALBUM WITH NO FILLERS, A CRACKING TIMELESS IMAGE ON THE COVER AND A SOUND STILL AS FRESH AS EVER. PLEASE BUY IT IF YOU DON'T OWN IT AND BUY IT AGAIN IF YOU DO.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is T.Rex!, 6 Mar 2010
This review is from: The Slider (Audio CD)
Marc Bolan,Mickey Finn,Steve Currie and Bill Legend,this is the ultimate 'Rex C.D. to buy,from 1967 'till 1977..Marc and his mate/s..gradually went from strength to strength..the follow up to this waas 'TANX'..also a top album..but the real top Two are 'Electric Warrior' 1971 and this 'The Slider'..T.rextasy!!...for hard core fans don't forget Marc's early accoustic partner 'Steve Took'that played major part in the early sound and the first Three L.P.s...From the single 'Debora' 1967 until the L.P. 'Dandy in the underworld' 1977.. the man was a funky sounding genius!
My all time fave track has to be 'Telegram Sam'1972. Please note that the four C.D. Hard back booklet '20th Century Supertar' is also available..perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all time favourite albums!, 6 Jun 2004
Mr. S. W. Roberts "Timelesswarrior" (Southport, Merseyside United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Slider: Remastered (Audio CD)
The first time I ever saw T.Rex was on Top of the Pops and they were singing Telegram Sam. The following Saturday I rushed out and spent my pocket money on that single. My copy has gone grey - its been played that often. As soon as The Slider came out I bought it. I love it and all these years later it still sounds like it could have been recorded today. Bolan was light years ahead of his time! All the tracks are great - I suppose my favourite track is Ball rooms of Mars. What a title for a song!
I recently bought Electric Warrior on SACD - its mixed by Visconti in 5.1. I wish that Visconti and crew would remix all the albums on T.Rex Hot Wax in 5.1 - that would be truely awsome!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb remaster of a classic T.Rex album, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Slider [VINYL] (Vinyl)
By 1972, Marc Bolan was a star. And he knew it too. Fronting his band T.Rex, he would beam at the tv cameras, winking, waving and poking his tongue out as they performed their latest hit.
The previous year had seen the beginnings of what was to be dubbed 'T.Rextasy' with the release of 'Electric Warrior', a majestic artful, groovy and fey record. Own that and 'The Slider' and you've a taste of T.Rex in its pomp.
This release is highly recommended for both music and vinyl fans. The vinyl is heavy and thick and the artwork is minimal and classy, replicating the original release.
And what a sound Tony Visconti has awoken in the recordings. Instruments have an amazing clarity, its like hearing the original with an amazing top and bottom end. The kick drum on Bill Legend's drums is like hearing his drums in a different light. There's a real power to the songs, but the vitality is bristling too. You can almost touch the sound. Thank you Sir Tony of Visconti. I doff my cap to thee.
The final cherry on the cake is the vinyl comes with a card inside, with a code, where you can download this remaster in MP3 format (320kbs), allowing you to have digital and vinyl pleasure as you see fit. A brilliant idea.
Only downside was that my vinyl was dusty and had fingermarks all over it. More glove use in the warehouse please.

5.0 out of 5 stars He danced his way out of the womb, 27 Jan 2010
Dr. Delvis Memphistopheles "FIST" (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Slider (Audio CD)
Marc the man, marc the demi god, he strutted and he preened into the 70's with the panache of a white Little Richard. Whilst the Zeus of the 20th C connected to an intense orgasmic rush, Marc introduced tease to his audience. The music shifts to a sleeze of a beat that had the young women of the early 70's entering a male bisexual planet where the past was rock and roll and the future was forever bright. The perfect antidote to the unrest and civil strife that marked the the 70's. Marc danced to his own cosmic beat, a teeny bop idol cast adrift as he sold his rock and roll to mammon, bereft when his fickle fans deserted him for ersatz and chintz. In 77 Marc became "punk".

I never appreciated Marc at the time. He was the teeny boppers idol, something your younger sister might be into and in the macho world of the 70's saying you like Marc Bolan would induce a boot between the legs so you could check your own manhood. David Bowie was acceptable for some reason but MArc was off limits. Slade were the mans band I remember having the badges. No one would question anyone's sexuality with a picture of Dave Hill in a tightfitting jumpsuit with his buck teeth, mascara coated eyes and lipstick pout staring from your lapel.

As per usual a friend turned me onto Marc. He was a big fan and dragged me to a convention where we watched Born to Boogie. After the experience I began to see what he was exploring, the purrr of a lovely white sleek slickbacked 70's sportcar with legs astride a Gibson Les Paul thrusting his sweat stained body into the collective memories of everyone who remembers the 70's. Marc sang at length about cars and sex, almost predicting his own demise.

This album is one of the best, a lost magical world which disappeared when punk erased the daydream and exposed the reality. Acid House and Hip Hop never ventured near planet Marc. This album is a beam of light from another time and another place, I am a convert and I ask you to let it in.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Slider and Tanx were the best albums, 22 Jun 2006
This review is from: The Slider: Remastered (Audio CD)
"Metal guru" was the song back in the 70's that inspired a lot of bands of the 80's.

I was totally overwhelmed by this song, although it wasn't a hit in my native country (Holland) Marc never liked to come to Holland, because the press didn't seem to like his music. (They only liked his acoustic material)

"Electric Warrior" may have given Marc and T. Rex a lot of success, it still reminds a lot to the old Tyrannosaurus Rex. On "The Slider" that feeling is gone: it is totally glam rock ! On this CD there are also some B-sides of the singles, like the hilarious "Lady". This album is a pop standard. Although there were lots of glamrock acts in the 70's, like Sweet, Gary Glitter, etc. etc., they cannot compare with the Bolansound of T. Rex. Lots of punkrock and newwave bands and 80's bands like Duran Duran were inspired by T. Rex.

Tony Visconti is responsible for the very clear sound on this album. And don't forget the "Turtles" Flo & Eddie for their background vocals. The follow up LP was a real album when it was released on vinyl ! It didn't contain any singles ! The song "Rapids" from that album is my all-time favourite song from Marc.

The Slider and Tanx are a must for music lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars After the boys of summer 72 have gone..., 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Slider [VINYL] (Vinyl)
13 years old.Holiday coach back from Bournemouth.Run from Birmingham Digbeth Coach Station to New Street HMV for day of release purchase-just made it before closing time.Back home,tape to cassette player,Next day, coach to second hols in Weymouth,The Slider played through single cream-plastic mono earphone all the way.
I have every audio permutation of this classic release but none will match the beauty of the above.
Thanks boys for making Summer 1972 brilliant.Live in June at Birmingham Odeon helped too...

5.0 out of 5 stars Bolan Boogies On, 3 Jun 2007
DavyA (Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Slider: Remastered (Audio CD)
Marc's first EMI record & the follow up to the iconic "Electric Warrior". A fantastic record featuring the No1's "Telegram Sam" & "Metal Guru",along side classics such as "Spaceball Ricochet". The remastered edition also has the truly marvellous "Thunderwing".

A really enjoyable, entertaining record & to many fans, his second best only to "Electric Warrior".

Marc was at the top of the tree when this record came out & it shows...absolutely brilliant stuff from a truly superb but still hugely under appreciated British pop genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars "To be or not to be, that is the Slider!", 20 Sep 2005
This review is from: The Slider: Remastered (Audio CD)
Mini Comment: T.Rexs 'The Slider' is a great album. Possibly my fave of all time!
My Review: I bought this album bout a week and a half ago. I ordered it off '[...] (cause it was cheaper than amazons...no offence)
When it arrived i was sooooo excited! So i opened it and it looked amazing! I had never seen anything like it! The packageing was great!
But i knew that i shouldn't judge it by its cover so i put it on. Metal Guru was on 1st which I was fimilair with. The sound qulity was great!
I worked my way through the album. Listening to instant faves like Metal Guru, The Slider, Spaceball Ricochet, Telegram Sam, Baby Strange and Chariot Choogle! And I loved it! I needed to listen to it again, again and again! Then i loved all of them!
I had to admit though, i was a bit hesitant at getting it. After seeing 2 reviews on this website saying it was "tired and formulaic"...THEY WERE SO WRONG! Do not pay any attension to those reviews! Electric Warrior and The Slider are completely different albums. Sound very different.
My fave songs would probably be all of them! Cause all of them could've been smash hits!
Overoll thought: 5 stars! Perfect! One of the greats!