5.0 out of 5 stars Top class batteries
I was delighted to stumble across these Duracell Lithium batteries as in the past there was only one other major brand of lithium battery that was widely available. Duracell is a brand that inspires confidence and these batteries don't break that rule.

Published 20 months ago by Paul Madge

3.0 out of 5 stars Lithium Batteries for camera
Non rechargable they don't seem to last very long in a small camera they seem expensive for the increase in time, rechargables look like a much better deal
Published 3 months ago by P. Coney

5.0 out of 5 stars Top class batteries, 17 Nov 2012
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Duracell Ultra LF1500 Lithium AA Batteries - Pack of 4 (Accessory)

I use these batteries in my trail camera in the hope of capturing some interesting wildlife shots. The camera does exert quite a high load on its batteries as it is effectively on standby all the time, and, when triggered, it uses infra red flash. I've tried using rechargeable batteries in the trail camera but found they didn't last long and are less reliable in low temperatures. Temperature has not proved a problem for these Duracell Lithium cells and they've lasted ages longer than the rechargeables (as you'd expect), plus, they have a shelf life of many years as well as being noticeably lighter than alkaline cells.

Yes, they cost a lot more, but if you have mission critical application then I don't think you'll do much better than these Duracell Lithium LF1500s for temperature resilience and longevity. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Alkaline is some circumstances, 27 Aug 2012
J. Pratt (Suffolk) - See all my reviews
Comparing a part used pack of Duracell Ultra (Lithium) cells to a similar pack of Duracell Plus (Alkaline) cells gave the following results:

1. Despite what Duracell say the lithium cell has a voltage of 1.7 not 1.5. This may not sound a big difference but it means the energy in the battery is 13% higher before you consider the capacity.
2. The capacity is only slightly more than the best alkaline.
3. The weight is 30% less than alkaline.
4. The shelf life is usually much more than alkaline cells which are already pretty good, say 10 years rather than 3 years.
5. Compared to alkaline the lithium cell has a 30% lower internal resistance which means the energy in the cell can be used by the camera or whatever rather than going to heat up the cell.
6. Whether you get more hours use per pound of cost depends on exactly how much you pay for each type of cell.

For sophisticated portable products such as cameras, (subject to the manufacturer's recommendations), that can make use of the extra voltage and are left on the shelf for long periods it is probably worthwhile using lithium cells. In old style torches with an ordinary bulb the higher voltage will make the torch look brighter but the bulb will last many fewer hours

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BATTERY BUY, 4 May 2013
These are the only batteries that last any length of time in my camera. Consistently great performance - they are unbeatable!

4.0 out of 5 stars Batteries, 28 Mar 2013
These were bought for my digital camera and out lasted any others that i bought..Very pleased with my purchase and with the service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Duracell Lithium batteries, 23 Nov 2012
They are batteries. They work well, and give me longer power on my golf GPS. A good buy for what I want.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY Long lasting at a fair price (from Amazon seller), 9 Nov 2012
D. J. Pearce (Redditch) - See all my reviews
Update - 02/01/13

Well now, I really am pleased to update my review!

We went on a 3 week holiday at the end of November and took our Panasonic Lumix camera with us. It's just a pocket sized digital camera although it has some nice features - but we take "snaps" - certainly nothing professional. As I said earlier, I had progressed to using Duracell Ultra Power but still suffered the annoying power run-out which always happens when you really want to take pictures... So I put in an empty SD card and a new set (of 2) of these batteries and set the camera to take the highest quality pictures. We took an unbelievable 463 photos and there's still power left - we took a few with flash yesterday - no problem.

So I now thoroughly recommend these lithium batteries for camera use!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My original posting:=

First, the price: -

Wow... Argos today 09/11/2012 are showing 1 x Pk-4 at 8.49 with no multiple discount. But I bought 5 x packs for 22.89 from Amazon Seller Battery Warehouse. This price included 5% multi-pack discount and they even gave me a 2.00 refund when I pointed out that the price had gone up while I was waiting for it to come back into stock. Now, that's very honest and genuine customer service! And the nett price worked out at an extremely competitive 3.78 post paid - 55 percent cheaper than Argos! So Battery Warehouse have a new regular customer!

Now the battery quality: -

I have a Panasonic Lumix digital camera that "eats" normal Duracell but lasts considerably longer with Duracell Ultra Power. So far I am very impressed with these lithium batteries. I've found that the camera "wakes up" a couple of seconds quicker and power is maintained when taking 4 or 5 flash pictures on the trot.

The camera is going to get a hammering in November so later on I will update this review with the results of intensive performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars CAMERA BATTERY LIFE, 24 Aug 2012
If your camera uses AA batteries these are far superior to any other alkaline or rechargeable battery.Very long storage life and economic to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Duracell lithium batteries, 6 April 2013
These batteries are well worth the extra cost above ordinary batteries as they last approximately four times longer. I wouldn't go back to the normal everyday batteries ever again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bags of power, 1 Dec 2012
Rowland G. Greer (Chelmsford.UK) - See all my reviews
I like Lithium batteries so does my camera.. nothing more annoying than the batts going down in the middle of a shoot !!!! no I'm only taking snaps ,not a pro,but they are still important to me

5.0 out of 5 stars BOY DO THESE BATTERIES LAST AND LAST AND THEN LAST SOME MORE., 1 July 2011
Mr. Leonard Wells (UK) - See all my reviews
Yes guys and gals you can't buy a longer lasting battery. I had 4 in my Fuji Film camera for nearly 4 months and they never failed. Only problem is you have to throw them in the bin when they are finished. Go for rechargeable.The best are Sanyo Eneloop bar none!