5.0 out of 5 stars Top class batteries
I was delighted to stumble across these Duracell Lithium batteries as in the past there was only one other major brand of lithium battery that was widely available. Duracell is a brand that inspires confidence and these batteries don't break that rule.

Published on 17 Nov. 2012 by Pepper

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for every gadget
Although these batteries are very good they did not last in the weather station for more than one week, used a power supply from the mains. they arrived within the estimated delivery date no problem not expensive good buy but watch the intended gadget for power consumption.
Published 22 months ago by Mr. R. E. Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Top class batteries, 17 Nov. 2012
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Duracell Ultra LF1500 Lithium AA Batteries - Pack of 4 (discontinued by manufacturer) (Accessory)

I use these batteries in my trail camera in the hope of capturing some interesting wildlife shots. The camera does exert quite a high load on its batteries as it is effectively on standby all the time, and, when triggered, it uses infra red flash. I've tried using rechargeable batteries in the trail camera but found they didn't last long and are less reliable in low temperatures. Temperature has not proved a problem for these Duracell Lithium cells and they've lasted ages longer than the rechargeables (as you'd expect), plus, they have a shelf life of many years as well as being noticeably lighter than alkaline cells.

Yes, they cost a lot more, but if you have mission critical application then I don't think you'll do much better than these Duracell Lithium LF1500s for temperature resilience and longevity. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Alkaline is some circumstances, 27 Aug. 2012
J. Pratt (Suffolk) - See all my reviews
Comparing a part used pack of Duracell Ultra (Lithium) cells to a similar pack of Duracell Plus (Alkaline) cells gave the following results:

1. Despite what Duracell say the lithium cell has a voltage of 1.7 not 1.5. This may not sound a big difference but it means the energy in the battery is 13% higher before you consider the capacity.
2. The capacity is only slightly more than the best alkaline.
3. The weight is 30% less than alkaline.
4. The shelf life is usually much more than alkaline cells which are already pretty good, say 10 years rather than 3 years.
5. Compared to alkaline the lithium cell has a 30% lower internal resistance which means the energy in the cell can be used by the camera or whatever rather than going to heat up the cell.
6. Whether you get more hours use per pound of cost depends on exactly how much you pay for each type of cell.

For sophisticated portable products such as cameras, (subject to the manufacturer's recommendations), that can make use of the extra voltage and are left on the shelf for long periods it is probably worthwhile using lithium cells. In old style torches with an ordinary bulb the higher voltage will make the torch look brighter but the bulb will last many fewer hours

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY Long lasting at a fair price (from Amazon seller), 9 Nov. 2012
D. J. Pearce (Redditch) - See all my reviews
Update - 02/01/13

Well now, I really am pleased to update my review!

We went on a 3 week holiday at the end of November and took our Panasonic Lumix camera with us. It's just a pocket sized digital camera although it has some nice features - but we take "snaps" - certainly nothing professional. As I said earlier, I had progressed to using Duracell Ultra Power but still suffered the annoying power run-out which always happens when you really want to take pictures... So I put in an empty SD card and a new set (of 2) of these batteries and set the camera to take the highest quality pictures. We took an unbelievable 463 photos and there's still power left - we took a few with flash yesterday - no problem.

So I now thoroughly recommend these lithium batteries for camera use!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My original posting:=

First, the price: -

Wow... Argos today 09/11/2012 are showing 1 x Pk-4 at £ 8.49 with no multiple discount. But I bought 5 x packs for £ 22.89 from Amazon Seller Battery Warehouse. This price included 5% multi-pack discount and they even gave me a £ 2.00 refund when I pointed out that the price had gone up while I was waiting for it to come back into stock. Now, that's very honest and genuine customer service! And the nett price worked out at an extremely competitive £ 3.78 post paid - 55 percent cheaper than Argos! So Battery Warehouse have a new regular customer!

Now the battery quality: -

I have a Panasonic Lumix digital camera that "eats" normal Duracell but lasts considerably longer with Duracell Ultra Power. So far I am very impressed with these lithium batteries. I've found that the camera "wakes up" a couple of seconds quicker and power is maintained when taking 4 or 5 flash pictures on the trot.

The camera is going to get a hammering in November so later on I will update this review with the results of intensive performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars CAMERA BATTERY LIFE, 24 Aug. 2012
If your camera uses AA batteries these are far superior to any other alkaline or rechargeable battery.Very long storage life and economic to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BATTERY BUY, 4 May 2013
These are the only batteries that last any length of time in my camera. Consistently great performance - they are unbeatable!

5.0 out of 5 stars super long life batteries, 28 Oct. 2013
My Apple Magic Mouse was supplied with top brand alkaline batteries which lost, on average, 1% capacity per day. I next used rechargeables which lost 5% per day. I then bought these Duracell lithiums which, after a couple of months, are still showing 100% capacity. I know that this is not a scientific comparison of different battery types but, as far as I am concerned, the vastly improved longevity more than compensates for the high price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Batteries, 28 Mar. 2013
These were bought for my digital camera and out lasted any others that i bought..Very pleased with my purchase and with the service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Duracell Lithium batteries, 23 Nov. 2012
They are batteries. They work well, and give me longer power on my golf GPS. A good buy for what I want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Duracell lithium batteries, 6 April 2013
These batteries are well worth the extra cost above ordinary batteries as they last approximately four times longer. I wouldn't go back to the normal everyday batteries ever again.

5.0 out of 5 stars They're batteries - can't say more than that, 27 Aug. 2013
GDD (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
When buying batteries my prime concerns are that they are a good make and the right size. After that it's down to the seller to get them to me within a reasonable time period, undamaged. Another factor is the postage rate: because I live in Northern Ireland I sometimes see a surcharge applied which I think is seriously unfair as we are part of the UK and easier to get to than the Scottish Highlands.

This seller has obviously satisfied all my requirements and can expect repeat business from me in the future.