5.0 out of 5 stars Fab
I read Fourteen Days Later on a plane to Orlando. There's nothing like being stuck in a flying can to concentrate your mind on a good book. It made the flight fly by :)
Published on 14 Sep 2011 by Joo

1.0 out of 5 stars Predictable and disappointing
I was looking for some funny chick-lit in the vein of Marian Keyes to download, and this title had great reviews. What a disappointment. The book is so predictable and the main character is completely clueless, frankly it is insulting to women. Here is a woman who has practically every man she meets chat her up. In what universe does that happen? The love interest is...
Published 17 months ago by G. L. Burden

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 14 Sep 2011
Joo "kuforum" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fourteen Days Later (Helen Grey Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I was really taken in by Helen's character and was willing her to have a happy ending. In this type of book you can guess the ending practically from the start, but it's all about the journey. And what a journey it was too.
I think this book was more interesting with the different nationalities / customs. I'm so used to "white" characters that I rarely come across and appreciate the differences in customs that can cause hilarious misunderstandings.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very lovely romantic comedy, 25 Aug 2011
This review is from: Fourteen Days Later (Helen Grey Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I'm really not sure where to start with this. I thought it was absolutely wonderful! Helen has decided to take up the challenge of trying a new thing every day for two weeks after being let down by her boyfriend. Along the way she learns new things about herself and finds love is sometimes nearer to home than you think.

I found it very very funny. I was laughing out loud in places and my partner was giving me some very odd looks. I so identified with Helen. I loved her clumsy disaster prone nature (very like myself!) it made her very endearing and lovable.

All in all another good one from this author. I am now off to read the sequel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, enjoyable fun, 21 Jun 2011
This review is from: Fourteen Days Later (Helen Grey Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I love this book! Haven't we all read those articles in Women's magazines and scoffed at them! Fourteen Days Later is about Helen, who has taken 6 months to get over her cheating ex-boyfriend, and whose friend Ayshe persuades her to "Change Her Life in Fourteen Days" as their magazine suggests - all while preparing for Ayshe's wedding. Helen is hilariously accident prone - her antics made me laugh out loud, especially the boob hanging out of her swimming costume at the spa!
The characters are brilliantly written, and I really got caught up in the story. Sibel Hodge is a real breath of fresh air in the chicklit world, a great discovery, and I can't wait for her next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny read, 3 July 2013
Evelyn Shirley Millington "teddybearlady" (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fourteen Days Later (Helen Grey Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. It really made me chuckle a lot and the story is good. Will definitely read more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Fourteen Days Later (Helen Grey Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book, as I was coming to the end of the book I was gutted, however that soon changed when I realised there was a follow on book. I read the next book also and must say I really enjoyed both books.. One of the best books I have read, thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put it down!, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Fourteen Days Later (Helen Grey Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Fab, funny, it came in the bath with me, to bed with me, everywhere until I finished it (3 days in fact bearing in mind work 9 hour shifts too) I could go on and on! Really reminded me of Marian Keyes books, lol throughout! Would defo recommend a read, and for the price a bargin! Just started reading the follow up to it, look forward to more reads from this Author, enjoy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars fourteen days later, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Fourteen Days Later (Helen Grey Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
this book is so funny.had to buy the follow up which is just as funny.had to look up authors other books as well

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Fourteen Days Later (Helen Grey Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is one of the best books I've read for a long time I was laughing all the way through a really good story as well I didn't want it to end

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not often that a book can make me laugh out loud., 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Fourteen Days Later (Helen Grey Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
With the exception of Terry Pratchett, very few authors have the ability to make me burst out laughing but Sibel managed it a number of times. Some readers may find Helen's clumsiness somewhat far fetched but, as someone with a medical condition which causes poor proprioception (it means I can't really judge where body parts are, if I'm not actually looking at them) I found her awkwardness easy to relate to. I tend to be very stingy with my ratings and almost never award 5 stars. I will definitely be purchasing more of this set and looking at other work by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great fun read, 2 Sep 2013
Lucy Franchi (Torrevieja Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fourteen Days Later (Helen Grey Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Bought this book and really had fun reading all the scrapes Helen got into and loved the fact that her true love was her friend first and foremost - great story going to buy next one my Perfect Wedding