4.0 out of 5 stars Aerobed quality
Published on 27 Sep 2011 by JDE of Huntingdon

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy.
Bought this item 3 weeks ago for camping holiday. One half of the mattress burst a hole after only 4 days. Slept on floor in turns with my husband for the rest of the holiday. Very very poor quality at that price, do not buy. Fortunately outstanding customer service from Amazon as usual so got a full refund but it's a shame it spoilt the holiday.
Published 4 days ago by froggie

4.0 out of 5 stars Aerobed quality, 27 Sep 2011
This review is from: AeroBed Active Plus Double Airbed (Sports)
I have been very impressed with the ease of inflation (about 40 secs) and virtually no loss of air even if the bed is used for a week or more. Well worth the slightly higher cost as compared with some of the competition. My only crib is that the battery technology used in the pump is not up to date - hence the pump cannot be "topped up" and therefore be always ready for use. It must be totally discharged before recharging or will suffer from the "Memory Effect".

5.0 out of 5 stars Aerobed Active Plus, 2 Aug 2012
This review is from: AeroBed Active Plus Double Airbed (Sports)
Since purchasing this bed we have used it for camping and a sleepover bed for visitors. Everyone comments on how confotable it is. It's the first airbed we've had that does not lose air during the night, or for that matter a whole week on our last camping trip. We can get two inflates out of the pack, but then it needs recharging again. We are delighted with this product and would highly recommend it. Best airbed ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, 23 Sep 2011
This review is from: AeroBed Active Plus Double Airbed (Sports)
Bought in a hurry and what a fabulous buy. This Aerobed is so comfortable I would sleep on it instead of my own bed. It did not loose a bit of air the whole 7 days we were away. My friend who was with us, (sleeping in our caravan) ordered one upon her return we raved on about it that much. Don't delay buy today !!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy., 24 Aug 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Camping envy, 17 Sep 2012
This review is from: AeroBed Active Plus Double Airbed (Sports)
I borrowed one of these from a friend and it was soooo good that i had to buy one for myself. I have had a number of air beds over the years and have been let down by them all. The Aerobed does not seem to be limited by the same build quality issues that the others i have tried have. This is a double bed but it is inflated as two seperated beds so you can have them a different pressures and seems to over come issues around one partner being a significantly different weight than the other. The best bit though is that it self inflates in literally a couple of seconds. I would definitely recommend!

2.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic nights sleep until it split!, 29 Aug 2012
This review is from: AeroBed Active Plus Double Airbed (Sports)
Very comfortable and quick to inflate. Only used for a 2 week camping break and then a long weekend. The seam between the two valves split on the second use leaving me on the cold floor half way through the night!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 27 Aug 2012
This review is from: AeroBed Active Plus Double Airbed (Sports)
I previously had a queen sized Aerobed which was very comfortable and inflated really quickly. However it started leaking within a year - I located a puncture (no idea how this had occured, it was only every used indoors on carpeted surfaces, I remain suspicious!). The puncture repair kit was useless, and the leak didn't seem to be stemming from the only puncure I could find anyway. As I'd lost the receipt I had to throw the mattress out.

I needed to get a replacement this year and decided to give Aerobeds the benefit of the doubt and ordered this one. I took the mattress out of its wrapping for the first time, inflated it on a completely clean surface and within ten minutes one of the single halves of the mattress was deflating. I checked the seal was closed correctly and tried again with the same result. The first time I used this mattress! Complete rubbish, don't waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your money, 8 April 2012
This review is from: AeroBed Active Plus Double Airbed (Sports)
I agree with everthing the other 2 people say about this bed, it's comfy, it inflates quickly, quietly, yes I was very pleased, using it at home for guests and camping. Imagine my dissapointment when it punctured (Trust me I was very careful with it, afterall it is only an airbed)
That aside it would have been ok but I contacted the manufacturer only to be told "your contract is with the retailer, nothing we can do". Unfortunately I no longer had the receipt so could do nothing but try to fix it myself which after the 3rd attempt sealing what I thought was the leak with no success, had no choice but to chuck it in the bin.
In my opinion, you pay extra for quality and it is my experience that you dont get any better quality for you money with this, what I would describe as fairly top of the budget range airbed. I suggest you consider just buying a cheaper version as this is not one product where you get what you pay for.

AeroBed Active Plus Double Airbed