4.0 out of 5 stars Really good wendy house
Published on 27 Mar. 2011 by mummyBGO

1.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but completely broken within 3 months!
Published on 22 May 2011 by Mum of 3 and 4 year olds

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good wendy house, 27 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Puppy Lane Cottage and Dog (Toy)
Having read a couple of reviews that didn't really rate this product, I was pleasantly surprised by how nice it was, and sturdy enough for my 4 year old to snuggle up in and take in all her dolls. It folds back down neatly into the box and is straight forward to erect. It looks exactly as it does in the pictures and the dog and the kennel are a great addition. The house opens up in half and closes together making it a great hidey hole! the door is a stable door with a cat flap and letter box so a lot of interest and play value. I would recommend this play house and don't be put off by other reviews. I don't know what some people expect from a play house! I did buy this in the sale otherwise it would've been a pricey play house but that's the only downside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect present, 30 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Puppy Lane Cottage and Dog (Toy)
I bought puppy lane cottage for my little girls 1st birthday because she had a load of toys suitable for babies and I thought she'd grow into this as she headed toward her next birthday but she absolutely loves it now.
It is recommended for older children but in my opinion it's proportions are tiny and I think an older 3+ child would struggle to get through the door.
She adores going in and out through the split door and playing peepo through the various windows and doors and the dog that comes with it is also great for small children as the eyes and nose are embroidered rather than plastic parts so nothing can be swallowed.
The quality is lovely, it appears to be a digital print on the canvas but it's extremely colourful and pretty it has 2 windows which both have fabric curtains in them and was easy to assemble, although I don't think the plastic poles would take much to break.

4.0 out of 5 stars great role play fun, 31 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Puppy Lane Cottage and Dog (Toy)
i bought this for my 2 and 1 year old daughters and its absolutely great, we all play "house" together as it can open out to accomodate more than 1(especially if mum wants to play too), it has realistic curtains which tie back or close, a letter box for the postal set that can be bought as an add on, a pet flap and stable style door,and doggy and a kennel, which teaches them to care and look after things as they groom and feed him, there are many more accessories to build your little ones dream home, we have the kitchen which my 2yr old loves this comes with a little mouse peeping from the bottom (although im not sure how many kitchens would want one of these?),she loves playing mum and making us all tea while the younger one sits and waits on the sofa which is also an accessory that can be bought, with a cat that comes with it. as my two are close in age ive found it great as something they can do together, they are not too hot on sharing with each other but i think theyve found its more fun to play in twos which is good for me too.
i would highly reccommend this, i only wish theyd made things this good when i was a girl!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but completely broken within 3 months!, 22 May 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Puppy Lane Cottage and Dog (Toy)
Bought puppy lane cottage for daughter's 3rd birthday in march. She and her 4 year old brother absolutely love it but as it is so flimsy, it tends to fall over to one side when they move around inside (as most kids would). This has resulted in the poles snapping and despite being fixed by brown tape, the next time it falls they snap again or in a different place. Two and half months later we have had enough of fixing it every time after they play and have decided to throw it out. Don't know why the poles arent made of sturdier material. We got it for £40 in sale - very pleased we didnt pay the full price of £70! Probably good for quiet little girls that dont move around much but if they do, definitely not worth it! Next time will buy pop up without poles!

5.0 out of 5 stars Puppy lane cottage, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Puppy Lane Cottage and Dog (Toy)
My daughters both enjoy this one is 10 years and the other 18 months best buy for a long tome

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it!, 22 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Puppy Lane Cottage and Dog (Toy)
We bought the cottage for our 15-month-old daughter for Christmas and relatives added the kitchen set and garden set. From the start she has adored it and it promotes lots of different imaginative play: grooming the animals, putting things in the washing machine or cooker, watering the flowers or insisting that we knock on the door so she can let us in! We use it opened out as shown in the pictures, which gives lots of play space, especially when Mummy's in there too! When our daughter's 6-year-old cousin came to visit, she wanted to put the two halves together to make a 'real house', and the two of them played in there beautifully together although the space is pretty limited like that. It's well thought-through with nice touches like real curtains and magnet closures for the stable-style door. The construction is plastic poles fixed together with angled plastic joint pieces, with a nylon fabric cover. It's easily assembled and packs away very neatly - if you don't want to completely dis-assemble it, one half of the house fits inside the other and all the accessories fit inside that so it's pretty space-friendly. The size and level of detail is perfect for toddlers; older children might find it too basic. Some reviews have criticised it for being flimsy but so long as you're clear on what you're getting, it's great - and in my opinion much better value than some of the extortionately expensive rigid play houses. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was pleased with this it was nice and easy to put ..., 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Puppy Lane Cottage and Dog (Toy)
I was pleased with this it was nice and easy to put together and my Niece loved it. The only thing was the two halves don't stay together all that well when one boisterous 3 yr old is playing inside. Saying that the plastic frame is good and bendy and it appears well made. I hope she will have many years of fun with her house and the two halves stack inside each other to get them out of the way when not being used. All in all very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter has moved in permanently, 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Puppy Lane Cottage and Dog (Toy)
My 3 year old daughter LOVES this house. As it states, it comes in two parts which is brilliant. I have though tied the two sides together, because she prefers it this way, and it is now a very sturdy house. They exterior and interior of the house itself is gorgeous also. If you have a small person who loves hiding and having their own wee space then I would recommend you snap one of these up quickly as I believe they are being discontinued.

1.0 out of 5 stars Gutted!!!!!, 11 July 2011
This review is from: Puppy Lane Cottage and Dog (Toy)
My daughter's second birthday was ruined as we got this for her and we couldnt even errect the house as Half of the poles were misssing.told by dispatching company that they couldnt replace it but offered me HALF my money back!!! PFFTT!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Puppy Lane Cottage and Dog (Toy)
A great wendy house with the option to have it open into two halves. This is great if you, as an adult, ever had to spend time in an actual wendy house with child/children- more air available! The dog is a nice touch as are the curtains, butterfly, letterbox etc... I would buy this again and am happy with the quality. The plastic poles won't last forever but I'm sure they could be replaced if need be. I love it.

Puppy Lane Cottage and Dog