5.0 out of 5 stars A delicious interlude
I'm a big fan of short stories, they're just the thing when you only have time for a brief escape and I really enjoyed this series of Regency set tales. They have a unifying theme, the action taking place at a lavish Midsummer Eve Ball, with lots of witty dialogue and period atmosphere. My particular favourite was Blue Figured Silk and involved a Rake. Or is he?
Published on 12 Jan 2011 by Kindle addict

1.0 out of 5 stars Poppycock.
This is poorly researched, full of anachronisms and not worth considering. Set against Georgette Heyer, it really is rubbishy stuff.
Published 16 months ago by Dr. D. Rowland

5.0 out of 5 stars A delicious interlude, 12 Jan 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious little treats, 1 Mar 2012
This review is from: Midsummer Eve at Rookery End (Regency House Romance Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed these lovely stories. Perfect for reading before bed - not too long or too short. Romantic and beautifully written.

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific trio of short stories, 23 Mar 2013
I'm not usually a fan of short stories but, having read other work by Elizabeth Hanbury, I knew I was in for a treat. I was right. Beautifully crafted and cleverly themed, these three stories were like Belgian chocolates - rich and satisfying - and you only needed a taste to be satiated! Recommended.

I know the author personally. I was not given a free copy to review, nor was I obliged to give a positive review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 19 Feb 2011
I'm a big fan of short stories but these are not my usual taste. Not being a lover of historical romances I was pleasantly surprised. The stories are well written and the setting is well captured. I was left wishing that each story had been far longer. Highly entertaining light reading. If you enjoy light romances and historical fiction then this is the book for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good short stories, 22 April 2014
I have just found this author. I enjoyed these little short stories. Just a bit of fun really. The premise is love at first sight and it seems to work reasonably well here. These are well written and complete in themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Regency Romances, 23 Jan 2014
As ever Elizabeth Hanbury has produced some perfect Regency escapism. I love her detail, loveable characters and humour. She is one of Heyer's worthy successors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful collections of short stories!, 9 Dec 2013
It must be very difficult to write a novella. I'm more given to a full length story, but given I have already read some of Miss Hanbury's full lenth novels, A Midsummer's Eve at Rookery End has a beautiful title and engrossing collection of stories too.

This edition has five stories and the last was my favourite, although all of them are strong in detail, character development and Miss Hanbury's trademark wit.

I enjoyed the collection thoroughly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection of romance tales, 2 Nov 2013
Was recommended by a friend to me and though new to this style of book, I thought the stories were well done. First and last stories were the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lively Witty Entertaining - A lovely short read, 29 Mar 2013
I really enjoyed the short stories about Rookery End. I find this author truly entertaining. I almost let the negative review put me off buying. I am glad I trusted the majority of reviewers.Brilliant read before bed and to see first hand the authors skillful styles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 12 Feb 2013
Good to have a nice 'tuppence hapeny 'novel as my house master used to call them at almost that price. Brilliant!