5.0 out of 5 stars I'll be brief: Case W: Anchor
Every now and then a show comes around that seems to strike a chord with people and everything seems to ring true, likeable characters you can relate to, observations of the times, nostalgia, little nuances, it all seems to click - this is one of those shows! Much like Fools and Horses or One Foot in the Grave, this captures an era perfectly.
So for anyone who had a...
Published on 20 Oct 2010 by Coles Law

3.0 out of 5 stars Inbetweener 3 and a 4
Published on 16 Oct 2011 by Sim256

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll be brief: Case W: Anchor, 20 Oct 2010
Coles Law (Beyond Thunderdome) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Inbetweeners - Series 1-3 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
So for anyone who had a bunch of mates at school in the last decade or so, and who would say that they, although not quite the cool kid - but certainly not the dork, because they sat somewhere well, inbetween, will relate completely with this.

To break it down in a nutshell for those who don't know, you've got Will, the straight keener who is dumped with a group of kids on his first day since moving from private school and is befriended (begrudgingly) by the lovable dummy Neil, the compulsive liar Jay and the relatively normal one Simon. From here over the three series they go through all the trials and tribulations of the final years of school and college.

You've got exams, girls, sixth form parties, girls, work experience, fashion dilemmas, girls, underage drinking, bunking off, camping, caravanning, girls, ball breaking head teachers, annoying little brothers, hot older sisters, MILFs and divorced parents in here, it really covers a lot - and its done in such a hilarious way I cant work out whether the lads' acting or the writers' stories deserve the bigger nod?

Listen, if you're aware of this show, no explanation is necessary, if you are new to it, then no description will suffice. All you need to know is you'll be doubled over in stitches watching this so just buy it, watch it and reminisce about the `best' days of your lives, as they have the best of theirs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great British comedy, 11 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Inbetweeners - Series 1-3 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
I saw the film at the cinema prior to watching an episode of the Inbetweeners, and subsequently borrowed this boxset off a friend. It's the perfect tonic after a long day at work, and I have been chuckling away at many an episode over my dinner.

Let's get one thing clear: if you are of a sensitive disposition and easily offended (and haven't watched an episode of the Inbetweeners before) I would recommend that you avoid this. Because although it's a series about teenage boys' antics and there is a degree of innocence throughout the series, it also contains a lot of swearing, some crude scenes and an abundance of sexual references. Personally I found this a touching series about adolescent escapades which invariably do not go as planned, leading to much hilarity. You get to know and love the characters, but it's not just the four boys who provide the laughs - even their parents are amusing, and one of my favourite characters is Head of Year Mr Gilbert.

Highlights of the series for me was the trip into London and the first time they attempt drugs - two very funny episodes. For the record, it is clear from the events that the producers do not condone drug taking, they realise it as something that many teenage boys do attempt and tackle it brilliantly as they show a less glamorous side to it and what can (and often does) go wrong when taking narcotics.

The acting can be a little wooden at time, but it is still incredibly entertaining and highly amusing. Recommended, especially at the price on here, which is fantastic value for a triple CD boxset. I will undoubtedly purchase this, along with the film when it is out, as it's a comedy I could happily watch again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Box Set, 5 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Inbetweeners - Series 1-3 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
I really love the Inbetweeners; the script, the comic timing (ranging from subtle to gross 'in your face') & the brilliant cast of nicely contrasting characters. One of the few comedies where I can gladly sit and watch a whole series of episodes back to back. For £[] this is amazing value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had Me In Stitches.., 17 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Inbetweeners - Series 1-3 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
I ordered the boxset early this week as i have never have seen any of these..ill repeat that, ive never seen the inbetweeners until this past week..

Ive never laughed so hard over a tv series..a-m-a-z-i-n-g..

But although it got many awards and got amazing viewing ratings..why only 3 series??

surely they could of done more things with the boys..

truely amazing comedy..now to see the movie

5.0 out of 5 stars Football Frienddddd!, 24 Aug 2011
Mrs VB (Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Inbetweeners - Series 1-3 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
When The Inbetweeners hit the small screen, I was in great anticipation & looking forward to finding out what the series had in store. I was definitely not disappointed. I was even more delighted when I received this box set as a gift from my Fiance, also a huge fan.

With Will; the uber-smart posh kid who has been forced to move to a state school, Simon; the awkward lovesick one, Jay; the compulsive liar & Neil; the almost normal if not slightly sex-pest like one, this series was always going to work. The four main characters are joined by Greg Davies (Mock the Week) who plays their witty but grumpy principal.

The storylines are fantastic & include situations most people will relate to including trying to get served alcohol underage, trying to lose their virginities, exams, family holidays & more!

Easily one of the most original & hilarious series I think I have ever seen, I would recommend this to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wickedly funny, 6 April 2011
This review is from: The Inbetweeners - Series 1-3 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
Fantastic, original comedy series featuring geeky sixth-formers that will have you crying with laughter and bring back memories of awkward youth. It's very well-observed, true to life and brilliantly acted with a great script. It also has an edge to it that I loved. If you haven't discovered it yet, treat yourself to this box set.

3.0 out of 5 stars Inbetweener 3 and a 4, 16 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Inbetweeners - Series 1-3 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
My first experience of the inbetweeners was in the form of their movie. Not usually the sort of genre that I would go for, I had time to kill one day and the film timings limited my choices. Having sat through it and found it the topical humour of days gone by I looked into buying the other episodes of the program. Having bought the box set of all three series, it works out much better value for money, I proceeded to sit down and watch them, a series at a time.

What can I say, value for money as low level brash humour. Lots of laughs, it does get weaker through series three and they did stop at the right time. If you intend to see the film and haven't already seen them then the box set is worth the background knowledge of the characters. Although funny on it's own, all the little sections that didn't make total sense do so.

Worth the price for the entertainment value

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 16 July 2011
This review is from: The Inbetweeners - Series 1-3 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
The box set was everything I expected it to be- hilarious- with the bonus of a good price from amazon!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One for everyone, 27 July 2011
This review is from: The Inbetweeners - Series 1-3 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
I often watch the inbetweeners on TV and recently my mum started watching too. She thinks it's wrong that she finds the behaviour hilarious at her age. My dad however doesn't watch with us and I knew he would love it so bought the box set for the family. I was right! Noone could stop laughing throughout! Definitely one to recommend for EVERYBODY. The characters are incredibly believable...Something I can relate to certain people - being the same age as the characters! Complete MUST HAVE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend this more!, 26 May 2010
m.bison (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Inbetweeners - Series 1-3 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
One weekday evening a few years ago, I rented the first series of The Inbetweeners from my local video shop. I had to be up early for work the next day so I was only planning to watch an episode or two to see what the fuss was about. I ended up staying up until the early hours of the morning and watching all six episodes in a row.

Sort of a cross between The Peep Show and American Pie, The Inbetweeners is without a doubt one of the funniest TV shows out at the moment. The show centres around four teenage boys who are no longer children but not quite adults (in other words "inbetween"). Like anyone else their age, they spend their days unsuccessfully chasing girls, trying to get into house parties/nightclubs, fretting about exams and trying to get served at the off licence/local pub. Although it's not quite as realistic as a fly-on-the-wall documentary, many of the things that pre-occupy Will, Simon, Neil and Jay, pre-occupy any lad who has ever been 16, 17, 18 or 19 years old. But not only does the show have it's finger on the pulse of Britain's youth, it also makes you laugh in every way possible. There's big belly laughs that cause tears to stream down your face and your ribs to ache ("Feisty one, you are!"); there's laughs that stay with you and still manage to crack you up months later when you remember them ("Bus w**kers!"); and there are laughs to be had over and over when you quote them to your mates ("Ooo, fwend!").

The Inbetweeners - Series 1-3 - Complete [DVD]
The Inbetweeners - Series 1-3 - Complete [DVD] by Gordon Anderson (DVD - 2010)