5.0 out of 5 stars It Was TIME...
Published on 30 Dec 2010 by Micki B

1.0 out of 5 stars CLOCK CRACKLES AND BUZZES...
Published 23 months ago by Gerald Bond

5.0 out of 5 stars It Was TIME..., 30 Dec 2010
Micki B (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Electric Digital Alarm Clock Prelude Jumbo Red LED Display
...For a new bedside clock. We tried one of those battery powered ones where you have to click a button on the top of the clock to see the time... even in the daytime. We hated that clock and decided to replace it with an LED clock like we had a few years back. This clock is terrific because not only does it have a large enough display to see easily without glasses, but the display can be set on dim or bright. We find the dim setting excellent and non-obtrusive, even in the middle of the night. The buttons on this clock are easy to find and the time and alarm are easy to set. This clock is perfect for us.

4.0 out of 5 stars BIG AND BRIGHT, 4 Dec 2011
Mark (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Electric Digital Alarm Clock Prelude Jumbo Red LED Display
I was looking for a large display digital clock that was permanently illuminated - i.e. that I didn't have to touch or press buttons to light up. This fits the bill perfectly. It's mains powered (although it also needs a 9v battery) and has a large display which can be easily read from anywhere in the room. The display is dimmable too(2 settings). it's pretty simple to use and set up too. Although it is alarm clock its a bit big and bright to have on a bedside table only inches away from you - unless that's what you need! my feeling is that it's probably better sited a little away from you on a dressing table - then you'll just have to get out of bed to turn off that alarm!!
It seems to be of reasonable quality and has a bit of weight to it too - making it less likely to be knocked flying when you're half asleep looking for the snooze button.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my clock, 27 Feb 2011
This review is from: Electric Digital Alarm Clock Prelude Jumbo Red LED Display
The clock has huge numbers, so no more peering in the dark. It has a dimmer so the numbers are less glaring at night. Setting the alarm is simple, I am unable to find a fault. Hmmm, actually, I wanted a white clock and this is only available in black but that's okay, I'm over it now!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly right for us., 15 Aug 2011
This review is from: Electric Digital Alarm Clock Prelude Jumbo Red LED Display
We are of more senior years and find the modern vogue for green LED alarm clocks puzzling. Even on a dimmed setting we find the that green displays are garish and light up the whole room!

Hence we were delighted to find this device and find that the red LED display is soothing and makes all the difference. The controls and mode of operation are simple. We have to say that there is room in the design for making the dimmed setting even dimmer but this is a very minor point.

Being retired we do not set alarms all of the time so we do not bother with the PP9 mains failure backup battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, 8 Feb 2012
This review is from: Electric Digital Alarm Clock Prelude Jumbo Red LED Display
My old clock starting acting weird so I knew it was time to look around for a replacement. I wanted a mains powered digital clock with no radio. This was just what I was looking for. It has a great, large display which is easy to read without glasses on. The buttons are easy to use and setting the time/alarm is easy too. The alarm sound is awful but then I've never heard an alarm I enjoyed because who enjoys sudden loud noise when you're peacefully sleeping! I'd recommend this alarm clock to anyone who just wants an easy to use no-fuss, no-extras kind of alarm clock.

4.0 out of 5 stars LLoytron Digital Alarm Clock, 22 July 2010
This review is from: Electric Digital Alarm Clock Prelude Jumbo Red LED Display
A really bright LED display that is large, remember it is 1.8 inches high! . The dim setting was still rather bright. I found the buttons rather stiff, but overall it is OK and if you need a bigger brighter Digital Alarm Clock then this will be fine..

4.0 out of 5 stars All good, except..., 14 July 2012
This review is from: Electric Digital Alarm Clock Prelude Jumbo Red LED Display
No military time. You're forced to AM/PM. so no 24hours. Which sucks because I prefer military time. But whatever. The sound it makes is irritating as hell, and just in the good range of volume. It's very bright and quite big. nice sleek design.

1.0 out of 5 stars CLOCK CRACKLES AND BUZZES..., 4 Oct 2012
This review is from: Electric Digital Alarm Clock Prelude Jumbo Red LED Display
Spent a great deal of time reading reviews before committing to this clock. After 2 months the clock began crackling inside - never heard of this before with an electronic clock! Sounds like static interference on an old radio. The noise from the clock on the bedside table drove me crazy in the stillness of the night. Eventually had to pull the plug on it and now returning it to supplier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Plain ol' clock, 25 May 2011
Dr. K. E. Patrick (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Electric Digital Alarm Clock Prelude Jumbo Red LED Display
I've got an old Lloydtron that's lasted maybe twenty years,so after buying a Sony the first time around (it buzzed!), I decided to go back to a Lloydtron.

I like it for its bright number display and for its no-fuss style, though I have to say that the "bars" that make up each digit don't all light up equally, so sometimes I can't be exactly sure if it's an 8 or a 3, for example.

Never mind. At 3 in the morning, I know I don't want to get up yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me, 9 Feb 2013
Vlodec (LEICESTER, Leics. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Electric Digital Alarm Clock Prelude Jumbo Red LED Display
I'm getting on in years now and need a simple alarm clock with a nice big display so I can read the time without having to search for my specs first. This fits the bill perfectly. It's big & bright (and btw much better looking than you would think from the display pic), and has a dimmer switch in case it's too bright for you at night. Personally I find the brighter display just fine. To the reviewer whose display is too dim, I think you got a faulty one.

It's also very simple to set up and operate which at my age is a blessing. And it's mains powered with battery backup which is just how I like it.

What it doesn't have.......

Well, it doesn't have a radio alarm. Speaking for myself, if the alarm wakes me up, the first and most urgent priority is to switch it off again, so the lack of a radio is no loss at all. Obviously some will feel differently.

It doesn't have this newfangled time signal synchronisation function. While this would be nice on general principle, it's no great loss for me. I don't need a clock accurate to the last millisecond and so far it's kept time perfectly.

If it falls apart in the near future I'll amend this review accordingly but so far I'm very happy with my new clock.