5.0 out of 5 stars best flavour whey
This is a great whey protein for women, as it is very low in calories and carbs and won't lead to undesired weight gain. I personally use two scoops in total on workout days, which add up to about 180 kcal.
PHD also contains a decent amount of CLAs and Green Tea extract, which saves me taking those pills.

What makes this whey perfect in my eyes is the...
Published 7 months ago by silvermond

3.0 out of 5 stars Grainy
personally I'm not a fan. its almost like drinking sand its very grainy. I even tried using a vortex mixer but still very grainy the taste isn't bad I tend to down the drink anyway. I was using this everyday after gym but tbh I haven't seen any difference. probably down to me though.

I Recently came back from a Holiday so I'm going to give my self a few weeks...
Published 17 days ago by pyroslasher

5.0 out of 5 stars best flavour whey, 29 Jan 2014

What makes this whey perfect in my eyes is the taste, however. It is so yummy if blended with 1/2 a banana, or even just on its own, plus it's great for baking with too!

High protein blueberry pancakes: blend one scoop of PHD white chocolate whey, 1 egg white, 1 tbs of whole psyllium husks and some almond milk, then add 1tbs of blueberries.
Use your smallest pan and add 1/2 ts of coconut oil, to avoid sticking. Finally, don't forget to top the finished pancakes with 1ts of agave syrup, or 1tbs of coconut yoghurt blended with fresh vanilla, or add more blueberries to taste. A real feast for nutrition conscious girls!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - Highly recommend!, 29 Aug 2014
I haven't used any protein product before but after reading mostly good reviews and it being recommended by my brother who is a personal trainer, I decided to give it a try as he said it would be a good product to aid with my weight loss and protein intake.

I decided to go with the Strawberry flavour to start off with and was surprised how nice tasting it was with just water! After reading reviews that it tasted horrible I was slightly apprehensive I wouldn't like it but it really was lovely and did not struggle to chug it down at all, yes you cant shake all the bits out so its 100% smooth but thats due to the flax seed which in my case doesn't bothet me or hinder the shake at all.

I use this protein as a meal replacement for breakfast with skimmed milk so it fills me up until lunch and then after I workout with water. It definately keeps me satisfied until my next meal and have found it very beneficial to my workouts as I have more energy and feel I perform better. After only using this product for 2 weeks alongside healthy eating and regular exercise I have lost 6 pounds so far aswell as having a flatter stomach and having a less bloated feeling.

I am very happy with this product and will continue to buy more whilst working on my weight loss journey and would definately recommend it to anyone who wants to kick start their healthy lifestyle :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Former sceptic now sold ..., 10 April 2014
Belle Noir (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I purchased this product despite having had some previous scepticism regarding these protein shakes.

My primary reason for finally purchasing was as a weight loss 'companion'. I am not using Phd to try and reduce my calories, but as a nutritional supplement/meal replacement, given that when you are trying to lose weight on a controlled calorie diet, it can be difficult to consume the amount of protein that you need. I use 'myfitnesspal' to count calories and to provide me with guidelines as to the amount of carbs, fat, protein which I should be consuming each day. Thanks to Phd, I am finally meeting my 'target' where protein is concerned.

My first shake I consumed with water. Big mistake (one that almost put me off having any more shakes!), it is much MUCH tastier when taken with skimmed milk (or, soy milk, possibly). With water alone I found the taste unpleasant.

For my first order, I chose the vanilla creme - a good call. I have since tried a few other flavours and below is my personal assessment of them:

1) Vanilla creme - 9/10 - the best so far - tastes like vanilla custard, or vanilla cheesecake in my husband's opinion.
2) Strawberry - 8/10 - another good one and revives childhood memories of strawberry angel delight!
3) Belgian chocolate - 5/10 - something of a disappointment, the flavour is bland and not as good as the above two flavours, in my opinion. It also appears more difficult to mix - lumps occur more frequently. I wouldn't purchase this particular flavour again.

I have yet to try the white choc and choc orange flavours.

It has to be said that ALL flavours taste sweet, having plenty of sweetener added. I notice that where negative feedback on this product is left, the majority is from those who apparently do not have a sweet tooth. If this is you then perhaps you may wish to look for unsweetened alternatives.

Others have left negative feedback claiming that the shakes are too gritty, that it is 'like drinking sand', etc. I personally have not found this to be the case, but then again I have been in the habit of giving my shakes 10 mins or so to 'settle' after mixing, before I drink them. I am convinced that this results in a thicker, smoother shake than would otherwise be the case. However, for those who can only tolerate shakes with a perfectly smooth consistency, it may be wise to bypass this particular product, as no matter how vigorous the shaking or prolonged the settling time, some small particles will remain.

The total calories of a two scoop shake with 300ml skimmed milk (I like my shakes slightly thicker than the recommended 350mls) is still only 287kcals - based on the vanilla creme.

As I said above - I use Phd as a meal replacement (for lunch), as opposed to having e.g. sandwich/salad/soup - which by and large would be approximately the same calories. The advantage (aside from the nutritional values) which Phd has over soup or sandwiches, is that it is slow to metabolise. To my surprise, this one shake keeps me going until teatime - I have no hunger or lack of energy with it ... which I could not have said in respect of any of the generic 'meal replacement' shakes on the market.

In terms of preparation, when packing for lunch in the morning, it could not be easier. I just place 2 scoops of shake powder into a small tupperware container, grab my Phd shaker, and go.

At lunch, I pour 300ml of skimmed milk into the shaker, then add the shake powder (whatever you do ... don't add powder then milk, or it will stick in clumps to the bottom of your shaker). Screw on the lid tightly, shake very vigorously for around 30secs or so (good exercise) et voila, a delicious tasting shake is yours. No more worrying about what to make for a packed lunch in the morning.

In terms of weight loss ...well as I have said above, it is helping keep hunger pangs at bay, and I have lost a stone as a result. Unexpectedly, my skin is in significantly better condition - much more so than on previous diets, so better diet alone probably does not account for that.

According to my Withings scales, I have slightly more lean mass than the last time I was at my current weight, so perhaps Phd is helping with that, but even if not, I'm sold on its other benefits.

This former sceptic has been convinced, and will return to buy more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, enjoyable, easy to make, easy to blend with other ingredients and good for you - what more can you ask?, 30 Aug 2014
I have really enjoyed this whey powder, which I bought in Vanilla Creme flavour. I've got fibromyalgia and my osteopath suggested I started doing a gentle workout routine, to help strengthen and heal my muscles. He felt that also taking whey powder would help in a number of ways. I was AGES trying to work out which one to buy, and was completely befuddled by all the different brands and types of powders available. In the end, I plumped for this one because so many other people had said it was good and because it is low in calories and VERY high in protein (with two scoops). I've found I'm best to give it a whizz with the electric hand blender, to help with the mixing, although it wasn't very lumpy if I just shook the mixer bottle I bought after adding it to water. I particularly like it mixed with milk and like other reviewers, I've found it easily makes a delicious milkshake if mixed with a banana. I've also added in strawberries and raspberries and it was delicious with those, too. In short, I'd really recommend it, particularly if (like me) you are new to all these protein drinks. My second pack has arrived today and I've also been using the PhD Casein Peptide 900g Milk Chocolate flavour in the evenings sometimes, because that takes eight hours to work properly and helps cell renewal while I sleep.

4.0 out of 5 stars tasted good, 28 July 2013
bronagh (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Nice protein, just remember to put your milk or water in your shaker first as it may stick to the bottom.

5.0 out of 5 stars White chocolate flavour is very nice..., 20 Aug 2014
Me read (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I'm using this as a meal replacement and very rarely work out (if ever) and I like it much better than slim fast and the like. Just because it's targeted and marketed towards those trying to build their bodies shouldn't put you off if you're just interested in the weight loss benefits without the need to build muscle. Yes, it's brilliant as a body building protein shake, but it is also a great alternative to the bland, tasteless shake powders that are targeted at those of us trying to lose weight.

I tried one scoop with water to start with and in all honesty it's really nasty like that. Bleurgh! Much better with milk (I use soy milk). I've tried it with coconut water and that's not much nicer than regular water but with coconut milk it's quite tasty.

It's a bit hard to mix if you don't have a shaker (like me) but what I do is put a scoop in a tall tumbler and then add a little bit of milk and really go at it to mix it into a fairly stiff paste. I keep adding a little more milk and stirring it well between additions and eventually it'll end up well mixed and no lumps.

I got the deluxe white chocolate flavour and it tastes great. A 1kg bag has lasted me ages just using one scoop a day for a breakfast shake. It's really quite filling and I find that after one of these in the morning I'm not in the mood for anything else to eat until lunchtime so it's been helping cut out a mid morning snack too.

I haven't tried the other flavours yet but I'm almost at the end of this bag and will try the strawberry next as I see it's been getting the thumbs up from others.

I'd recommend it, definitely. Works out much cheaper in the long run than slim fast too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes great, 13 Feb 2014
For me I love sweet things, and I enjoy the taste,17g of protein which is just the right amount for me (female) and it's a great post workout (great in pancakes too) would recommend it to everyone who works out

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST protein out., 26 April 2014
Amazing for girls, great teast & easy to drink! I used it for a meal in-between my other meals. The pounds still fell off and it stopped my hunger (didn't stop me craving chocolate but) lol. Would recommend this highly! My son used phd but for men & he loves it also... 😊

5.0 out of 5 stars White Chocolate, tastes great with water, mixes smoothly, good mix - would recommend, 8 Aug 2014
I had a bad experience with a cheap whey in the past, where I needed to use milk instead of water, and add so much sugar/honey/fruit etc to knock out the vile flavor that it ended up being more calories than drinking treacle. This was a gamble to try, but the reviews encouraged me to take the plunge, and I'm glad I did. The flavor is nice, with water and no extras - easy to drink. It could be a little stronger flavoured, but I think that would sicken me personally after a few drinks. I found it filling, and easy to integrate into my diet.

As far as 'results' go, they will always be a combination of everything else you do (exercise, sleep, diet etc), but I've had a good experience so far with this on my current training regimen, so I'm happy to recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars IT TASTES GREAT / 6 EASY DIET TIPS, 22 Mar 2010
Dark Horse 85 (Liverpool, England.) - See all my reviews
My girlfriend bought some this stuff and she gave me a glass. I love it! It genuinely tastes great, I lot people say their protein and mass shakes taste great but just plain don't, whey especially. I imagine that this Deluxe White Chocolate flavour shake is what the Mia's five dollar milkshake tastes like in Pulp Fiction. I've had cravings for the stuff!!

The nutritional value aren't bad either, I believe it's 70% protein PhD also do a 80% version. I like to cut it with a Whey Isolate (plain purified whey) which is 92%. I buy that from a good eBay shop called "Proteins 4 You". I recommend this shop and their products. If you trying to lose weight you want as higher protein value as possible in your shake.

EASY DIET TIPS :
1) Drinking lots of water will help you lose weight
2) Eat lots of vegetables
3) Avoid carbs during working days and eat as usual at weekends (this known as carb cycling)
4) Take Green Tea and Fish Oil for the antioxidants
5) Take Chromium to balance the insulin levels in your blood. this can reduce the production fat in the body (if you're diatbetic I'd leave this)
6) Sprinkle some Cayenne Pepper on your everyday which will help your body oxidize(burn) fat

I hope this helps, good luck!

PhD Diet Whey Chocolate Orange 1 kg