5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!
Published 11 months ago by Christalleni

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected.
These are vegan shoes I think. The felt is synthetic and so is the foot bed. They feel different in shape to the traditional felt clog Birkenstocks, very tight over the instep with no option to adjust like the buckled version. For the difference in price I just paid the few extra pounds and got a much better quality shoe. Stick to what you know!
Published 15 months ago by A. Armstrong

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 14 Oct 2013
Christalleni (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is a great product from Birkenstock! Great for winter time. I always wear the Madrid slippers in summer and this is my first pair of Amsterdam slippers. Great for around the house. Very very very comfortable! Quite light as well considering they are house slippers, i.e thick sole. Nice colour as well, doesnt get dirty easily. Would definitely reccommend to friends and family. Bit pricey (compared to other house slippers), however definitely worth it as I get so much wear out of them. Dont think I will need to buy slippers for a couple of years!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars First Aid For Feet, 24 July 2013
EC Birbeck (UK) - See all my reviews
I am afflicted with Planter Fasciitis in one foot and was advised to try Birkenstocks and having been guilty of wearing nothing on my feet around the house can now be found wearing my Grey Slides. Very effective and restful on the feet to a point where I now also have a pair of Birkinstock sandals and a reducing soreness of the sole and heel of my foot - superb!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but narrow footbed, 5 Jan 2013
Great shoe, we keep them for indoor use only. Only thing is that they are the narrow type and that means they are quite tight

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected., 2 July 2013
A. Armstrong "Flixxy" (Scotland) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good indoor shoes for plantar fasciitis sufferers, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Birkenstock Unisex - Adults Amsterdam Clogs & Mules Black (Apparel)
If you like me has a tendency to get plantar fasciitis and struggle to find indoor shoes with decent arch support these shoes are working well for me. I was hesitating as there is no heel cushioning as such but the arch support makes up for this. The shoes are not adjustable and they need to fit in order to keep your foot supported and comfortable. I ordered the normal size first but they were too loose for me so got the narrow ones in stead (I am female and wouldn't describe myself as narrow footed - just normal woman's feet) and they were instantly comfortable. The felt is synthetic but feels absolutely fine even with bare feet and they are nice and warm, too. Good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars healthy with great support, 22 Oct 2013
Bought these for my brother-in-law as my husband loves his last year's ones. Great support, extremely comfy particularly after all day on your feet. Only snag sole lining is man made but at least it makes them cosier for winter. Glad to see both European and UK sizes advertised now as conversion by manufacturer not accurate. Go by European sizing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoe, 25 April 2014
I followed the Birkenstock fitting guide to ascertain my size and that worked out fine. I have flat feet, so breaking the shoes in was a bit uncomfortable. They're better now, and because they're light, very easy to wear. My feet still hurt a bit if I work in them for long periods of time, but that's not really a fault of the shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal winter slipper, 15 April 2014
Both my wife and I have recently purchased these slippers and both of us find them to be perfect,
They are smart, warm, extremely comfortable and very good value.
They are perhaps more a winter slipper than for summer.
We both thoroughly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely felt slipper clogs, 10 April 2014
I bought these to replace a sheepskin pair that had broken, and also as a warmer weather slipper. I was initially a bit hesitant about buying light grey in case they mark easily, but so far they are fine. You do have to be careful with velcro near the felt as it can catch, but not irreparably so.

These are fabulous, very cool-looking felt slippers. I think the light grey gives them a very minimalistic look and I really like them. I have plantar fasciitis and usually need supports in my shoes but these are very comfortable. I have had lots of compliments from other people about them, too. They are roomy enough to wear thick socks with them if it is particularly chilly but still fit well with bare feet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Clog, 22 Jan 2014
Mr. R. S. Clancy "deejayclancy" (GUERNSEY CHANNEL ISLANDS) - See all my reviews
Nice looking foot wear but be carful of the difference in Euro foot sizes compared to UK foot sizes, I ordered 13.5 UK which seems to be 33.0 Euro Foot size. Be warned 33.0 Euro foot size is definitely not any where near 13.5 UK foot size, more like children's size foot. Not worth sending back to Germany as freight sending back is very expensive so BUYERS BE WARE!!!.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›