5.0 out of 5 stars POIGNANT AND HEARTFELT
Published on 2 Feb 2012 by L. Sims

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable
A nice easy read, good story line. Could have had a bit more excitement. Was not as gripping as I would like.
Published 10 months ago by Tracy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars POIGNANT AND HEARTFELT, 2 Feb 2012
L. Sims "Linda" (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Irish Bride (Kindle Edition)
This is the story of Farrell and Aiden. The story begins in County Cork Ireland 1855. Farrell works for their English landlord in his house but the lord's son Noel has made advances to her and she has repelled him, running home. Her brother Michael also works for the English Lord collecting rents, but he is a ruthless and ambitious man. While knocking down a cottage for what he claims is non payment of rent. Michael is attacked by Aiden and killed. Farrell is betrothed to Liam Aiden's brother, but now that Farrell has rejected the Lord's sons advances and Aiden has killed her brother. They are forced to flee their village and leave Ireland for America. The local priest had married them before they left. Farrell loves Liam, he is quiet and steady not like Aiden who has always been quite the ladies man and a bit of a rogue, not Farrell's idea of a husband at all. Noel Cardwell the Lords son has decided to follow them, and bring them to justice.
This is a wonderfully written story, the detail and descriptive writing just make the story flow. I was unable to put this down. The characters are so well developed and the plot so well done that you live the story right along with the characters. I love that this about ordinary people and their struggle to live a decent life. I have read my fair share of historical romances, but many authors rely on writing about the rich members of the ton, and aristocracy. So this story as with many others by this author are like a breath of fresh air. Alexis Harrington is fast becoming one of my favourite authors, her books are well researched and beautifully written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Irish Bride (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. From the very beginning you identify with the characters. I have read a few of Alexis Harrington books and enjoyed them. Look forward to reading more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
This review is from: The Irish Bride (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book. Will read more books by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 20 April 2014
This review is from: The Irish Bride (Kindle Edition)
Though I am Irish, I rarely read about Ireland, but I really enjoyed this book, lots of my ancesters emigrated to America in the early 1900, and this gave me a great insight into their travels, and what they had to go through, how hard life was for them, makes me thankful to live in the age we do now. Well worth a read amd I think its well written and reserched.

5.0 out of 5 stars Riviting read, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Irish Bride (Kindle Edition)
I have chosen this rating as I was captivated by the whole story. Easy to read and completely Riviting. I am hoping that there will be a follow up to this one

5.0 out of 5 stars Irish Bride, 17 Mar 2014
J. Nash (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Irish Bride (Kindle Edition)
Being Irish, I could relate to this book and would highly recommend it for a good story to read for everyone

4.0 out of 5 stars praise for the Irish Bride, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Irish Bride (Kindle Edition)
This book had me spellbound. Following this reluctant couple on their enforced voyage the suspense held me all the way through. While I'm not fundamentally a romantic novel reader a little romance helps keep me interested. A thoroughly enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Irish Bride (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this one. As the grand-daughter of an Irish American whose family emigrated from Ireland at about this time, it really made me think about what it was like. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Irish Bride (Kindle Edition)
Yet again, another great book, enjoyed the lovely story, so very well told, read in two nights, well done Alexis.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story of an era long gone brought to llife and gave a lot of pleasure to to escape to., 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Irish Bride (Kindle Edition)
a five star read I would encourage my friends to read.heart warming,thrilling,interesting a great read to the very last word.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›