on 21 March 2014
The main reason I purchased this board along with 2 others in the same range, is because I wanted a non-toxic and cut-proof surface which was warp-resistant in the hot wash of my dishwasher. I considered any additional advantages, such as non-slip properties and coloured differentiation helpful, but not my highest priorities.

To begin with, I was pleased with the boards, as the surface seemed more resilient to knife marks than others I have owned, they also keep their shape well in the dishwasher (I have had some that don't but my current board is fine in that respect). However, when I used a very sharp knife, e.g. to chop meat, this did leave cut marks, so they are not knife-proof to my sharper blades. In addition, the rubber trim has the disadvantage of being susceptible to stains - as I found after I washed the blue board for the first time (in the dishwasher) and had to use a stain remover to get it out.

The boards are considerably more expensive than most rival boards of this type and for me, the only advantages it has over my usual board, except for it having a slightly more resilient surface, is the non-slip trim and colour trim. However, I do not think these aspects justify the extra cost (particularly as I found alternative means of providing myself with such features at low cost, e.g. a damp tea towel to help grip and different coloured string on the handle to help identification). In addition, the board I usually buy, which normally needs replacing after a few months, only costs about one third the cost of this one - and I can buy several of them over a period of time for the same cost of this one board. For this reason, I have rated the product about average 3 stars. I doubt I would buy them again.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 11 January 2013
I bought this and the green version of this chopping board and I am very pleased that I did so. Some chopping boards aren't very strong and bend a little but these seem very strong and solid. It doesn't slide around the kitchen surface, is very easy to clean by hand or dishwasher and looks pretty good too. Very good and I would highly recommend it.
on 14 June 2013
I've had this chopping board for 6 months now, and use it all the time. It's better than any other board I have used, including the TopGourmet which cost three times as much and looks tatty and old already, and has no practical features.

The non slip element is excellent, it never moves an inch when you are working on it, and if you lean it up against the wall to leave it to dry etc, it won't slip over.

It also looks very attractive, and even though it now has a number of knife scratch marks, it doesn't show much in the white plastic.

One side of the board has a little groove all the way round to stop liquid from running etc onto your worktops, which is handy when chopping something particularly messy such as a pineapple.

It has been in the dishwasher many times and cleans up a treat.
on 19 January 2013
bought this to complete set- non-slip, dishwasable and pleasing to look at- what's not to like! would recommend to anyone
I use this board as a special raw-feeding item in my kitchen, chopping up chickens to feed my dog. I like that it's purple and very different from all my other boards, but it's not like a lot of them online that are only thin, wobbly things. This is a substantial, 1cm or more thick board that can handle my cleaver without a problem. It does get nicks in it, and makes an awfully loud noise if I whack the bones especially hard, but I'm confident that I'm saving my countertops!
on 8 February 2012
I wanted a board for meat preparation that could be cleaned thoroughly and easily, did not skid around the counter surface and which did not blunt my knives unduly.It is of a good size with a handy handle to move it around. The edges come in a variety of colours to suit your kitchen decor ( I had the green one). I prefer this material for meat prep as I find that washing/sterilising it is easier and more hygienic that wetting and scrubbing a wooden board. I would recommend it 100%.
on 3 April 2013
I bought 2 of these chopping boards as I liked the colour coding for clear use with meat or veg.
They do not slip and feel very solid in use.
I do not wash them in the dishwasher as I don't want to risk them discolouring after a period of time, but they are very easy to clean under running water.
They take up very little storage space as I can store them 'end on' in the kitchen cupboard and they have never fallen over!
on 21 February 2016
This is a great chopping board! The white part is made from a moderately hard plastic which is just right in hardness, not too hard and not too soft. When you chop items on it, the knife cuts through the items and impacts the board with exactly the right tension and feel. You will know what I mean if you have used a glass chopping board : ). Also, you don't get big gouges cut into the plastic even when it has been used for a while - you get thin score lines which is great as it is more hygienic. Also, the write up is correct, the board is gentle on blades - I have had to sharpen my knives less often since using this board. I found, for me personally, the sound made when the knife impacts the board, to be acceptable - harder chopping boards are too noisy, soft chopping boards can be less hygienic, in my humble opinion. The green part on the edge of the board seems to be a soft (heat resistant?) rubber which definitely works as a means to stop the board from slipping around. The size of the board is perfect and I would definitely recommend this item and I will be being it again!
on 10 January 2015
This is the second one I have bought, as I love it so much! I originally had a large, heavy, solid wooden chopping board which I did not get along with. Given the price I paid for the wooden board I persevered for years, scrubbing and oiling it, and could never get rid of the unusual odours that gradually got worse. Eventually I gave up and finally got rid of it, and replaced it with this fabulous chopping board. It is easy to fling in a bowl of soapy hot water and give a proper good scrub, and has not stained despite the amount of work it has already been asked to do. The colourful rubber ends means that is does not slip around when in use, and it is compact enough to stand on end in the pan cupboard rather than leaving out on the worktop. Finally, although not a useful feature, the orange colour makes me happy! The first board I bought (in green that time - I do like colour!) is still in constant rotation as well, I only bought a second for when I am having a huge cooking session. If I ever needed a third I would choose this one again!
I have a couple of boards already and they were looking pretty sorry for themselves. So I needed some boards and I wanted to do the right thing, and get one for meats, bread, vegetables etc. This range allows me to have a similar style with a band at the top and bottom to distinguish between them. Simple and clean cut.

The quality seems good. But, I drop them one star because when you look at the colour bands, which seems to be molded around the the white board inner core, the edges are little messy in places, which let it down a little. I.e overlap of colour on the white band, which resembles a flap of sorts. Although these can be tidied up, its something I wish was done before I got it.

A strong board, which had good grip and of good size. I don't have a dish washer but if I did I could clean them up in it!

So once I removed the flap, I consider them a five star item, it's just I received them as a four star product! Hence the score!

However, they are pretty good and I would recommend them.