4.0 out of 5 stars THEY SOUND AMAZING FOR R'N'B
Well, how to start? Also, excuse my bad english,I am very tired as I have just done a journey from England to Hawaii where I bought these in the Heathrow duty Free. I liked them so much and decided to do a review on here :)
Published on 12 Aug 2010 by C Roy

2.0 out of 5 stars good but did'nt last long
Published on 23 Jan 2012 by Kensal

4.0 out of 5 stars THEY SOUND AMAZING FOR R'N'B, 12 Aug 2010
This review is from: JVC High-Quality Portable Lightweight On-Ear Audio Headphones with 3-way Foldable Design - Black (Electronics)
Design wise, I believe they look quite pretty. Nice sleek glossy plastic that feels solid and Mirrored grainy plastic on the ear cups with a clear plastic cover on top. Saying that they feel solid, well, they do but you can bend them quite a considerable amount. This is not a bad thing in my eyes though as it means they have alot of give if being lent on something or being knocked around. On the crux of the head band, there are two rather soft pads that sit on top of your head. These are made of some sort of thin soft Pleather that have a nice feel to them. The same material is used to line the cup and it feels rather like my pillow in my bed which I enjoy considerably :) Another useful thing is that the cable only leads to one ear cup meaning less cable to annoy you :)

Sound Wise, These are just too good for R'N'B! I have a wide range of music types on my ipod from Flo Rida to Bruce Springsteen to Bullet for my Valentine to The London Symphony Orchestra and I tested each style meticulously throughout my plane journeys. Although each genre sounds exceptional after a bit of playing around with the sound style thing on my ipod, I found the acoustic setting gave the richest sound. Also, the headphones have a very wide frequency set, meaning they pick up more notes, movements and the like in the song. In one of my Bon Jovi track I could even hear the guys fingers sliding up and down the guitar! This said, RNB trumpted the lot. These headphones seem to be best suited to picking up techno kind of noises and bass so they must be more DJ orientated I suppose...

All in all, these are well contructed, rich sounding, robust headphones that will probably last me a long while :)
My only downside is that I can't listen to them in bed as they get pushed off my head by my pillow :/
Hehe thank you for reading my badly written review. I will now get some sleep!

2.0 out of 5 stars good but did'nt last long, 23 Jan 2012
as usual i guess you get what you paid for...when they do work it gives a good balance for sound...but with many other headphones they started switching from one ear to the next and had that low echo affect at times too...i would'nt fold them up too much either as the bridge holding the earpiecs broke off...had to use superglue to hold them back but it just broke off again...poor design flaw...lasted about 6mths.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic value, 9 May 2011
Bought a white pair of these headphones for a Christmas present for my mother-in-law and she was so pleased that she asked for another spare pair, in black, for Mother's Day! She uses them to listen to her books as well as her music and thinks they are the best that she has ever had. They are light, comfortable, don't slip down and the sound quality is excellent. They are fantastic value and look far more expensive than they actually cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones for DJing, 27 Nov 2010
i just got a pair of JVC HA-S360-B Free Style Headphones and they work great with my DJ gear, bot at home and also when playing in a club. Plus, they fold int a very small package that I can carry with me and my laptop at all times. Sweet! =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected!, 23 Jan 2014
Woody (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these JVC headphones as I was looking for a good set that are both compact and foldable with good sound quality. They are comfortable to wear with just the right amount of pressure on the head to eliminate a bit of outside noise without giving me an ear ache whist wearing my glasses. I had a set of Skullcandy headphones previously which we're alright but didn't deaden the outside sound enough (well at all for that matter), I am pleased to say that these JVC headphones do a far better job.

Even though my last headphones had 40mm drivers (speakers) and these have 30mm I have noticed no difference in sound quality and feel they are very capable in reproducing sounds / frequencies across most genres of music. In my opinion I find that the bass, mids and treble are perfectly matched in level with a full dynamic range and no single band of frequencies overpowers the other. The speaker cans are just under 65mm in diameter which makes them very light and comfortable whilst not being too big at the same time. Although they are classed as "DJ monitors" I find them to be perfect to use as everyday headphones for listening to MP3's, watching movies and using with my PC. They do feel a little fragile but this is understandable with its foldable design. As long as you're not too heavy handed with them they should be ok.

I've had these for a month now and like them so much that I bought another set in black which look equally as nice.

Things I like;

- Compact foldable design,
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear,
- Look good in both black & white, (I have both)
- They have a single cable outlet from left speaker which is much neater and less restrictive for concealing the headphone cable,
- Good value at around £15,

Things I don't like;

- They have very thin leather cushion covers which look as though they will wear very quickly,
- They don't have an inline multi-function (next/previous/pause track) button.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not particularly robust, but..., 19 April 2014
Yes, these 'phones are not as robust as some; yes there is a weak point at the earcup/headband junction, and yes you do have to take care whilst in use, but once you are aware of this and conduct yourself accordingly, the excellent sound quality is a revelation, and more than compensates. However, please don't buy them for your children! My last pair, though well looked after by myself for months on end, were unfortunately broken when I forgot to put them safely away before our cleaner arrived, so it was really my fault not hers that they became damaged. My new ones, just received, will be even more cherished however, and it is a testimony to their brilliant musical reproduction for the price that I didn't think twice about re-ordering another pair. Just one piece of advice to bass freaks; if you are contemplating purchase, I recommend 'try before you buy', because these 'phones distribute a relatively level mix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent pair of compact-size headphones, 7 Dec 2011
I ordered this headphone model last June after being sick and tired of purchasing many in-ear earphones that break after 6 months of use, and so after owning them for 1 and a half years I am very pleased with the headphones performance.

I've read other reviews for this model and many have commented that the bass isn't 'deep' or 'good enough' for those who love drum n bass and other form of bass-heavy music. BUT it does clearly state on the packaging that it's 'perfect for monitoring', so these headphones aren't gonna blast crap load of bass-goodness into your ears.
The sound quality is good as well, especially for songs with lots of guitar parts. I'm not an audiophile so I not completely instrumentally literate but these headphones does its job for me :)

So for simplicity sakes:

Pros:
Decent price for good sound range - especially guitar-heavy music, oh my ears...
Comfortable around ears and head, light and can be worn for long periods without pair around ears - everyones head shape is different so this may differ.
Can accomodate those with big heads (me).
The free style folding allow the user to store their headphones in their bag without taking up too much space and won't have to worry about it breaking in their bag - this was a huge plus for me as I regularly play basketball and need to store my headphone somewhere safe.
Very durable - had mine for a year and a half with the sound quality still the same.
Design - cool and modern.
Wire length - 1.3m good enough for me.

Cons:
Plastic casing does look quite flimsy.
NOT ENOUGH BASS! But remember, these headphones are for monitoring.
Wire - quite thin, again making the headphones feel fragile and easily snapped.
Earpads loses it cushion-ness quite fast, meaning it might need to be replaced fairly quickly if your ears are sensitive and picky with comfortability.
Design - the words on the headphone rub off fairly soon.

Overall I highly recommend these to anyone who wants a pair of highly portable, compact and decent sound quality headphones, and are also not too bothered about the lack of bass. Also I chose the white colour one, personally looks prettier than the dark one.

UPDATE:
After 3 years of use, the left side has decided to give in. I have to say I was quite impressed with the durability of these cans, given the things it has gone through:
- Pulling my MP3 out of my pocket by pulling the cable (I know, I know, this is bad. Trying to cut this habit).
- Lending it to my sister who is well known for tormenting electrical devices i.e. connecting the headphones to the PC and letting it hang off the edge of the paper.
- When not used, stored in my bag.
- Wearing them while riding on my bicycle, possibly causing tension in cables.

Overall I will be purchasing another pair of these but will be going for the black one. Main reasons why:
- Portable and convenient for commuters.
- Fold up small and can even be stored in coat pockets.
- 4.5/5 stars for audio quality (not much bass, however, these are monitoring headphones).
- Comfort and perfect fit on my big head.

As a side note, I will also be buying a pair of Sony MDR-V6 headphones. Those interested, just search it up and read Amazon reviews from people whos also bought it, these cans have great reputation.

4.0 out of 5 stars AT THIS PRICE BETTER IT'S VERY HARD TO FIND, 25 Aug 2011
AFTER SEVERAL EXPERIENCES WITH OTHERS HEADPHONES I BELIVE THAT THIS ONES ARE THE BETTER AT THIS PRICE.
SWEET SOUND, GOOD BASS RESPONSE.

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent... for two months, 13 Mar 2012
These headphones were a brilliant fit, they are very comfortable, and when wearing them for 8 hours a day I have had no problems. The sound quality is excellent and they are fairly adept at cancelling outside noise as well. Unfortunately, these headphones broke today. I have had them for just over two months, so it is a real shame. The plastic bit that connect the headphone on the left hand side has snapped, and looking at the right hand side it has cracks too. Its such a shame as I really liked these headphones, but this is a serious design fault. If you're planning on heavy use, these probably aren't the best value headphones you could get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly great headphones, 5 Jan 2014
I bought this product around three years ago and only now I regret to say that they have broken. These headphones have survived a 10-13 year olds handling brilliantly. The quality of sound with the headphones is terrific, I have found things in songs that I didn't know about even after listening to them hundreds of times. I would recommend them to anyone who asked but now I have moved on to some more expensive JVC HA-S400, hoping that they live up to their predecessor.