5.0 out of 5 stars Family reunion

2.0 out of 5 stars If you've read Belgariad, don't bother with the Mallorean
Published on 25 Sept. 2012 by Sal Conners

5.0 out of 5 stars Family reunion, 12 Oct. 2000
By A Customer
After I read "The Belgariad", I longed for more about Garion, Polgara, Silk and the rest of the gang and I must say my wishes were more than granted in "The Malloreon". Garion and Ce'Nedra turned out to be even nicer as adults than as adolescents and the plot is once again very gripping. You really know the characters now and reading "Guardians of the West" was like a family reunion. I loved all those nice character scenes in it and it was very exciting, as well. I read the other four books of "The Malloreon" in very short time and I was very sorry to have finished them. When you really want to finish a story yet feel sorry when you've finished it, you know it's good. And when it comes to that, Eddings is the best!

2.0 out of 5 stars If you've read Belgariad, don't bother with the Mallorean, 25 Sept. 2012
I really enjoyed reading the Belgariad series by David Eddings, so I went straight on to read the Mallorean. It starts well. The characters from the Belgariad being older and there is a new generation on the scene. But as I read on through this series of books, my sense of De-Ja-Vous increased. While I did actually go on to finish the series (mainly because I hate leaving things unfinshed) I felt myself resenting each word because the Mallorean is exactly the same story as the Belgariad with the names changed. I felt quite cheated and concluded that David Eddings is a one-trick-pony.

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the greatest series ever., 1 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Guardians Of The West: (Malloreon 1) (The Malloreon (TW)) (Kindle Edition)
I go back and re-read the Belgariad and the Malloreon series every couple of years, I have done this for the last twenty years and have now bought them for kindle due to them falling apart. Every person I have recommended them to has also fallen in love with them. David Eddings was one of the most gifted fantasy writers of the 20th century, these books are his legacy to the world and I can think of no better way to remember a great man.

5.0 out of 5 stars Malloreon book1, 5 Jun. 2014
Brilliant. I didn't dislike anything. Will recommend it to my friends who have the same taste. Can't wait for the next book

5.0 out of 5 stars Part 6 of the series, 8 May 2014
Follow Belgarion and his party, as they chase his childs abductor across the kingdoms of the west into the east. I must read series for any fantasy fan

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 23 Feb. 2014
i read the series many years ago ,now decided to re read on kindle and its just as good as remember it

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it :-), 17 Feb. 2014
More great writing from David eddings .... great to see the gang together Again!
On I go to book two!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 20 Dec. 2013
Read this book/series several times over the years and it's still great. I would recommend this author for any books he's written. All are fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all good, 14 Sept. 2013
I just love all of eddings work. Reading again in kindle format. Just trying to slow down reading. So I have at least one book over Xmas period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 29 July 2013
Read all of these when they were first published and had not read them for years (despite still owning the hard copies). Downloaded them for holiday reading when I first bought my kindle, together with Polgara, Belgarath & the Rivan Codex which I had not read before. Still fantastic reading!