5.0 out of 5 stars love the soft footbed
Published 9 months ago by jannert

2.0 out of 5 stars EU42? No way!
Im a UK8, which is EU42 in every single pair of shoes I own. I live in Amsterdam so its 42's that I buy.

These are absolutely HUGE! I had to check that the box didnt have an incorrect label because there is no way these are made to the right size!

I ended up returning these, going into the Birkenstock shop and buying EU40.

Im not quite...
Published 3 months ago by Vince

5.0 out of 5 stars love the soft footbed, 15 July 2014
I have worn Birkenstocks for years. Usually I buy lightweight models with ankle straps that keep them on my feet while walking, such as non-leather Rios, but I did own one pair of leather slip-on Arizonas (bought in Glasgow back in the very early 90s.) When that pair finally wore out this spring, after mostly indoor use, I decided to try the new 'soft footbed' model.

Wow! What a difference. These are the non-leather version which I'm already used to, but the big difference is this wonderful soft footbed. What a difference. It's not too squishy to give the usual Birkenstock support, but that 'hard' feeling that some people dislike in Birkenstocks is completely gone. This is the innovation Birkenstocks have been needing. These are well-crafted, fit perfectly, built to a high standard. I am totally pleased, enough to have ordered a second pair as a gift.

I can hardly wait for this soft footbed to be introduced across the Birkenstock range.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good sandals and extremely comfortable, 9 Aug. 2013
The sandals arrived promptly and in good order. I heeded the warnings about sizing, I usually wear UK size 8 (EU42), by purchasing a size smaller (EU41M). i'm glad i did as they fitted perfectly. the pair i bought are not leather but look very good nonetheless and are extremely comfortable. No doubt I will purchase another pair in a different colour.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 24 July 2013
These sandals are good value even though the straps are not leather they are very comfortable- as long as you get the right size. I followed other reviews and bought a size smaller (38) ....big mistake! I had to return them, which was easy and straightforward, as an exchange for my normal sandal size (39) though I do often buy shoes in size 40

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes it's true these are the most comfortable shoes ever!, 14 May 2013
Paul Lemon (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Birkenstock Sandals ''Arizona'' from Birko-Flor in blue (Shoes)
Last year I thought I had struck gold with my first ever pair of Crocs. However, as comfortable as they are they are really ugly. So after seeing Birkenstocks reviewed on QVC I took the plunge with these Arizona Birko-Flors. They are great, They stay on when you might think they would fall off having no backs. I have previously had to use Scholl inserts as my arches tend to fall in ordinary shoes. However the footbed on the Birkies is beautifully shaped and very supportive.

With the weather in the UK as rubbish as ever I am currently using them as slippers but once that sun shines I will be out there strutting my stuff in my Birkies. As regards sizing I followed other reviews and went down a size from what I would normally wear. I have 11.5 size feet and these are 44's and fit perfectly. These are my first pair of Birkies and they wont be my last.

4.0 out of 5 stars They didn't dissapoint, 11 Sept. 2013
After reading many reviews saying these birkenstocks were extraordinarily comfortable, I was really excited about trying them on. I finally felt what everyone was talking about after 2 days of wearing them. They are extremely comfortable and I absolutely love them. I think I should have perhaps got the N (narrow) ones instead. The right one stays on my foot perfectly but i think i may need to make another tiny hole in my left one because it does eventually start to come off my feet when walking casually. It makes me think i should have got the ones with the back strap as well. Nevertheless, if your ones fit both your feet exactly then these German sandals are god sent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock Arizona Birko-Flor, 23 Aug. 2013
I have owned Birkenstocks for decades and was nervous about buying footwear online especially after reading other reviews. To get the correct size draw round your foot and measure the longest length and then match it up against the unisex size chart if you can't got to the Birkenstock shop in Neal Street Covent Garden to check on their foot beds. Having done both of these I found I ordered the correct size the first time around and I am delighted with my purchase. Additionally I have saved £20 on them through Amazon...

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 strap birkenstocks, 4 Sept. 2011
Did like these but it does take a bit of time to get used to, even after having worn so many birkenstocks before. My son wore these on holiday but could not get used to them. So they are all mine! I would generally recommend birkenstocks as they are very comfortable and not only that, your feet are positioned as they should naturally. I have had heel pain on my left foot but these have been the right shape for me to be able to wear them and my other birkis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock Bliss!, 23 Jan. 2013
These really were a bargain at the price I paid. I would advise buyers to buy a size smaller than their usual fitting as they do work out larger than most brands. Fortunately I was aware of this having tried-on a pair previously at a retail shop (at twice the price) before ordering from Amazon. Haaving got the size right they are the most comfortable holiday shoes I have ever worn and should last for years due to the fantastic build quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars EU42? No way!, 19 Jan. 2015

I ended up returning these, going into the Birkenstock shop and buying EU40.

Im not quite sure why these are made so stupidly big?

5.0 out of 5 stars birkenstock clogs, 14 Sept. 2011
Lovely comfortable clogs as reconmended by my sister. I was advised to order one size smaller han my usual shoe size. The fit was perfect. The choice of width's also added to the comfort factor.
The service was excellent with a quick delivery. My only querie would relate to the size of packaging - it was enormous for the contents. It was however rather exciting to open the mystery parcel.