Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 17 July 2010
Having seen Avatar at a 3D Imax cinema, and read quite a lot about 3D technology I avidly awaited my new 3D glasses. I used them in conjunction with Acer's 24" 3D monitor (which by the way is excellent both in 3D and as a 2D monitor). The installation went without a hitch and I was off. What no-body has said (and what is obvious if you think about it, but you don't) is that the 3D is DEPTH into the monitor. Unlike a 3D cinema where the objects appear to come out of the screen towards you so that you could (seemingly) reach out and touch them, this is like looking into the depths of a bucket. It works but is a bit disconcerting and really not what I expected. Also I bought mine primarily for FPS gaming - Beware! Crosshairs remain in 2D on the flat pane of the monitor, while the objects are in 3D somewhere behind them - makes aiming very difficult. I can't really fault the product, because it does what it says on the tin, however if I'd had the opportunity to test them first I probably would not have bought them.
on 13 January 2013
5 stars because the glasses are really good.
Just don't play Microsoft Flight simulator with too many steep turns or extreme maneouvres or you'll need a barf bag on hand.
The avatar game didn't work and I had to un-instal this immediately after trying to run it.
Doesn't it just get your goat when you have to do this sort of thing on a new PC?
on 13 November 2010
I've had a pair of these glasses for a few months now and have mixed feelings towards them. No.1 is they are pretty cheaply finished, very 'plasticky', they do not match the money nor the packaging (which is slick). Apart from that, they work on lots of games, on a FPS they really help your aim, but on something like C&C they are more a nuisance. They do tire your eyes. They are easy to install and use. You DO need a 120hz monitor. They DON'T work with TV's such as Samsungs (they use a different system, unless your using it as a monitor). All said, I think the technology still has some way to go, but it is getting there.
on 2 June 2010
This product from NVIDA is a real treasure and well worth its purchase price.

The glasses fit comfortably over my existing glasses. But you do need a 3D ready television and not just a new television that you recently just bought.

I was disappointed to find the glasses did not work when used with 3D televisions on their own and that they could only work in conjunction with NVIDA's infra red emitter. Maybe that in a future version NVIDA will make them work universally with their own and other television manufacturers' products - this would make them near perfect.

Eur Ing Dave.