4.0 out of 5 stars clive's thermometer review
The delivery was prompt.I used this the same day I recieved it to check my gas oven temp for bread making. I found it very easy to use and the setting function were quite easy with minimal refrence to the instructions. The alarm sounds are quite audible from the living room so there is little chance of forgetting what you are cooking.
Published on 11 Sep 2010 by karo

2.0 out of 5 stars very good. My first use was a nice joint of ...
Overall the unit appears ideal, well-made with every feature. I checked the accuracy before using it, very good. My first use was a nice joint of beef topside, into which I poked the probe, then carefully placed the joint with wire attached into the pre-heated oven, making sure that the wire was straight. Within a minute the temperature alarm went off, reading hundreds of...
Published 24 days ago by San Piran

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted., 10 Dec 2014
P. Carter - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oven Timer And Cooking Thermometer, Dual Display with Alarm & Detachable Probe
I bought this for the oven rather than the BBQ, mainly because I was sick of taking the meat out all the time and using a meat thermometer. So for Christmas I got one of these. I quickly tested how accurate it was, and it was absolutely on the money. Fan oven set to 200 degrees, this shows 200-201. I couldn't ask for anything better.

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 1 Nov 2014
R. McCarthy (London) - See all my reviews
This is a good product at a great price. Works well. The magnet isn't strong enough to stick it vertically with confidence and I haven't been able to figure out how to turn it off. But all in all I am pleased with the purchase and it's excellent value for money compared to what you could spend on a wireless device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 11 Sep 2014
Cheap, well made, good oven temp range. Bit redundant when you have tested your oven as you just adjust your oven dial as necessary. My oven was 30deg C to high, no wonder everything was burnt! Still can always use it as a timer or hang the probe out the window and you have a weather station. At £12 just buy one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 July 2014
Excellent value. Works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 4 Jun 2014
A keen amatuer cook, I have tried 2 or 3 other cheaper models which have broken after a few months. I bought one of these roughly 2 years ago and it's still working perfectly. I have bought a second one to enable me to monitor 2 meat joints at the same time. Would buy this product every time

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little device, 30 May 2014
We bought a Stoves double oven range cooker a few months ago and I've never been confident that the multi function oven is actually reaching the temperature shown on the dial when the red light goes out, the knob itself has quite a lot of free play when you turn it. In the past, I've used a little circular metal thermometer which hangs off one of the oven shelves, and it has told me the oven is 30 degrees below what it should be, turning the oven up only seemed to overcook everything. So imagine my surprise when this little oven timer and cooking thermometer showed the temperature to be bang on at all the function settings. It also detected that the main oven is in fact operating at about 10 degrees lower than the cooker suggests. This little device is an excellent tool which now allows me to set the oven temperature to exactly what I need, and be confident that it's correct.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gizmo, 26 Mar 2014
It's a Clock, Timer & a Food temperature probe.all in one.
It's Easy to use and I would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying, 3 Mar 2014
Steve (Northampton. UK) - See all my reviews
A very straight forward and useful device that has worked perfectly from the start. The integrated timer is also very useful

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 25 Dec 2013
It works fine, relatively small and quite a simple design. Would recommend this to anyone who is thinking about getting it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Called time all too soon., 9 Dec 2014
While it lasted, it did a really good job. Great that you can set an alarm for when the meat reaches the target temperature. But I would have preferred it go have lasted more that half a dozen used.
I have been converted to using a meat thermometer, and will buy another. But not this one.

Oven Timer And Cooking Thermometer, Dual Display with Alarm & Detachable Probe