4.0 out of 5 stars clive's thermometer review
The delivery was prompt.I used this the same day I recieved it to check my gas oven temp for bread making. I found it very easy to use and the setting function were quite easy with minimal refrence to the instructions. The alarm sounds are quite audible from the living room so there is little chance of forgetting what you are cooking.
Published on 11 Sep 2010 by karo

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, Does what it says on the tin
This item works ok, its a bit cumbersome but is packed with features. Most I probably wont use but that is not the fault of the unit. Reliable and seems accurate.
Published 14 months ago by monkers

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars clive's thermometer review, 11 Sep 2010
This review is from: Oven Timer And Cooking Thermometer, Dual Display with Alarm & Detachable Probe

5.0 out of 5 stars A great choice - very happy, 8 Jan 2014
There are a lot of Digital Oven thermometers to chose from and it was hard to decide which one - but I am very happy with my choice.
Why?
1) Its seems well made. A tough case with sensible and professional details such as the properly hinged battery cover, well thought out buttons with a quality push feel and a clear digital display. Even the magnets are good.
2) A quality UK made item from a professional specialist kitchen instruments company. A quality shielded probe, with spares available if ever needed.
3) It seems accurate - read 99/100 in a boiling kettle.
4) It reads up-to 300 DegC (many read to 200) so you can use it to measure oven temperatures rather then just food temperatures.

So far has performed brilliantly and am recommending to all my friends!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth having!, 10 Feb 2011
Drusy (Worcestershire) - See all my reviews
This thermometer works very well, the only worry is where the wire goes into the oven and has the inevitable impact of the Oven door upon it. But I would say this, the discrepencies between the temperature shown on this thermometer and that of the oven thermometer can vary by up to 30C. Say no more.

Regards

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 9 Mar 2013
G. Smedley "Techboy" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
Great little device, nice clear display and you can leave the probe in the meat while it's in the over and stick the display to your cooker on the outside using its magnetic pads which sounds the alarm once it's reached it's safe temperature you can set. I find now I'm probing everything to check it's safe. I have gone through a couple of units due to some very minor problems at the start and 6 months in but the customer service was an absolute pleasure to deal with on both occasions going well beyond what you expect. If only all companies worked this way. Extremely happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 13 Dec 2013
I recently purchased a new fan electric oven that can heat from both the top and the bottom, but it seemed to make it much hotter than the advertised temperature on the dial.

As I love baking, I needed to resolve this so bought this thermometer.

I have previously had the hook type thermometers but had problems with seeing the temperature clearly as it stains and u can't seem to clean the dials. I thought this would be a good alternative as the temperature reading box stays outside the oven.

It instantly solved the problem of not knowing what the temperature was inside the oven and because the temperature guage was outside the oven there was no problem seeing easily what the temperature was. It seems to be very accurate and my baking is back where it should be (no burning lol). The cable that connects the probe and the guage is wire coated which enables it to stand being shut in the door., but I haven't yet found a way to place the probe securely so it doesn't move when you place things in the oven. The only way I can think of is to wind it twice round a shelf support. But the probe can still fall off a shelf and make it difficult to load the second shelf.

So its not perfect, but a lot better than the hook type temperature guage. Perhaps the top of the probe needs some kind of hook on it?

BTW - the probe can also be used to measure the temperature of meat which after years of overcooking roast meats (just to be sure it was cooked all the way through lol) or even frozen pies (no more frozen/cold centres).., makes the rest of my family very happy.

I'd definitely recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good., 17 Aug 2013
Mark A (Wirral, UK) - See all my reviews
Only got it yesterday, but seems like an excellent product. Most importantly, it's accurate, at least over the 0-100C range. It reads boiling water as 100C, a mixture of ice and water as 1C, and the temperature under my tongue as 36C! So, within the specs of +/- 1C.

The LCD is good and clear, the case seems solid, and the cable is tough.

I would like the cable to be a bit more flexible, but obviously it needs to be heat resistant and armoured sufficiently to withstand being shut in an oven door.

I'll update the review when I've used it for real, but so far I'd definitely recommend this product.

UPDATE (June 2014): It works well. The cable is long enough to reach inside the oven and flexible enough to go through the gap between the door and the oven.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and accurate, 27 Feb 2013
A Bowles "Andy B" (Plymouth, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to use for my home-brewing from grain. It gives a quick and accurate reading that is necessary fo some of the processes involved in this. Additionally I have begun to use it when cooking meat and the sturdy probe and wire, as well as the magnetic backing, leave it is well suited to this use.

Compared wth other digital thermometers I have used it seems far more robust and gives a reading quicker. Overall I am very imrpessed with this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 3 Oct 2012
I bought this oven thermometer and timer after looking around at quite a lot of different ones on Amazon. I decided on this one on the basis of its good reviews and simplicity. Assuming the thermometer is correct, it does a good job of measuring the temperature in the oven, and has a handy temperature alarm that can be set, to alert you when the oven is up to temperature. The clock and the timer are also really handy. The only downside to it is that the probe is a bit tricky to place in the oven, in that it moves around when I close the door, and tends to fall off the shelf. I intend to make some sort of small bracket to hold it in place in future. For the price, I would recommend it to other people, though a remote one might be more convenient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class, 31 Mar 2013
Andrew Uter - See all my reviews
This is a simple unit for use by professionals or high level enthusiast home cooks. It's accurate and you can do your own settings without interference from patronising pre-sets. I use it a lot, there is a useful alarm when your set temperature is reached. The additional timer comes in handy from time to time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, 2 Mar 2013
5 stars for customer service! I experienced a problem with the first unit I was sent. I emailed the company, received an immediate and polite response. The new unit works perfectly.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›