5.0 out of 5 stars Great Footwear
Published on 21 Jun 2010 by Peter Bull

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong fit!
These were narrow fit when they arrived, so will have to be returned.

Note to Amazon - N is for narrow, not normal!

I'm sure they are great if you don't have wide feet.
Published 17 months ago by M. Dean

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Footwear, 21 Jun 2010
Peter Bull - See all my reviews
I bought a pair of Birkenstock Arizonas some months back, and have worn them pretty much every day, all day, since then. Now that that are worn in, they are among the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I was somewhat skeptical as to the sizing, as I find there is a great deal of variance in manfacturer's sizing (Adidas 12, Clarks 10, Dr Martens ? (worn off the tongue). Still, I found a perfect fit, and have been well pleased with them since. Would definitely recommend anyone to splash out and buy some, and as and when mine give up the ghost, will happily buy another pair - but given the way they are wearing, I don't imagine that will come for a year or five yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Original Quality. Accept no Imitations, 22 May 2011
I've wanted some nice summer foot-ware for a while, but never really got on with flip-flops because of that bit between your toes and the constant paranoia of, 'these aren't attached to my feet and could fall off at any moment'. Well, enter the Birkenstock.

They really are nice... The leather (I went antique brown) feels very high-quality and softened/started moulding to my foot after a few days. The combination of the double strap, the moulded sole and the lightness of the cork, means that they stay solidly on your feet and are comfortable for extended ware.

I would highly recommend them to anyone, but make sure you go for the leather ones... Quality materials last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love em to bits!, 6 July 2011
M. Dunderdale (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've had 3 pairs in the last 12 years and the first pair lasted me 10 years before I sadly threw them in the bin (because I was forced to by a family member). I got my first pair in Germany which was a novelty. The other two pairs are still going strong and I wouldn't see it as frivolous to own more pairs of them - because regardless of the 'he's wearing Jesus sandals' jokes - they are remarkably comfortable and one will become attached to their Birkis in no time! Buy them and don't look back :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock First Timer with Some Sizing Issues!!, 29 Jun 2014
This is the first year in which I have tried Birkenstocks - having been tempted by an article in the Times Magazine - thought for once I could have something fashionable that was also good for my feet! Initially ordered in Navy Leather size 40 Narrow fit as I take U.K. size 7 - 7.5 (or U.S.A. size 9 - 9.5) and I have long and very narrow feet i.e. AA or N ! Did a lot of research regarding the sizing and was sure I needed a Narrow width but the length was a bit more problematic. They DO look big and it is hard to believe that you need so much space! However, looking on the Birkenstock official site, it is clear that the foot should actually fit within the footbed - both at the heel and toe ends and also from side to side. Obviously I needed Narrow - did I really need 40 though? At this point decided to send for this white version in both 39N and 40N to satisfy myself that I couldn't take a smaller size. Excellent and speedy delivery and 2 pairs of Arizona in White to compare! Was tempted to keep the 39 on the basis that they looked a lot more dainty BUT phoned Birkenstock who talked me through trying on, and it became apparent that as I had virtually no extra space in the length in the size 39 - indeed my foot (tried on the right as this is my bigger foot) - filled the whole of the footbed - and the foot should not overlap the rim and should have at least 2.5mm at the front and back to allow for movement when walking - the 39 was too short! So decision made! I will need to punch an extra hole when the leather has broken in as I am on the tightest fitting but I am sure that they will be great when properly moulded to my feet and will then give them 5 stars. I also do prefer the real leather uppers and think they are worth the extra cost - although bought at an excellent price from Amazon anyway. So now own 2 pairs - White and Navy! Would also like to applaud the excellent free return service - took back to a dropoff point for Collection - 2 days later back at Amazon and an email to confirm the refund would be made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy them too small!, 18 July 2014
Before I finally got my size right, I bought two pairs of these sandals in a wrong size. My one foot is size 6 and the other one 6.5, equivalent to EU 39 and 40 respectively. Size 39 was a big mistake, far too small. 40 was better but some of my toes were touching the front rim, which is an indication of too short a length in the case of Birkenstocks. I wasn't confident about what size I actually needed and looked up the sizing guide on the Birkenstock website. They explain there that your toes mustn't touch or go over the rim of the sandal. That reassured me I needed to go up to size 41, which is UK7. That was quite a shock for me but as long as they fitted properly, I didn't mind. As I realised during my research, the other key element of a correct fit is the width. I went for narrow but my feet are rather average, not very narrow but not exactly wide. I tried on some wide sandals in a shoe shop, and they were extremely loose! I buckled my sandals to the last hole, and they're fine ( with bare feet ). I'd advise everyone to make sure their feet fit inside the shoe properly and that if they find them loose, they should go for the slim fit rather than go for a smaller size.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong fit!, 25 July 2013
M. Dean (Bristol) - See all my reviews
These were narrow fit when they arrived, so will have to be returned.

Note to Amazon - N is for narrow, not normal!

I'm sure they are great if you don't have wide feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutly brilliant!, 29 Jan 2012
R. Graystone (manchester) - See all my reviews
I bought the wrong size as a present for someone. Returning the item and repurchasing the right size was SO easy. They are billiant and much cheaper than I would have found in the shop. Thank you so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 29 Aug 2011
Best pair of sandals I've ever owned. Mine have just given up the ghost after 7 years. Couldn't remember where I originally bought them, so am over joyed to have found them here on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy feet, 16 Feb 2014
Birkenstock is not necessary to rewiev. I can just use only superlatives about these leather slippers. Fits exactly as expected, maybe M width is slightly wider.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock brown clogs, 1 Dec 2011
No Problems with this product as I have bought these shoes before.
Wanted second pair for holidays. Goods arrived in good time