5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and comfortable
I have been very pleased with these sandals. They are very well made, comfortable and flattering to my broad feet.
Published on 29 Jan 2010 by Ms. Pauline Nicol

1.0 out of 5 stars Leather or Leatherette?...Needs Clarification!
After purchasing these sandals I checked them out on Birkenstock's own website and one thing that nobody seems to clear on is what exactly are the straps of these sandals made of?....Sorry to disappoint those folk who have purchased already but it seems they have not been within an inch of a cow and are not good ole hard wearing leather but some form of patented...
Published 16 months ago by Zemo

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and comfortable, 29 Jan 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 5 Mar 2011
These are fantastic quality and I would recommend them. However, there appears to be a problem with sizing if it's the first time you have bought them. I'm a size 6 and unable to get a uk six, so ordered a EU size 40, which is supposed to be a 6 according to the size chart. It's not! 40 is probably 2 sizes too big for me, so I've sent the 40 back and have ordered a 39 and 38 to be on the safe side. So just beware of this. My father in law also bought some Arizona sandals, and he had the same problem. Ordered a 42 when really he needed a 41.

Otherwise, I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Birks, 9 Mar 2010
Rosemay "Ely" (Stockholm, Sude) - See all my reviews
Very comfortable shoes. I go everywhere in them. Packaging and mailing was very good. I got them on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstocks, 1 Sep 2009
After wearing them in. i.e. Getting use to hte toe post these are "Comfort in the house , on the beach or walking anywhere.This is my second pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstocks are best, 15 Mar 2013
Birkenstocks are just simply the most comfortable footwear ever. This is the first time I have tried this particular style and I am delighted with them

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and comfort, 23 Nov 2011
A. W. Taylor (Wales UK) - See all my reviews
5 Stars excellent quality and very comfortable, good price also.this is my 3rd pair now.i would recommend these to anyone looking for comfortable sandals .

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect thong sandals, 28 Sep 2010
The Birkenstock fitted perfectly as expected. I am really happy with my purchase.
The only down side is that the delivery took more than 10 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 17 Jun 2014
I wear a UK size 5 and have quite narrow feet. I ordered size EU 38 (black Ramses Birko-Flor style) and they fit perfectly. The strap between the toes was a little uncomfortable at first, but after wearing them for a few days it's not bothering me that much anymore. I'm sure these are going to be very comfy in a few weeks after they have been worn in

5.0 out of 5 stars Your size is the right size, 23 Jun 2012
Those shopping online would know how often you get a wrong sized footwear, which is followed by painstaking returns process. I really struggled to choose the best size after reading several reviews suggesting to go for a size smaller. The Size N(narrow) and R(regular) made it even more confusing as I thought my feet are not broad. In the end I just got tired and ordered my regular size 43, R. I was mentally prepared to receive a pair of sandals which is too big. To my utter surprise it was a perfect Fit.

This is my first and only review, especially for those struggling to order the right size

Conclusion: 1. Great product, 2. Go for your regular size 3. The 'R' size or 'normal width' will fit most feet (it fit mine which i think are narrow)

More info here:[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort; Always, 9 Jan 2014
Don't leave home without them. Yes they're a little more expensive than the run-of-the-mill flip flops, but they're more than that. I bought these as my wife had a flowery pair that she bought in Germany and has worn for the past 3-4 years.

When they're grubby from the beach or those dusty bush walks, they get thrown in the washing machine and look new again.

Well worth the little bit extra cost.