5.0 out of 5 stars Great product
Published on 5 Mar. 2011 by Delmar

1.0 out of 5 stars Leather or Leatherette?...Needs Clarification!
Published 23 months ago by Zemo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 5 Mar. 2011
These are fantastic quality and I would recommend them. However, there appears to be a problem with sizing if it's the first time you have bought them. I'm a size 6 and unable to get a uk six, so ordered a EU size 40, which is supposed to be a 6 according to the size chart. It's not! 40 is probably 2 sizes too big for me, so I've sent the 40 back and have ordered a 39 and 38 to be on the safe side. So just beware of this. My father in law also bought some Arizona sandals, and he had the same problem. Ordered a 42 when really he needed a 41.

Otherwise, I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and comfortable, 29 Jan. 2010
I have been very pleased with these sandals. They are very well made, comfortable and flattering to my broad feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 17 Jun. 2014
I wear a UK size 5 and have quite narrow feet. I ordered size EU 38 (black Ramses Birko-Flor style) and they fit perfectly. The strap between the toes was a little uncomfortable at first, but after wearing them for a few days it's not bothering me that much anymore. I'm sure these are going to be very comfy in a few weeks after they have been worn in

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstocks are best, 15 Mar. 2013
Birkenstocks are just simply the most comfortable footwear ever. This is the first time I have tried this particular style and I am delighted with them

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Birks, 9 Mar. 2010
Rosemay "Ely" (Stockholm, Suède) - See all my reviews
Very comfortable shoes. I go everywhere in them. Packaging and mailing was very good. I got them on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and comfort, 23 Nov. 2011
A. W. Taylor (Wales UK) - See all my reviews
5 Stars excellent quality and very comfortable, good price also.this is my 3rd pair now.i would recommend these to anyone looking for comfortable sandals .

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstocks, 1 Sept. 2009
After wearing them in. i.e. Getting use to hte toe post these are "Comfort in the house , on the beach or walking anywhere.This is my second pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect thong sandals, 28 Sept. 2010
The Birkenstock fitted perfectly as expected. I am really happy with my purchase.
The only down side is that the delivery took more than 10 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your size is the right size, 23 Jun. 2012
Those shopping online would know how often you get a wrong sized footwear, which is followed by painstaking returns process. I really struggled to choose the best size after reading several reviews suggesting to go for a size smaller. The Size N(narrow) and R(regular) made it even more confusing as I thought my feet are not broad. In the end I just got tired and ordered my regular size 43, R. I was mentally prepared to receive a pair of sandals which is too big. To my utter surprise it was a perfect Fit.

This is my first and only review, especially for those struggling to order the right size

Conclusion: 1. Great product, 2. Go for your regular size 3. The 'R' size or 'normal width' will fit most feet (it fit mine which i think are narrow)

More info here:[...]

1.0 out of 5 stars Leather or Leatherette?...Needs Clarification!, 14 April 2013
After purchasing these sandals I checked them out on Birkenstock's own website and one thing that nobody seems to clear on is what exactly are the straps of these sandals made of?....Sorry to disappoint those folk who have purchased already but it seems they have not been within an inch of a cow and are not good ole hard wearing leather but some form of patented leatherette called Birko Flor?......I have written to Birkenstock as posted here!....."Hi! - I have just ordered two pairs of Birkenstock Sandals from Amazon that have not yet arrived ...Birkenstock Ramses Birko-Flor, Style-No. 44701, Unisex Thong Sandals, Dark-Brown & Birkenstock Gizeh Birko-Flor, Style-No. 43751, Unisex Thong Sandals, Mocca Nubuk. On Amazon and in its descriptions and on many other sites it suggests that these sandals are made of leather or Nubuck leather but on looking at you own site it suggests different. Can you please confirm if there are any parts of these sandals that are made of real leather because it was under this pretext and based on the price and description that I purchased these items with regards" ...... I am still awaiting a response and clarification from Birkenstock which I will post once recieved